25 Things Single Men Want Women to Know
There Is No Perfect Man
Through trial and error, the single lifestyle continues to flourish while both sexes continue to make mistakes. But will they learn from their mistakes? That is the question. Hopefully, this article will provide some answers.
Both men and women have their expectations on what they are looking for in their significant other. Or perhaps they aren't looking for a mate, but instead are looking for someone to smash. For those unfamiliar with the term smash - it's also referred to as sex.
I interviewed some of my single male friends about what they want to tell women and their responses were very interesting. I was quite surprised that I didn't receive any duplicate responses. These men were also quick to share their advice.
One of my favorite quotes was, "There are good men out there, but no perfect guy." And as a woman, I agree. Perfection is overrated. Perfection is also boring. If one is perfect, there is no room for improvement.
I hope women don't take these responses personally but instead take them to heart and learn a lesson or two or twenty-five. The responses should not place men in a bad spotlight as this is not my intention. Appreciate the humor, wit, sarcasm that they share and who knows you just might meet your match one day.
No names will be used to protect the innocent, or so they say.
Men Share Their Advice
- We don't want to hear about your previous relationships. We feel like you are comparing us and creating a label. Possibly down the road you could share, but not early in a relationship.
- We might not want to date you, but we might want to smash you. If we could agree to just smash and you have no other expectations, we will get along just fine.
- If you put out on the first date you will just be someone I smash. There will never be a future for us. Try waiting until after the third date.
- Do not expect me to respond to every text you send me. Men don't need constant communication.
- We like the thrill of the chase. We don't like when you are easy to catch. We don't like when you are always available, that takes away from the thrill.
- Don't be demanding. We don't like to take orders.
- Don't be afraid to approach us; to initiate contact. We don't bite. Unless you want us too.
- We understand you might have male friends which is why you should respect our female friends. We don't want any cat fights.
- We do not want any drama. And by any, we mean any.
- Do not expect us to pay for everything. We like to be treated to a drink or meal also.
No Stalking Allowed
11. Use current photos for online dating. This way if we do meet up I could easily find you! And do not use fake profiles to stalk me.
12. We don't want to cuddle and chat after smashing. Sorry ladies but the old saying "Wham, Bam, Thank you ma'am" stands true. We just want to go to sleep.
13. We know that some women enjoy the thrill of the chase too and the bad boy factor but not all men are bad. Some of us actually want to treat you right. You just have to figure out what you want and find the right guy.
14. Chances are we will ghost you when we are no longer interested. Do not take it personally. We would rather ghost you than have to explain why we no longer want contact. Women require a lengthy and detailed conversation that could go on for hours. Men don't have time for that because we most likely have already moved on. Just let us go and in the long run, it will be best for you.
15. Try not to go psycho stalker with us. You have to admit that you all are a bit crazy. Men don't want to deal with crazy. Don't slash my tires or key my car—just let us go!
We Don't Like Games
16. Men want women to be genuine. The real deal. Not fake. We like independent women who aren't needy. If you could change a flat tire that would be a bonus, but not expected.
17. Emotionally intelligent women are appreciated. They are able to express themselves without the games that some play. We do not like emotional games. We want to be able to have a conversation with you and not think you are contemplating castrating us.
18. Stop listening to your single female friends as to why your relationships aren't working; there is a reason most of those women are single. Start listening to your male friends, they just might have better advice. Better yet having open communication with the guy that you are interested in seems best.
19. We don't like when you overuse makeup. Applying makeup to accentuate your beauty in a natural way is acceptable, but it's unacceptable if you look totally different once you wash your face.
20. We are not looking for high maintenance women. If I wanted high maintenance I would hire a hooker.
21. Respect each other's individuality. We might have different interests and that is fine. Companionship is nice, but understand that I might not want to spend all my free time with you. There is no need to argue or get upset if we decide to hang out with the boys all weekend. You hang out with the girls. It's a win-win!
We Like Compliments Too
22. We don't want to hear "I dunno" when we ask you a direct question. We would like to hear "Yes" or "No." Where do you wanna eat? What do you wanna do tonight? Just answer. We don't read minds. We also don't want to have to assume and then we both end up disappointed.
23. We want you to be yourself. We want you to be comfortable being with us. So when we do go out to eat, don't order a salad, order a steak. We want to watch you enjoy your meal and we don't want you picking at our food.
24. Just like you appreciate compliments so do we. Tell us we look nice. Tell us we smell good. We aren't asking for an ego boost, OK maybe some of us are, we just like to feel appreciated for the effort we put into our date.
25. My philosophy is to identify 2-3 absolute deal breakers; everything else is negotiable. This is easier than having a long list of must-haves. Deal breakers are essential when juggling multiple options.
Thank you to the men who shared their advice, thoughts, and opinions.
(Stay tuned for my upcoming article: 25 Things Single Women Want Men to Know)
We don't want to be mothered or smothered.