My name is Tatiana, but my friends and family call me Tutta. I like writing articles that help bring people closer together.
What Is a Pet Name?
Just like a nickname you'd use for a best friend, in the dating world, pet names express fondness (which isn't to say they can't be used to poke a little fun, too!). When it comes to your significant other, you may have a nickname for them that you use in front of friends or while out and about, but do you have a special name for them in between the sheets?
Some people need a sexy nickname for a line of work, such as go-go dancing, or perhaps for a screen name online. Whatever the case, you’ve landed on this page because you are exploring the possibility of a sexy nickname. Maybe you are even looking for one for your . . . um . . . package? Anyways, let’s move on, shall we?
Sexy Nicknames for Guys
Guys are easy! Whoops! I meant to say that making up guy nicknames is easy! But seriously, there is really only one basic rule to remember when coming up with a great sexy nickname for your guy: Make it masculine!
Now obviously, there are exceptions, but for the most part, men love when you mention how big, strong, and manly they are! Nicknames like Stud Muffin, Hunk, and Lumberjack are great examples, but here are even more to consider for your guy!
Dr. Hot Butt
Mister Hot Stuff
Love on Fire
Suggestive Names for Your Man ;)
Mr. Nice Guy
Mr. Fun Time
Names From Professions
Names From Famous Characters and People
Sexy and Sweet Spanish Names
Names From the Wild
Looking for a pet name that's a little sweet and silly rather than sexy? From jokey names like Snookums and Heart Slayer to classics like Honey Bear and Boo, the following lists have you covered there, too.
Cutesy Pet Names for Your Boyfriend
Funny Names for Your Man
Sexy Names for Girls
Coming up with a great name for your girl can be a bit trickier because you have to be creative to come up with something unique! We all know "Baby," and we want something new and sexy!
If you're a guy looking for a sexy nickname for your girl, there's just one thing you need to remember: Make it alluring! No girl wants a nickname that'll make them feel anything less than beautiful, so the name itself must be as beautiful as she is!
Sexy Girl Names From Fiction and Myth
Tasty Names for Your Girlfriend
Nicknames to Describe Her Body
Names From Professions
Names for Some Sparkle
Sweet Girl Nicknames From Nature
Cute, Lovey Names for Your Girlfriend
Sweet Names From Other Languages
Ma Petite Chou
Silly Names for Her
Cute Couple Nicknames
If one nickname isn't enough, why not come up with a couples nickname for both of you? From the romantic to the ridiculous, here are a few ideas.
- Romeo and Juliet
- Salt and Pepper
- Batman and Catwoman
- Sugar and Boo
- Adam and Eve
- Bonnie and Clyde
- Fire and Ice
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Tristan and Isolde
- Pookie and Snookie
- Ball and Chain
- Antony and Cleopatra
- Cinnamon and Spice
- Milk and Cookies
Dirty Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend
Giving a Nickname to Someone Else
Sexy nicknames aren’t for everyone. After all, you don’t want to go around calling your best buddy "Love Muffin," right? Make sure the person that you're giving a sexy nickname to is someone who means a lot to you and someone you feel extremely comfortable with.
Also, keep in mind that just because you want to give someone a sexy nickname doesn’t necessarily mean they want to have one. Make sure you know their boundaries and that they won’t feel disrespected by such a gesture.
Here are a few things to consider before deciding on a nickname for your guy or girl:
- Relationship Status: The person that you're looking to give a sexy nickname should be someone that you’ve been involved with for a while. Giving a brand-new boyfriend or girlfriend a nickname right off the bat might come off as a little odd! Make sure it’s a lasting relationship first.
- Type of Personality: Only you know if your guy or girl would enjoy exchanging sexy nicknames. If you aren't sure they'd be into it, you can either test their reaction to a tamer, but still flirty nickname, or just ask them straight up!
- Attractive Attributes: This one is a given. If the recipient is well-endowed in certain areas of the body, this can prove to be a great inspiration for some super sexy nicknames! Just remember to proceed with caution and try not to be too vulgar with it.
Receiving a Nickname From Someone Else
If you are given a nickname by your love, try to embrace it; the intention behind it is usually a good one. The same goes for when giving a nickname—always have good intentions behind it to avoid ill feelings.
Now that's not to say you have to love whatever nickname you're given, and if you don't, you shouldn't hesitate to say so. This actually happened with me and my guy! I personally didn't like the nickname "Baby" or ''Babe," so when he called me "Baby," I nipped it in the bud real quick!
How to Tell Someone You Don't Like a Nickname
Here are some steps you can take to say no to a nickname!
- Be Honest: It's okay to say, "I love that you want to give me a nickname, but I just don't really like that one." Sure, their ego may be a little wounded, but ultimately it'll benefit both of you to say something sooner rather than later.
- Give Examples: Maybe "Baby" wasn't the right nickname for me, but I do think "Sweetheart" is cute. Ask your SO to try others to see what feels right. Eventually, the right name will stick!
- Appreciate the Gesture: When someone gives you a cute or sexy nickname, usually, it's a term of endearment. Every time they use that nickname instead of your real name, it's a cute way of saying you're special to me. So even if you don't like the name, show appreciation and love for the gesture.
In the event that a nickname is rejected, no matter what the reason is, always try to have a few backups handy. If you find that the name Honeybuns triggers a less-than-receptive reaction, retreat immediately to a safe place until the reaction has subsided and try again later with a nicer, safer nickname such as Sweetie. While they might not be the most exciting, you can never go wrong with the classics!
© 2016 Tatiana