Sample Love Letters to Your Husband (or the Man in Your Life)
Simple Ways to Say "I Love You"
Women aren't the only ones who love receiving love letters from their husbands or partners; men are also thrilled to receive these written tokens of affection. Don't worry, you don't have to write a fancy poem or a lengthy treatise in order to express your feelings in a heartfelt way.
A little note that conveys how you feel does not have to be a huge project. Nor does it need to be pages long. In fact, some of the best love letters may be only a few sentences long.
A short love letter can have the same effect as a lengthy one as long as your heart is in it. Below are some samples of short love letters written for your husband or the man in your life. I hope these provide inspiration as you think about composing a love letter to your special someone. Remember, love letters can be for a special occasion—or just because.
Sample # 1 - The Non-Mushy Love Letter
My favorite time of the day is when I'm with you.
Everyone has a moment of the day they look forward to the most. For some it's the first sip of wine, or when a good football game is on, or the time of day they get to sit in front of the TV.
My favorite part of day is when I'm beside you. We don't have to be doing anything in particular. I just look forward to being by your side.
Help! I Don't Know What to Say...
The best thing to write in a love letter are statements about how you feel about the person. Don't worry about how your words sound out loud. Your loved one will know that these words come straight from your heart. Write how you truly feel—not how you think you should feel.
Sample # 2 - I Love You Because...
You don't need to sit down and write a lengthy letter—just a sweet love note here and there can be a great way to show your love. A short love note should be simple and to the point, especially if it's just one line. Write a cheesy love line, a goofy love shout-out, or just write "I love you."
I love you because...
- you make me smile.
- my eyes shine when you look at me.
- you mean the world to me.
- every time I look your way my heart misses a beat.
- without you I would be lost.
- you have taught me the true meaning of love.
- you are you.
- ... the truth is I could fill a million pages with all the reasons I love you—but I'd rather spend that time with you.
Love Letter Refrigerator Magnetic Kit
A love letter does not always need to be written with ink and paper. Have fun creating short love notes with magnets on the refrigerator!
Sample # 3 - More One-Line Love Notes
Here are some more ideas for one-line love notes:
- You are the love of my life—always in my thoughts and in my heart.
- When I need strength, all I need to do is look in your eyes.
- I would walk through fire to keep our love.
- I found everything I was looking for when I met you.
- You are my love.
- I think of you throughout the day, and for no reason at all.
- I am blessed to have you by my side.
- Not only do you make my world a better place, you are my world.
- Having you by my side makes every day a great day.
- My problems somehow just vanish when you are beside me.
Sample # 4 - To My One and Only
Your love is always on my mind. When I am away from you I long to feel your touch, the warmth of your hand, the comfort of your arms, and the soft touch of your lips on mine. You make me so very happy. The more time I spend with you the more I find myself falling deeper in love with you. I love you—and I love us together.
You are the man beyond my dreams, the man I wanted to marry, the man I would marry again, the first one I think about when I wake up, and the last one I think about when I go to bed.
Thank you for being there with me through the very thick and thin moments of life. I cannot imagine my life without you.
Sample # 5 - Thank You for Being There
Dear Darling Husband,
Thank you for always being by my side. Together we are creating adventures we will someday share with our kids. I know when I need someone you will be there. Thank you for being the one I can count on and trust with even my darkest fears and biggest dreams. I would choose no one other than you to be my partner in life.
1001 Romantic Ideas
I bought this book at the bookstore a few years ago. It was a great way to get the romantic ideas rolling. Great for those that do not have a romantic bone in their body, but would like to!
Creative Ideas for Messages
- Start with a fairy tale in mind, and see where your love letter brings you. "Once upon a time..."
- Tell him something you've always wanted to say but haven't. Or share a reason you love him you've never mentioned before.
- Did I ever tell you...
- Start with a favorite romantic movie then make a story of your own.
- I feel like our love is...
- Talk about the first time you saw him, or about your first date.
- When I first saw you...
- Start with a joke or a funny saying. Then tell him how you feel about him.
- You had me at, "Stop following me!!!"
- You are to me what an eye patch and a parrot are to a pirate.
- I am rubber, you are glue. Any feelings you have for me bounce off and stick to you. Ironically, I feel the same way...
- Start your love letter to your husband like you would a list; then complete the list as your letter. "20 Reasons Why I Love You..."
Sample # 6 - Funny Love Letter
To My Prince Charming,
Please keep the toilet seat down.
As a young girl I had an image of being married to my prince charming. The kind that rides up on a white horse, smells great, has a dashing smile, always has nice things to say to me, and is always tidy.
My wonderful husband, you are the man that I chose to be my dashing prince. I believe I have chosen well. You may not ride a white horse, and although your scent of bacon is not the worst, your smile definitely makes me smile. I have to add that your comments about my ass are very motivating. But please, honey, put the toilet seat down.
Love you, baby. Thank you for being my Prince Charming.
Sample # 7 - Forgive Me
I love you even though you made me cry.
Even thorough my tears, I love you. I am not just with you, I love you and will always love you. Yes, you made me cry, and I have been to a point where I thought my heart was breaking. But even through my tears I knew I forgive you, just as you have forgiven me at times, because you are my true partner in life.
P.S. You still make me smile.
Still Stuck? More Letter Starters
- "I love you because..." Say why you love him and how much you love him.
- "Thank you..." Thank you for being who he is, thank you for something he did or anything else you are thankful for that involves him.
- "I want you..." I'm pretty sure this one does not have to be explained. Just remember if you're going to get personal, make sure the card is given at an appropriate time and place.
- "I would marry you again and again..." Every women wants to hear this, and I expect men would smile at the notion, as well.
- "I miss you. I want you at my side..." Does your husband travel a lot for work? Let him know you miss him when he's away.
- "I value my time with you..." Explain how you value your time with him.
- "You make my day..." Tell how his presence made a particular event more memorable.
- Be a little bit humorous. We don't always have to be all sweet and lovey to show how much we love him.
- Borrow lyrics from a song. Begin your love letter with some lyrics of a song that reminds you of him. Then end with your own words.
- Write a poem. The poem doesn't need to rhyme or be beautifully written, but it could if you want.
- A memory from the past. Remind your love of a happy time you had with him or a time you both shared.
- Things you always say. Many couples have things that they always say or do. If you do not have a cute saying already you may think of one and stick to it if you like. It makes for a cute beginning or end of a love letter. To complete the love letter, express your feelings and how the "saying" currently applies.
- Things that are unsaid. Sometimes it's easier to write something down on paper than to say it out loud.
For Valentine's Day
Sample # 8 - Please Be My Valentine
It appears that I cannot stop thinking about you. I do believe I love you. I know I love you. You are simply the best. Who would not love that smile and sense of humor? You, my loving husband, are the best thing that has ever happened to me.
Simply put, you complete me. Please be my valentine.
Love you forever and always,
Your Adoring Wife
Sample # 9 - I Am a Fool in Love With You
Sweat Husband of Mine,
Be a fool with me and be my valentine. They say people do foolish things for love. What foolish things shall we do next? I would follow you anywhere and be yours.
- Your Love-Stricken Wife
Sample # 10 - First Christmas Together as Husband and Wife
I have always loved Christmas, but now I cannot imagine this time of year without you. Looking forward to many more Christmases together.
I do not need to make a list to Santa for something I want. When I married you I got everything I will ever need. I all I want for Christmas is you.
My first Christmas as your wife is a memory I will hold close to my heart. I am so thankful to you and for having your love.
Sample # 11 - Humorous Christmas
"If you wake up to someone with a big red hat and a white beard putting you in a sack, don't worry. I told Santa all I wanted for Christmas is you."
- Author unknown
My Valentine's Day Cards
I've given my husband many Valentine's Day cards over the years, but these are some of my favorites (below).
Library Card Love Note
Short and Sweet
Oh, So Cute!
Cartoons Are Fun
How Often Do You Write Love Letters To Your Spouse?
All images are courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net.