Sunny believes in the power of love. Every person enters your life for a reason.
When should I give my girlfriend a nickname?
There are many ways to know when to start calling your girlfriend by a nickname. Hopefully it comes naturally one day, maybe during a date or a romantic adventure. If she starts calling you by a nickname, that's also a sign that she might want one. If you’re not sure whether it’s time, you could pick one from the list and imagine calling her by it next time you see her. If you like it, you'll be ready when the time feels right.
Cute Nicknames for Your Girlfriend
How to decide a nickname for my girlfriend?
The number 1 rule: Pick a name that both of you like! It's ok to try out a name for a little while to see how well it fits. If she doesn't like it, don't call her by it. If you don't like it but she does, you can phase it out, but remember to at least use it once in a while to make her feel special. Another idea is to choose different nicknames in different places, like one for in public, one for family or friends settings, and a third for texts or as her name in your phone.
Sweet Nicknames for Your Girlfriend
Sweet n Sour
Read More From Pairedlife
Classic Nicknames for a Girlfriend
One & Only
My Fair Lady
My Cherie Amour
Romatic Girlfriend Nicknames
Light of My Soul
Playful Nicknames to Call Your Girlfriend
Should I pick from a list or make my own?
Either one! As long as she is happy with her nickname, you did well. If you pick from this list, choose something that reminds you of her. Something that describes the way you feel when you see her, or the things that she does best. If you want to make your own, here are some tips:
Tips to make your own nickname for your girlfriend
- Inside jokes can be a great source of nicknames.
- Think of things that remind you of each other. If you both have a favorite song or tv show, a nickname from that may remind you of each other. Or you could think back to how you met, or a first date.
- Think of a classic couple, like Romeo and Juliet or Beyonce and Jay-Z. If she reminds you of someone in a classic or cute couple, or you remind her of someone in a couple, that’s instant inspiration right there.
- Pick a word you like, or a nickname from this list, or even her name. Then add something cute, like 'umble' or 'bun' or 'pie'. Optional step: mispronounce a letter or two. Mispronunciation is a great way to make a name your own. Voila! Instant nickname.
- Don't call her the same thing her Ex called her. That's asking for trouble!
- Don't call her the same thing parent calls her. That's asking for trouble!
Don't call her something she used to call her Ex. That's asking for trouble!
Fun & Silly Girlfriend Nicknames
10 Meaningful Nicknames for Girlfriends
- Better Half: This tells her that she completes you, that she is important to you, and that you think the world of her.
- Huggable: If she loves hugs and you love hugging her, she will know exactly what this means.
- Love: When you know, you know.
- Squishy: Is so soft and lovable that you can't keep your hands off her? Maybe she'll like this nickname.
- Gold Medal: Nothing is better than the gold medal - and that's what she is to you!
- Lady Love: This says she's all you'd ever want, she's got style, she's got grace, she's a winner, and you love her!
- Blue Ribbon: For the girlfriend who makes you feel like you've won first prize every day.
- Soulmate: Shows how serious you are about her. Girlfriends dig that.
- Superwoman: Now she can see that she's a superhero in your eyes.
- Sweetheart: This is a classic for a reason - she's the sweetest one around.