How to Pamper Your Husband in 20 Easy Ways
Keep The Fire Burning
There comes a time in our married life when everything becomes routine. We get so caught up with everyday concerns like earning a living, raising the kids, and managing the home that we neglect ourselves and the person we vowed to love and to cherish in sickness and in health. In this article, let us all look for ways to love, adore and bring out the best in our husbands, and make them the king they are meant to be. Why do we need to do that? So they will make us the queens we are meant to be.
Just kidding. Finding ways to express our love to our husbands is a lot of fun, we will feel good about ourselves, and we need to do this if we want our marriage to be a "match made in heaven". So quit thinking about how the "magic died" or the "chemistry is gone". Instead, come along and let us find ways to put back the spark in our relationships! Check out these "pampering tips" and share your own ideas.
How would you rate your relationship with your spouse?
1. Write a list of all the reasons you fell in love and married him. Let him fall in love with you all over again by reading this list to him. You might even need to read this list to yourself every now and then.
2. Send a signal to his heart and soul by being affectionate at all times. A hug, a gentle touch, a wink or a simple peck on the cheek when he least expects it will be appreciated. Men sometimes act as if they’re less of a person when you do this but they do love being loved!
3. Whisper sweet nothings to him. Call him at work and tell him how crazy you are about him.
4. Be his best friend. Drop whatever you are doing if he needs to talk to you about things he is having difficulty with. Sometimes he needs you to just listen, there are times he will ask for your opinion and there may be situations when he wants space. Do not be threatened when he needs time to be alone. Respond with compassion and understanding.
5. Do simple things for him often. Sweeten his coffee, adjust his necktie, get him a glass of water, get his favourite book ready on his bedside, hand him his towel or any other small gesture that will make him feel loved and cared for.
6. Be pretty for him. Flaunt your femininity. Dress in clothes he wants you to wear at home. Who knows where this will lead?
7. Pay attention to his needs. Sometimes we ladies tend to put our kids first, forgetting our husbands need our attention too. Make a conscious effort to take care of your husband and the little things he needs. You might need to mend his shirt, shop for new socks or buy his favourite coffee.
Pampering tip # 8, 9 and 10
8. Run him a warm bath when he is bone tired from working. Rub his back, give him a gentle massage or better yet, share the tub with him.
9. Get up early to prepare his favourite breakfast. Learn to cook if you don't know how to. It's true the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.
10. Tell his parents about how good a man your husband is. Praise them for raising him the way they did. This will not only please your husband, it will create a bond between you and his family.
11. Make time for date nights. It is important to keep the romance alive. If this is not possible, find time at home to be alone. Listen to a romantic song together, or just be with each other and be lovers again. My husband and I do this every night when the kids are asleep. We each have a cup of coffee and sit side by side in the back porch. Sometimes we stay up until midnight just talking, flirting or whispering sweet nothings to each other. We both look forward to this every evening.
12. Host a surprise party for him at home. Rent a movie for him and his buddies. Prepare a little feast for them. Your husband will be the envy of his friends.
13. Assign and celebrate a day each month to be hubby’s day. Tell him it’s his special day, and you and your kids will do everything for him, even putting toothpaste on his toothbrush. Get your kids to help. Ask them to hang Dad’s towel in the bathroom, bring him breakfast in bed or anything that will make your husband feel special. Show him he is worth celebrating.
14. Quit whining. Find ways to talk to your husband about your needs without making it sound like you are complaining. Do not make your husband feel inadequate with your grievances, criticism and fault finding.
15. Be the wife any husband will be proud of. Commit to learn new things, improve yourself and develop your own interests. Get involved in worthwhile causes. Be a diamond to your husband and give him a reason to brag about you.
16. When he makes a mistake or gets insecure about losing his hair, say kind words of encouragement and reassurance. Declare your devotion all over again. Remind him you married him warts and all, and will continue to love him for the rest of your life.
17. Pray with your husband especially when he is worried about something. He needs to know you are there for him.
18. Stay in bed with him when he is sick. Let him hear you pray for him.
19. Find reasons to be together. Run errands with him. Help him wash his car or do his remodelling. He doesn't really need you, but will appreciate the company.
Pampering tip #20
20. Brag about your husband to your friends, his and your family. Let everyone know how grateful you are about being married to a terrific guy. Let your husband know he is the world to you. Love him, adore him, and let him follow you to the ends of the earth!