Signs He Loves You Through Text
When to Say "I Love You"
So you've been dating for a pretty minute, but neither of you have said those three magic words.
You've been wondering if he'll break the mold or if it'll be you. In the age of text messaging, you can tell a significant amount about a relationship by how they text. Some science researchers (lord knows which ones) said texting is mentally to your brain like talking to someone in person.
So before you ride off text messaging, remember it's more intimate than just sending a handful of words on your breaks during work.
You can find little clues about whether or not someone likes you, right there in your phone. When someone loves you, it'll come out one way or another.
Here are 24 ways that you can tell someone is leaning toward being in love with you... or already is.
24 Ways to Tell He is in Love With You Through Text Messages
- You'll find yourself talking to them constantly about anything and everything. It doesn't matter the topic. They check in with you like it's a commitment. You get a mixture of long texts, short texts, sweet texts, random texts, haphazard texts, and romantic texts. You should be getting a lot of communication frequently, consistently, and for months. They'll want to keep talking to you, because they like -- I mean -- love you.
- The good morning and goodnight texts are expected. They'll finish and begin conversations in this warm manner. They want to be your first thought when you wake up in the morning (feelin' like P Diddy) and they want to be the last thought you have when you go to bed.
- When you're sad, sick, or a mess, they'll try to cheer you up -- even if they don't know how to make you feel better. They'll go an extra mile to want to comfort you. It won't be a simple "I'm sick" and they give you a blank or apathetic response. They'll care about you and try to show it through their actions. They'll ask if there's anything they can do for you, or he'll find a way to let you know that he is empathetic toward your situation.
- Love happens regardless of pictures. It doesn't matter whether they send you pictures of their day and it's adventures or no if they send no pictures. Although, you can tell someone loves you when they send you certain pictures. They will send you pictures to cheer you up, because it is a goal of theirs to please you and make you happy.
- When you two can't see each other for a week, the texts make it clear without question that you two miss each other. When you finally get to see each other, it's noticeable that some amount of emotion has developed. If he does not miss you when he is gone, this could be suspicious. Perhaps, you guys are at a point of being used to having long breaks, and so it doesn't bother you as much as it did in the beginning. But if he doesn't seem to ever miss you, that could be cause for concern.
- He'll confide in you with secrets that he doesn't share with anyone else. Secrets are a big part of relationships. The conversation part of relationships' that have to do with intimacy are essentially the secrets, the things you don't tell anyone else. This could be how you feel about them romantically, what makes you sad, or the little bit of gossip you only spare for their ears. Because essentially this person is the one you deem as your confidante. A role much wanted.
- You don't have to question who will initiate conversations; you are past that point and don't keep track anymore. Sometimes, in early parts of relationships, one person may feel like the dominant communicator. This could still continue with someone who is more reserved, but usually it should get to a point that both of you communicate without much nudging from the other person.
- He reminds you in texts about some of your favorite things and why they are your favorite things. This could be things that have come up from dates, things he knows you like such as ice cream, or your favorite movies, inside jokes, etc.
- He lets you be as weird as you want to be in text messaging. You could make up rhymes or jump back and forth with the moon. It doesn't matter. He likes your weirdness, and probably sees it more as charm. You know you have someone right for you when they enjoy your absurd narratives that others probably could care less to ever hear.
- He respects the hours you are sleeping and doesn't text you then. Sometimes guys will text you at odd hours of the night, and it may seem cute or even harmless. But a guy who knows when you're sleeping and that you can't communicate to him at that time -- that guy is smart. Someone who just texts you and wakes you up because he is up is being a little immature. Facebook messages don't count.
- He doesn't leave you hanging or confused. He is straight with you in his texts. You won't feel like he's seeing lots of other people behind your back. He'll let you have clarity and a peace of mind.
- His texts will mention the future. He'll be trying to piece together how the two of you will fit, what needs to happen, his career goals, his ambitions -- he'll also be curious about what kind of goals you have, where you have been, etc.
- He mentions his family with ease and even invites you to see them. He wants to show you off more than a casual friend. He wants you to feel loved, supported, and appreciated.
- He'll continue to enjoy your company, thank you for spending time with him, and invite you into his world with ease. He'll make sure you feel comfortable with him because he wants to do things right. When guys focus on wanting to do things right, that's a big deal.
- He may mention in texts that he thinks you guys can work through things, you make a great team, and he enjoys the relationship. This guy has a good attitude. He showing that he wants to have a good work ethic within the relationship. These things do take work, but the kind you should enjoy. Like one of your hobbies.
- He'll continue to compliment your personality, emotions, looks, punctuality. He'll compliment whatever he can to let you know he likes you and more.
- He offers to take you on dates -- sometimes big, romantic ones. He could be doing that to set the mood right and make it easier for him to say the three magic words. Or he could just come out with what he wants to say while doing chores or something much simpler.
- He'll text you whenever he wants to talk to you. You shouldn't feel left in the dark, unless he is not really a phone person in general. Some people just don't like texting that much. Consider other ways they are communicating with you before writing the guy off. He may really like you, but just not like his phone buzzing every 10 minutes.
- He lets you know in texts that he would like to meet your friends, enjoys your friends, or that you can spend time with them outside of him. He doesn't want you to lose your friends or the people that matter to you.
- He'll ask you various questions to get to know you better. You know it's serious when they really want to know your middle name out of nowhere.
- He's sweet to you even when the circumstances don't make sense for him to be so. He doesn't let crap or problems get in the way of liking you.
- You guys have gotten to a point where you are comfortable annoying each other. In the first stage, you may not be able to get enough of each other. But after awhile, you might know how to get under their skin, but in a good way. It means the relationship has grown.
- You'll find that you look forward to his texts throughout the day.
- He sends you pictures of his dog or cat quite frequently. He really hopes you and the pet get along.
How important is texting to romantic relationships?
When a man is in love with you he will do the best that he can to make it clear. It may be difficult to get the words out, but if you are helping him to feel comfortable, saying I love you will come out eventually. You don't need to pressure anyone to say something before they are ready to say it. A lot of times people's actions will say how they really feel before they actually speak it.
Now when someone actually says they are in love with you, that is a big milestone. Sometimes that changes the pacing and color of the relationship. Sometimes when it is said that can bring sudden momentum to the relationship. Hopefully, you've been communicating about your goals and the clarity of the relationship, so that it won't come to you by surprise or that you won't be ill prepared for it. A healthy couple can go a long time before saying they are in love.
Don't stress out about it. Every relationship has its own pacing and dynamic. You can't have the same expectations for every single person you come across. Just allow things to go their natural course, and make sure you say what you really want. Do not let yourself be pressured into anything that you don't want. Don't do things just for the sake of doing them. Really think carefully ahead of time what matters to you. No one else can really dictate that for you.
If you are unhappy in a budding relationship, you need to talk out your concerns. Also, if you know that you are disinterested and love isn't in your mindset -- you probably need to break up. Don't lead someone on and waste their time. Also, be honest when you break up so that they're not still waiting for you in the dark. Make sure that you are sufficient when it comes to closure.
You do not have to wait for the guy to first say that he is in love with you. I recommend waiting a few months into the relationship before making that proclamation. But that doesn't mean you have to wait on him to say it. If you feel ready and that his ears are ready to hear you out -- just go ahead and get it off your chest. There is no bonus points for holding off on saying this or in saying it first. Also, it's okay if you say you're in love with someone, but they're not quite ready.
Again, don't put more pressure on someone than necessary. Sometimes people have a lot to process in their minds from their past or where they are wanting to head, so don't add insult to injury. Let them know you are there, and you can wait for them. Your patience and loyalty will speak more volume than just cutting the relationship short because you feel like you're not on the same page fast enough. Some people take longer to get through the course of a relationship than others -- just like some people eat their dinner slower than others. Just because someone doesn't quite feel the same as you, doesn't mean that your feelings are any less. Keep loving regardless of whether the person is in love with you or in like with you. Don't give up on them until you actually break up. Hopefully, you just need to wait it out.