How to Be the Perfect Boyfriend: 75 Tips
Having a significant other can often be one of the greatest chapters in one's life. However, a true relationship takes serious commitment and effort from both partners. Most likely, any great boyfriend will do many of these things without even realizing it. Even so, there is no such thing as being "too perfect of a boyfriend." So perhaps you might pick up a new trick or two.
Just remember, if you really want that dream girl, your best bet is to be yourself. Always. No trick or strategy will ever be able to top that.
But hey guys listen up; there is nothing wrong with learning how to be a better boyfriend. If you are reading this article in the first place, that proves that you are caring enough to take the time to be better for her. That speaks volumes about who you are.
So here they are—75 ways to be a perfect boyfriend:
1. Make her smile.
2. Make her laugh.
3. Tell her your feelings.
4. Look her in the eyes when you are being serious with her.
5. Hold her hand in public.
6. Share your food with her.
7. Buy her cute gifts every once in a while.
8. Talk about her when you are with “the guys.”
9. Talk about her when you are with your parents.
10. Remind her of why you fell for her in the first place.
11. Act goofy.
Read More From Pairedlife
12. Yet be comfortable showing her your sensitive side.
13. Call her on the phone.
14. Text her in the morning.
15. Listen to her.
16. Be her shoulder to cry on.
17. Compliment her when she gets a new haircut.
18. Tell her she looks (beautiful, gorgeous, etc.) before going out on a date.
19. Tell her your secrets.
20. Share with her your dreams in life.
21. Encourage her to follow her dreams.
22. Make a bucket list of things to do together.
23. Kiss her on the forehead.
24. Get the car and pick her up when it’s raining outside.
25. Kiss her on the nose.
26. Be charming with her parents.
27. Make her things.
29. Remember anniversaries.
30. Watch her favorite movies.
31. Let her control the radio.
32. Get to know her friends.
33. Hang out with her AND her friends at the same time.
34. Don’t ask to see her phone.
35. Don’t invade her social networking sites.
36. Let her drive your car.
37. Give her space when she asks for it.
38. Let her wear your sweatshirts.
39. Introduce her as your girlfriend.
40. Let her mess with your hair.
41. Tickle her even when she tells you to stop.
42. Hold her hand when you are driving.
43. Stand up for her when people diss her.
44. Kiss her in front of other girls you know.
45. Don’t lie to her.
46. Don’t cheat on her.
47. Let her be with you when you are with your friends.
48. Compete with her when she says she loves you more.
49. Link fingers together when you hold her hand.
50. Stay up all night with her when she is sick.
51. Don’t make her choose everything.
52. Give her massages.
53. Have a song.
54. Walk her to the door.
55. Hold the door open for her.
56. Be spontaneous.
57. Respect her family plans.
58. Take time to get to know her family.
59. Make the first move.
60. Don’t send her one-word texts.
61. Protect her from things that might hurt her.
62. Take pictures together.
63. Don’t forget the important things she tells you.
64. Be random.
65. Don’t talk about your ex-girlfriends with her.
66. Don’t let her go when she pulls away from you.
67. Don’t gossip about her.
68. Cook for her.
69. Make her your number one.
70. Cherish her.
71. Appreciate her.
72. Value her.
73. Adore her.
74. Respect her.
75. Love her.
By no means should you assume that just because you are able to check off each and every item off this list that you are, therefore, a perfect boyfriend. No, it simply does not work that way. Each and every girl is different. Each and every girl is unique and special in her own way. Get to know her. Embrace who she is and what she is all about. Take the time to do that, and you are certainly on your way to a great start.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.