27 Signs That Your Husband Still Loves You
It is important that you know signs to watch out for, in order to be sure your husband still loves you. If things do not seem alright, then you need to do something before your marriage faces serious challenges. Below are 27 signs he still loves you.
- He seems to always be on the same wavelength with you, finishing your thoughts and sentences. He remembers what you say. He listens to you with a smile in his face; a man who is in love with his wife listens to her.
- He takes care of your needs. When he is out with his friends or a tour, and he spots something in a shop window that he thinks you need, he picks it up for you because he’s thinking about you always. If a man truly loves you, he’ll always look for little ways to make your life better, be it covering you a blanket when you’re cold, charging your cell phone even when you don’t ask him, or serving you the better piece of chicken when you’re not looking.
- You’re always a part of his big plan in life. The things that matter to you matter to him. If he is planning to go on vacation, he makes the plan with you. He speaks about his future and his dreams with you and you have a prominent place in them.
- How he behaves when you are out in public says a lot about how he feels about you. If he walks with you shoulder-to-shoulder, and holds your hand instinctively when you’re in a crowd, or places his hand on your back while crossing the street, then he is committed and proud to be with you. And he likes showing you off. If he keeps off you in the public, he is either hiding something or he is embarrassed with you around. If your husband doesn’t love you any longer, he’ll either trail several feet behind you or get out in front and lead the way.
- If he trusts you enough to share his problems and insecurities and seek your advice, it means that your opinion matters a lot to him. If he doesn’t make any important decisions about his own life without hearing your opinions and having a discussion with you, he loves you.
- He treats you with spontaneous displays of affection. He wraps his hands around you or stands closer to you when you are among friends. He kisses you in public and is proud to show you off to anyone; it’s a way of letting the world know that you’re the one he loves.
- If he allows you to answer his phone calls, it means there’s absolutely nothing he wants to keep concealed from you. Men aren’t fond of allowing their wives to answer their calls. So when your husband lets you grab his phone, he is really in love with you.
- If your husband is fond of using the word “we” instead of saying “I” or “me” while discussing and pays you compliments when you least expect it, he loves you.
- He’s very protective of you. If a man loves you, he’d definitely want to protect you and reassure you. If you’re taking a trip by yourself or even if you’re just driving out with friends, does he like receiving your call after you get to your destination? If your man can only relax knowing that you’re safe, no matter where you are, definitely he has a special spot for you in his heart.
- He’s very interested in your life. If your man loves you, he’ll always be eager to know everything about you. He wants to know what you think about and why and what makes you laugh. If you had a bad day or you’re upset about something, he wants to cheer you up, because he genuinely wants you to be happy. He asks questions because he cares about your answers, and he remembers your answers, too. He knows your favorite color and just how you like your coffee.
- He is always ready to offer a helping hand every time you ask him, even if he’s busy, without unnecessary grumbling. He believes helping you out of any tight situation is his responsibility.
- He can’t stay mad at you for any reason for more than a couple of hours. People in love can’t stay mad at each other for long; it hurts both lovers too much. Sometimes, he even swallows his pride and apologizes first even if it’s not his fault in any way. If your husband is generally forgiving, and tolerating of your faults, that is a very good sign that he still loves you.
- He keeps you informed about his life and what he’s up to even though he knows he has no obligation to do so. He keeps no secrets from you.
- He treats you with a lot of respect. He doesn’t stare at other girls when you’re around, neither does he interrupt you in the middle of a conversation.
- You are the one he wants to wake up to each day. He finds that when he is not with you, you’re the last person he speaks to or texts at night. He can’t stop thinking of you. He is consumed by thoughts of you. When you call to find out how he faring, he keeps you on the phone, telling jokes. If he loves you, he will think of you constantly. You’d be the last thing on his mind every time he wakes up or goes to sleep.
- Instead of insisting on his ways, he doesn’t mind compromising. He sacrifices his happiness to see you happy. This means he understands the spirit of give-and-take in relationships and he is ready to ensure you are happy. It could be something as small as choosing a restaurant that prepares your favorite food when you’re eating out, or going to see a movie he didn’t really want to just because you are interested in it, or missing a night out with friends because he wants to be with you.
- He makes an effort to be liked by your friends and family. If he treats you in a way that you think would make your parents and your friends happy for you and he cares about what your friends and family think of him, there is a good chance he loves you.
- He talks a lot. If a man loves you, you’ll find that he opens up really easily to you and talks a lot about everything, be it his life, his work, or even about how annoying his friends really are.
- Does he want to spend time with you or does it look like he constantly tries to find reasons to be away from you? If he loves spending his spare time with you and his physical attraction to you is undeniable, that is a very good sign the wheel of love is still very much working. It doesn’t matter to him what you two do, it is just enough to be with you. No matter how busy he is he doesn’t want to miss a romantic night with you. He loves having conversations with you. He goes out of his way to be with you. Whenever you are around, every other thing takes a back seat because you are more important. And if he has to cancel a date for any reason, he’ll do everything it takes to make it up to you on the next date.
- He stands up for you no matter what you’ve done. A man who truly loves his wife will stand by her side even if she’s on the wrong and criticize her in private, but never ever in public.
- If he has to choose between you and anything else in the world, you come up top, because he doesn’t value anything or anybody more than you. He never forgets your special days, be it your birthday or anniversaries. And he makes sure he buys you a gift to mark the occasions.
- He never wants to hurt you. He doesn’t get annoyed with you even if he’s busy and you demand his attention. He falls in love with your flaws and thinks you’re perfect just the way you are.
- At a social gathering, although he can’t help but notice a beautiful woman, he will be so attracted to you that many of them will slip by unnoticed. He never gives any girl much attention because you are his universe even if he meets a celebrity. The only woman that matters to him is you and your feelings mean much to him.
- You catch him gazing at you adoringly when he thinks you are not looking. When a man stares at you, his affection runs deep.
- If he gazes in your eyes with a sparkle in his, there is a good chance he really cares about you. Men are guarded when it comes to showing emotion.
- If he wears clothes you bought for him with pride, and cherishes gifts you give him, he loves you. Consequentially, every time your husband does don some item you bought for him, he’s showing that he is happy with you.
- If your husband has interest in physical intimacy with you, he loves you. A man having affair easily loses interest in intimacy with his wife, because he has gotten his satisfaction somewhere else. Make sure to look at his body language.
These signs are not everything. You may wish to add yours in the comments. Marriage is not supposed to be experiment or a trial run so handle it with the seriousness it deserves. Marriage should be a once-and-for-all union.