10 Ways to Make Your Husband Happy
A man is generally the heart of the family. He provides physically, mentally, and financially, so here are a few tips at making your husband happy:
1. Don't Nag. Men often let nagging go in one ear and out the other. If you want your husband to listen to the important things that you have to say, do not constantly critique him over little things.
2. Pick Your Battles. Even though your husband may not be the cleanest guy in the world, if he goes out and does extraneous labor so that you can put food on the table, you can do your part in picking up after him. So next time, instead of yelling and getting everyone in a bad mood because your husband left his dirty drawers on the floor, pick them up and put them in the hamper. (Tip: Try placing a clothes basket with his name on it so that he knows where to put his clothes. This will also help you by keeping his muddy clothes separated from the other laundry.)
3. Cook Dinner. Of coarse, every man's dream is to have a wife just like his mom. Believe it or not, men think of their spouse as their security. Cooking dinner at night as opposed to getting take out will bring back that homey feeling, plus it saves money.
4. Run His Bathwater. Let your man know that you appreciate everything he does by doing small gestures like turning on the water when he gets home for a bath.
5. Leave all Distractions out of the Bedroom. The bedroom is strictly for you and your spouse to spend time together after a long day. Leave all distractions including the television, phones, argumentative conversations, and yes, even your kids out of the bedroom.
6. Get Him Ready for the Next Day. This may sound crazy, but laying your spouse's clothes out for him and packing his lunch the night before will actually help to avoid stress the next day. Arguing in the morning can ruin any one's day, so help organize your spouse as you would your child.
7. Let Him be a Man. Suggest or make arrangements for him and a group of guy friends to hang out. This will make it easier for him to feel less tied down with the married man role.
8. Boost His Self Esteem. Make positive comments on his appearance, and if you would like for him to change something in his appearance, suggest the change with a phrase like "We should..." or "You should try...", but yet again, do not nag the change; leave it up to him, after all it is his appearance.
9. Speak Positively About Your Spouse. As hard as it may be, leave your problems at the house. Do not tell your friends and family bad things about your husband; this will give room for them to tell you how to deal with your relationship and in the end leave them with negative thoughts about your husband. (Warning: If you are in an abusive relationship get help immediately from local authorities or a counselor.)
10. Never Down His Family. Even though you or your husband may not approve of the way his mother does certain things, do not bad mouth her. Your husband will lose respect for you if you talk about his relatives, so simply make suggestions on how to "make things better".
With these 10 tips, you will be on your way to a more stress free, happy relationship in no time at all.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.