What Does It Mean When a Guy Kisses Your Forehead?
So he kissed your forehead and now you're confused. Maybe it was after making out. Maybe it was while you were hugging. Maybe it was before he's ever kissed you on the lips.
No matter what, I'm here for you. I've got plenty of experience with guys kissing my forehead in all kinds of situations. OK, so not *that* many guys and not *that* many situations, but enough (hopefully) to help you out.
Let's get to it.
What Does It Mean When a Guy Kisses Your Forehead
Basicalllllly, a kiss on the forehead is a sign of affection and tenderness that's not overtly sexual. It's kind of like a kiss on the cheek. The main difference is that it's on your forehead.
Does that seem too simple? Well, maybe it is that simple. You don't have to make everything so complicated!
Why It Might Happen
- A guy might kiss you on the forehead because he's taller than you, so if you're standing next to him and he wants to kiss you, your forehead is just this nice little platform that he can plant one on. How cute!
- It can also feel like a slightly protective gesture, meaning that he's there for you and has your back. It's a nice feeling.
- Or if you're in bed, and you are doing some cuddly-wuddlies, and your head is near his lips, then he might just mosey on over there and kiss you on the forehead to show you that he cares.
- Forehead kisses mean a guy cares about you. When my boyfriend kisses me on the forehead (he's taller than me), it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
- If a guy who is not your boyfriend who has not kissed you on the lips kisses you on the forehead, it could mean that he's not interested in you romantically, or that he is but he's waiting for the right moment to kiss you on the lips.
Here are some times when it might happen:
After Making Out
A kiss on the forehead after making out is a sign of tenderness and affection. He likes you more than just for sexy-times.
Like I mentioned above, if your boyfriend is taller than you (like mine is) it might be convenient for him to just give you a quick kiss on the forehead while you're hugging since it's practically like your forehead is going up to his lips and knocking at the door and saying, "Hello, please kiss me."
Kisses on other non-lip parts of the face are part and parcel of the cuddling procedure. They are simply sweet signs that he cares about you. Sometimes affection comes out in words but sometimes it comes out in kisses.
While You're Sleeping
How do you know that he's kissing you if you're asleep! Are you pretending to sleep? I guess it's none of my business really but anywho . .
Kisses on the forehead in the night show that he cares. They're usually not creepy, though if he's trying to do anything else with you while you're asleep, that's bad news bears. He might not be someone you want in bed with you at night.
“The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.”— Marilyn Monroe
If He Only Kisses You on the Forehead or Has Only Kissed You on the Forehead
Most of the above situations are for people in kissy situations where other kinds of kisses are happening regularly. If this is not the case for you, and you and he have only exchanged a single forehead kiss, then it could mean:
- He's not romantically interested in you.
- He is romantically interested in you but wasn't sure if he could go for a kiss on the lips.
My advice: wait and see. If he texts or calls or asks to hang out with you again and go on another date, then changes are he'll go for kiss on the lips at that time. If not, then, go find yourself a man who will!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.