I love giving advice on how to build romantic relationships.
Whether you are a boy or a girl, it's always a bit of a challenge to kiss someone for the first time, especially if it's your first time kissing anyone! This article will show you how to kiss and help you feel less scared about doing it for the first time.
You might be in one of the following situations:
- There's someone you really like and you're going to kiss soon. Maybe you've talked about it, you're planning something special, or you just feel like it could happen.
- There's someone you like and you hope to kiss them one day.
- You're just curious how it will work when the time comes.
Steps to the First Kiss
Kissing isn't as hard as it seems. Most people think they don't know how, but it happens they're really good at it!
Before: OMG Are We Going to Kiss!?
- Make sure you and your breath smell good. Shower and wear deodorant. Brush your teeth and tongue. Floss. Don't eat stinky foods (avoid spicy food, onions, and garlic). Try smelling your breath.
- Drink water to keep your mouth moist and fresh. Feel free to pop in a mint or a piece of gum and then spit it out beforehand, but keep it discreet, or offer it to the other person too.
- Prep your lips. Kissable lips are smooth, not dry, and not coated with sticky lip gloss or tons of lipstick. If your lips are chapped, you can rub them with sugar to get some of the dry skin off.
- Think about where you might like to kiss. It should be private and somewhere or sometime where you won't have many distractions or be worried about other people. You'll want to keep as much focus on the other person as possible.
- Flirting by tickling, teasing, poking, or finding ways to touch their hand or arm can help show that you want to kiss. If you're sitting next to each other, move so your knees, legs, or arms are touching. Touch their arms or shoulders, or put a gentle hand on their thigh.
- Read the other person's body language. If they're touching you back, looking into your eyes, and smiling, then they probably want to kiss you too. If they're biting their lips or staring at yours, that's also a good sign they want to kiss.
- If you're ready to kiss, look deep into the other person's eyes. Focus on them. You might get a feeling in your stomach like, whoah we've been looking at each other for a while. This is the perfect time to kiss.
- If you're very shy, it's okay to ask if you can kiss someone. If they like you, they'll say yes. If not, they won't. If they like you but they're not ready, hopefully, they'll say so.
- If someone asks you if you want to kiss, just respond truthfully.
- If you're staring into each others' eyes wondering why you're not kissing yet, you could say something like, "Shouldn't we be kissing now?" or "Don't you want to kiss me?"
Just Before and During: You're Kissing!
- Move your face closer to theirs. You don't want to have to lunge for a kiss. If you're standing, stand close to them, so your toes are almost touching. If you're sitting, turn a little to face them and move your face closer to theirs or put your arm around them. If you're hugging, you could put your forehead on their forehead. Now your lips are even closer.
- When you're going in for the kiss, don't go all the way. Move about 90% and then let them come the rest of the way. That way you know they want to kiss you too.
- If they're stiffening or pulling away, it's time to stop. It takes two to kiss, and if the other person isn't on board, then there's no kiss. Move back to flirting and maybe a kiss will happen later on.
- As you move your face towards theirs, tilt your head slightly to the right so you avoid knocking noses. If you do knock noses, though, just laugh it off and keep going for the kiss.
- Part your lips slightly, as if you were breathing through your mouth (but don't breathe through your mouth).
- If someone is moving in to kiss you, all you need to do is relax, tilt your head slightly to the right, keep your lips soft and slightly parted, close your eyes, and then meet their lips with yours.
- Aim for one lip (usually the lower one)—it feels better than both lips pressing each other.
- When you get there, close your eyes and gently brush their lips with yours and linger for a little bit. This is not the time to try to imitate the most passionate kiss you've seen from the movies. When in doubt, go even more gentle and short. Keep it simple. The first kiss shouldn't last longer than four or five seconds.
- Breathe through your nose.
- While kissing, you can hold their hand, put your hands around their waist in a slow dance position, gently cup or stroke their face, play with their hair, or put your hands around their neck. Other locations (you know where I'm talking about) can wait to be touched.
- If someone is kissing you harder than you'd like or with tongue when you don't want any, you should feel free to pull away and say, "I like it when you kiss me gently, like this."
After: We Just Kissed!
- Afterwards, pull away and look into their eyes. You don't have to say anything right away. Smile or play with their hair. Maybe go in for another simple kiss, just like the previous one.
- If you do want to say something it could be something simple like, "I've been wanting to do that for a while," "You're great," "You're so beautiful/handsome/cute/pretty" or even just, "I like you."
- A hug is a great way to part ways, maybe with another gentle kiss, a kiss on the cheek, or saying when you'll see them or contact them next, something like "I'll see you tomorrow, right?" or "Want to hang out this weekend?"
- If the kiss was awkward, that's okay. It's rare you'll be great at something the first time you try it. If you really like each other, there's no reason you won't kiss many more times and get lots better at it.
- Be careful about who you tell about kissing. Make sure you're on the same page with the other person with how public you want to be. It's no fun to show up at school and find out that everyone knows. Be respectful of everyone's feelings.
- Also, remember that the first kiss is not about making out. It's about letting the other person know that you like them. Maybe in the future, you can go a little further with longer kisses or even french kissing.
Important Things to Remember for Your First Kiss
- No matter how old you are, there are other people your age who have never kissed anyone before. It has nothing to do with looks. So don't feel like this is a now-or-never situation. You're going to have plenty more opportunities to kiss in your life.
- First kisses are almost always awkward. Laughter and a good sense of humor will help make it a great experience for everyone. Remember the first time you tried to play a sport or an instrument? Kissing is a skill just like those things. You're not going to do it perfectly the first time.
- If you're kissing someone who is more experienced than you, don't be embarrassed that you haven't kissed anyone before. It doesn't mean that something is wrong with you. Everyone starts out where you are. Remember that they're excited to kiss you too!
- You should only kiss someone because you want to. Don't do it if you feel like you need to kiss someone or it's never going to happen, because someone really wants to kiss you, or because you think you should want to kiss someone.
- If you're in a situation where you feel pressure to do anything you don't want to, that's a sign that it isn't right. You can tell the other person that it just doesn't feel right, and they should be understanding. If they're not, then that's an even bigger sign that they're not right for you.
- Remember to breathe. Often when we're nervous, we kind of hold our breath. Taking a few deep breaths will help you relax and enjoy.
- Your first kiss does not determine your kissing future. If it's bad, that's okay. You'll get better with practice. If you get rejected, that's okay too. You'll find someone who wants to kiss you.
- Sometimes first kisses are special, and sometimes they're not. Don't feel like this has to be the best moment ever.
General Kissing Advice
- A first kiss should always be spontaneous, soft, slow, and not messy at all!
- If your partner kisses you first, you might open your lips a little, but no french kissing. It would ruin the first kiss and be sloppy. The idea is to press your lips up against your partner's but not too much. Make sure your position is comfortable too, so you're not in pain while kissing.
- Another good way to kiss your partner is to start by kissing him or her softly on the cheek—then when he or she looks at you, you can kiss him or her softly on the lips.
- Remember, a first kiss might go most smoothly while you two are alone. Things might not be so good when friends—or jealous exes—are watching.
- Make sure the person you want to kiss wants to kiss you back. This is the most important thing.
- Talking about a first kiss before it happens can be sweet but is also dangerous. It may cause you or your special someone to worry, and in the end, it may come out way too rehearsed—it's more romantic to be spontaneous.
- Just remember, if the person likes you, they'll understand starting out slowly is better.
Read More From Pairedlife
What If Someone Wants to Kiss You But You Don't Want to Kiss Them
You might not want to kiss someone because you don't like them, or because you don't feel ready.
- If you don't like them and don't want to kiss them, tell them "No, thank you" or "This doesn't feel right" or "I don't want to do this."
- If you like them but don't feel ready, tell them that. Say, "I really like you but I'm not ready to kiss yet. I know you'll be understanding and it will be so much better when I feel ready."
What If You Want to Kiss Someone but They Don't Want to Kiss You
They might not want to kiss you because either they don't feel attracted to you, or they're nervous.
- If they don't feel attracted to you, there's not much you can do. Respect their wishes and know that there are many people who will find you very attractive. As a precaution, check to make sure you smell good, that your breath is good, and that your lips are kissable. Some of these might be causing a little hesitation on their part. If they're still not attracted, then move on.
- If they're nervous but say that they like you, respect that they're not ready. You might tell them that you'd like to kiss them but that you'll wait until they're ready. This will give them the space they need and will help make your first kiss even better.
- Never try to kiss someone who tells you that they don't want you to. You should only kiss someone who really wants to kiss you back.
What If You Kiss Someone and It's Bad
No one does anything perfectly the first time. Tons of things can go wrong in your first kiss. It's best to have a sense of humor about it and laugh it off. It's not the end of the world, and you're not doomed to a lifetime of bad kissing.
- Maybe they weren't ready, or you weren't ready so it just felt weird.
- Maybe you were so nervous you couldn't focus on them or the kiss.
- Maybe someone's breath or body stank.
- Maybe you knocked teeth, or there was a ton of tongue and it was really sloppy.
All of these will probably happen to you at some point, and most of them can be solved with practice and hygiene.
It's important to remember that kissing is about the other person. Imagine how what you're doing might feel on their body. Tell your kissing partner what you like and they'll reciprocate—communication is the best way to make sure everyone is having fun.
Kissing Tricks and Tips
- It helps if you know the person you're kissing well.
- Try to seem confident, but if you can't, it's fine to look shy or nervous. (Most likely he or she will find it cute!)
- Don't talk about kissing too much around your special someone—they might think you are trying to force it on them.
- On a first kiss, it's ok to slightly suck your partner's upper or lower lip. (For both guys and girls.)
- Even if you're not Frenching, you can use your tongue a little. The keyword here is "a little!" Less is more.
Have Fun With It! And . . . .
Keep It Private
This goes for the setting! A first kiss is a private affair, and it should happen in a private setting. Don't waste this special moment in front of an audience. Instead, find someplace secluded and quiet so that you both can concentrate on each other. While you are concentrating, remember that no loud theatrics are needed, so keep yourself quiet and controlled as well.
Keep It Short and Sweet
A first kiss should always feel like a preview of more kisses to come. Don't let a first kiss last for hours, and don't attempt to pack all of your feelings into one long-lasting kiss. Instead, keep it short and sweet, and your partner will be dying for more.
Keep It Comfortable
In films, it may seem like a first kiss always follows a monumental announcement of love and a long period of staring into each other's eyes. In real life, the same behavior would be totally embarrassing. If you suspect a first kiss is looming, keep it comfortable and don't allow any grand gestures to get in the way.
Keep It Clean
No, this doesn't mean French kissing is barred. It means that you should both have clean teeth, breath, and lips for a great first kiss. Brush your teeth before your date, and chew a breath mint or flavoured gum after you eat. Apply lip balm, and you should be all set. Just don't continue to chew on mints or gum longer than necessary because you certainly don't want any obstacles in your mouth during your first kiss.
Keep It Choreographed
When couples have been together for a while, their kissing becomes choreographed. Heads both tilt right, eyes closed, lips open, and the kiss is successful. For a first kiss, these variables are all up in the air, and it can be hard to figure out what you should be doing when.
Take your cue from whichever partner initiates the kiss. If you are going in for the kill, tilt your head to one side. If you realise your partner is starting things off, note which way his or her head is tilting, and tilt your head the opposite direction. Close your eyes during every first kiss, and decide in advance whether you are willing to open your mouth or not. Then stop thinking and enjoy it!
First kisses are exciting. Whether it is your first kiss ever or your first kiss with a new partner, there are bound to be butterflies in your stomach and fireworks in your head. Keeping your first kiss short and sweet will make your partner beg for more, and if you play your cards right, that is exactly what you both will get.
Enjoy your first kiss. You only get one, and even if it was bad, it doesn't matter because it was with someone special.
p★7 on August 27, 2020:
I'm 16 and have a crush on this guy he's 17...I'd really like to kiss him but I'm a bit shy help!!!
... on August 21, 2020:
My best friends ex is my crush...he likes me too. He accidentally told me he wants to kiss me today, but I dont now how to. I'm only 13, but we are both very mature. I have never ever kissed anyone before and I am so nervous, but I can't wait. Thanks for this, it really helped
Girl on August 20, 2020:
I am 18 years and never kissed before. I am so shy , i wanna learn how to kiss but i am scared , what if something goes wrong
ohno on August 13, 2020:
r these comments fr lmaoooooo
Phila de phila babra et Sarah phina on August 07, 2020:
Muhammad saleh on August 04, 2020:
Haze 19 on August 01, 2020:
Umm, well I have a secret crush on someone but he doesn't know that I love him and I don't know how to tell him that I love him !! Pls help. I don't even know whether he knows me at all !!!!! But I could really use some help
Elena on July 29, 2020:
Im usually very shy when im near boys.. But there is this one guy im crushing on Soo badly.. WHAT DO I DOOOOOOO!!!!
Pritom on May 27, 2020:
Guys bless me today my gf asked me "If I kiss you tomorrow will you dislike me ever after ?" Can anyone suggest me what should I tell her! Our relationship is really the purest one. But I am seriously nervous about that? Because tomorrow it's my birthday and first kiss while she is my first and last. In a word she is my 'Life line'
Cathie on May 22, 2020:
w8uq9 on May 13, 2020:
omg I will love to kiss my girlfriend
Kylie Markey on May 01, 2020:
I don’t think that will work actually
Ali on April 14, 2020:
I want to tell someone that I love her $ I want to kiss her wat shud i do munyambe nfaaaaaa
Girl on April 08, 2020:
"Don't talk about kissing too much around your special someone" too late boo boo... too late haha *worries more*
Boy on April 02, 2020:
Why am i like the only male looking at this
Rosa on March 19, 2020:
I wanted make my boyfriend kiss me. How do I do that?
Angel on March 19, 2020:
I'm dating someone who hasn't kissed me yet but I want him to kiss me and I don't r what to do
Jordyn on March 15, 2020:
Online, I have this guy I’m dating but mom won’t let me date him. What do I do?
Anon on March 07, 2020:
Me and this boy have been going out for a while and we’re gonna go to this forest for both our first kisses. I’m really scared I’m going to be a bad, sloppy kisser. Is there any way to avoid that?
Rose on March 05, 2020:
I have been dating a guy who is a little bit older than me for a few months. I love him and I want to have our first kiss together, but the thing is, it would be my first kiss ever, but it wouldn't be his. I am scared that I won't be good enough. I am 14 and he is almost 16. What should I do? I really want to do good, but I am nervous that I'll mess up and he won't want me after it. I know it's an unreasonable thing, but I really care a lot for him and I want to be perfect. Does anyone have any advice?
gae on January 25, 2020:
I want to kiss my gf but i dont know if we are ready. I mean, i would like too but i dunno. I'm 14 and shes 14 too. Are we too young? What if I screw it up... I aghhhh. I am really angry cause i dont know what to do. :(
Singleton on January 24, 2020:
I have liked this boy for a while now and i think he likes me back... we go to he same school but know each other from elsewhere. I really like him and kinda want to kiss him. This would be my first kiss. HELP!
Josh on January 23, 2020:
Im 14 and i really love my gf and we have been talking about kissing but am so nervous and she will chicken out on kissing and i dont know how to kiss her we have been together for 9 months now
Allie on January 18, 2020:
My first kiss is this Saturday and I am freaking out but I can’t wait bc he is just a sweet loving bf
BiGBOI on January 16, 2020:
ITS A GRUG MOMENT
Hi on January 13, 2020:
First kiss on saturday I’m nervous
Anonymous on January 11, 2020:
It’s funny, I came on here because I was anxious but I ruined my initial chance by, quite literally, bending backwards, so if anyone is scrolling through the comments, I hope that made you laugh :)
coolgay on January 10, 2020:
i juste kissed my boyfrien today, and we like that very much. if u want me, my price is 200$ an hour
WHaleman on January 10, 2020:
This helped me a lot thanks ?
Lesbian12 on December 30, 2019:
AaaH! Me and my girlfriend have been together for almost six months! SiX! I previously was in a toxic relationship, and I was in a toxic relationship before, so I kept myself from falling in love with her. We broke up a little ago, for about a month? But we got back together and here we are! Ive finally let my gaurd down, and i love her so much. I asked her if she wanted to kiss, and she said yes :)) needless to say, we are going to kiss next sunday at the skating rink in the bathroom. We got nervous last time so decided on this weekend. I am going to read this over and lver to memorize it, so ill be all good! Wishmy luck, guys and gals
Innocentia on December 29, 2019:
It will be my first kiss on tuesday n i need someone who might help me to kiss (teach mew how to kiss someone)please I need help
Anonymous on December 28, 2019:
I just had my first kiss today (15) with my partner who is much more experienced than me (she's 16). It lasted for a while, around 10-15 seconds but I froze for a while at the start. This helped me out a fair amount but I know I'll only really learn with practice.
Violet on December 23, 2019:
Hi, I’m 14 years old and I have never kissed anyone before. I’m also really single. My best-friend knows this and has offered to help me. He is quite experienced and done this a few times. Little does he know, I’ve secretly fallen for him. I really want to kiss him, but I’m scared if it’s awkward, we’ll loose our friendship. What should I do?
katie on December 20, 2019:
have liked this boy since I was 12 but now im 13 and we just started linking I wanted to kiss him butt I don't want people to think I am weird for kissing him instead ahhhhhhhhh HELP
Boomer._. on December 19, 2019:
So on Saturday I’m planing to kiss a very special person that I’ve been with for about 4 months and there’s gonna be a few people around( out in parking lot in front of retail buildings) soo yeah, we’re both 14 and we’ve never been anyone before so yeah
big on December 19, 2019:
yo thats crazy bc my first kiss tomorow
Pearl on December 19, 2019:
AHHHHH IM SUPPOSED TO HAVE MY FIRST KISS TOMOROW BECAUSE I PROMISED MYSELF AND I AM FREAKING OUT BECAUSE I REALLY LOVE THEM :((((
Ema on December 18, 2019:
Hi a I am Ema and I am 8 years old
I like Nicolas his the cutest guy in my school
And I always try to talk to him but I can’t
Kid on December 18, 2019:
I have a gf I rlly like her and I hardly get to see her but when we do see each other I make the most of it but what would be better then if we had our first kiss so I’m going to try this on her and hope it works
francis on December 12, 2019:
Hi, an 14 my girlfriend asked me for a kiss and I have nothing to do than give it to her. Hope it is going to work. The only hindering thing is shyness but I hope I will gain courage by that day
loriana on December 11, 2019:
I'm 12 and I want to kiss my boyfriend but We are a year apart so I only see him on the bus we both have never kissed so where would the right spot be? we have been together for a week to soon or not?
Ben on December 09, 2019:
Hi am 15 I have a crush she like me and a like her so I think we will kiss at school so guys good look bye
Jessica on December 08, 2019:
Hi, I’m 13, and me and my boyfriend have been together for about 2 months. He has kissed 3 girls already, and I have never kissed anyone before. He told me he wants to kiss me, and that he’s going to. I really do want to kiss him. However, I’m nervous that I’ll do something wrong...(Like bite him) this article really did help me though, so thank you!
Anonymous on December 07, 2019:
I’m 11 and just had something weird happen. My crush gave me this really awkward hug and it lasted for a longer time than I thought. His head got close to mine but I had to go to my next class. Idk if he wants to kiss me or what. But I also don’t know when he might, how he might, and where he might. I’m just scared I’m not going to be ready.
Princess of Antwerp on December 07, 2019:
Hi, I am 12 and I have had a bf for now 2 months, he keeps on talking about kissing, and I’m gonna do a Christmas present, his first kiss...btw he’s also 12...we are in the same class, he’s nice but ugly, but don’t forget, kindness is the most important thing ever.
jojo on December 06, 2019:
in 14 and me and my bf have been together for 3 months and we have both told each other we want to kiss but havnt and i really want to
Tinashe on December 05, 2019:
I have never kiss before but am looing forward formy crush
Sanoya on December 04, 2019:
I am 14 and I've never had my first kissed.I have always be disgusted with kissing,I can even stand the sight of seeing my friends kiss,but this information really helped me to be relaxed and I hope it works when it's my turn.THANKYOU
Russell alex husmi on November 25, 2019:
I want to all the time kiss
Uriel on November 23, 2019:
I had my first kiss on Friday I am only 11 and I am getting some information for the next time
Simone on November 16, 2019:
I have not had my first kiss yet and I’m 15 an I’m a little scared by this has helped me so much thx
Shy teen on November 14, 2019:
Ok so me and this guy really want to kiss soon and we both of course had to search it up im glad i actually came to this first i mean i know there are other websites i could have checked out but im glad i came to this first and actually looked it up instead of having a messy first kiss
girls love girls on November 13, 2019:
this helped me alot i love my girl friend and she loves me as her girlfriend but she is scared to kiss me
chris on November 02, 2019:
i think I i am 6 and a 7/13 and I thought I kiss but I think sacred and I dont do help help help
anonymous on October 15, 2019:
OK....so uhm i wanted to kiss girl
and it was a tiny peck.. i want more...but i get nervous and i get scared
Tyler Hunley on October 12, 2019:
this website doesn't give enough information
Janessa on October 11, 2019:
There is this boy I really like and we go camping with our families. One night I heard he tried to hold my hand because all of the adults saw and we are kind of friends but I still wonder if he likes me and I wonder if he will ever kiss me.(by the way i'm 11and he is 13)
Anonymous on September 19, 2019:
quote yoda: age matters not
Abigail Gracelynn Kelly on September 16, 2019:
Cassie,I think there's nothing wrong with your age gap.I'm 10 too,I will be 11 in November.My parents are 8 years apart.My Sunday school teacher and her husband are almost 20 years apart.My crush and I are three years apart.My pastor's wife just died.She was 80,almost 81,and her husband was 61.Talia Thompson,you need to learn your manners.How far apart are your parents?The Internet will be the end of this world,with all the nasty comments people post.If 2 people like/love each other,there is nothing wrong with that.Age should be thrown and locked out the door.Anyone agree with me?Mama does,and so does Mrs.Lynette [My Sunday school teacher.]Almost everyone should agree with me.If not,just say you do,and tell Talia that.
Abigail Kelly on September 16, 2019:
Cassie,I think there's nothing wrong with your age gap.I'm 10 too,I will be 11 in November.My parents are 8 years apart.My Sunday school teacher and her husband are almost 20 years apart.My pastor's wife just died.She was 80,almost 81,and her husband was 61.Talia Thompson,you need to learn your manners.How far apart are your parents?The Internet will be the end of this world,with all the nasty comments people post.If 2 people like/love each other,there is nothing wrong with that.Age should be thrown and locked out the door.
Rose-Kindall Taylor Tamberly on September 16, 2019:
This is really stupid advice.Obviously whoever wrote this has never kissed anyone.I made another comment,below,about what I think about this site.I followed another site to have that kiss with that cute guy,and it was perfect.Everybody search "How to kiss"and get on what says "Kissing."then go to "How to kiss passionately:13 steps with pictures on wikiHow.Belive me,you're better off!I followed this advice and got a wet,sloppy,nasty first kiss,but it may have been him.
Rose-Kindall Taylor Tamberley on September 13, 2019:
OMG,I had a cute kiss with this gorgeous guy...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................FART.
Amanda on September 06, 2019:
This is very useful for me. Ive been talking to this guy and he seems to want to kiss me, and I wanna kiss him too! I’m definitely going to keep these things in mind while kissing him. (Also it’s going to be my first ever kiss ^\\\\^) keep up the good work and wish me luck!
Ariel on September 03, 2019:
Hi im ariel and im 14 and the guy i wanna kiss is 17 but we go to the same high school and were neighbors. So he asked.me.out today bcs we were sitting on my tempoline but i was really sweaty and gross. So he wanted to kiss i knew bcs i had to kind of stop him as he was looking at me but im trying to be ready for in the morning bcs were gonna be alone at the busstop and its gonna be kind of dark. But im really nervous bcs.i have never kissed anyone before and he says he hasnt but i think he was saying that to make me.more comfortable. And i didnt know what to do or how to kiss and i read this which put.me at ease some but.im still nervous bcs what if he is my first kiss but i find out im a terrible.kisser or he is? So many questions in so little time. I want to kiss him but im really nervous and idk if my breath smells nice or something all these little things make me.nervius but thx for the advice it really helped.i guess the rest is up to me
Nervous on September 01, 2019:
Ok so me and this boy have been talking for like 2 days and we really like each other and thinking ab dating and I haven’t had my first kiss yet and he knows that and he said that he’s gonna give that to me one day. Answer I’ve been freaking out since that and idk how to kiss
Shady on August 30, 2019:
So I met this guy at where my mom plays volleyball and he is very very hot and he is 27 and I’m only 16 but I’ve never kissed anyone before and he got my Snapchat and asked me if I wanted to kiss him and he said we can meet and kiss and I told him I’ve never kissed before and he didn’t care and reading this helped me get over my fear of kissing
anonymous on August 23, 2019:
hi. today my friend and i are having a sleepover and i have a boyfriend. she kept saying “you need to learn how to kiss! you need to learn! and i didn’t know what to do because i didn’t want to kiss her. obviously she said to practice on her but one i was embarrassed and two i didn’t want to kinda cheat on my boyfriend in a way. then she was finding all these excuses to kiss me like dirty truth or dare and in the end i gave in and snogged her. but now i feel absolutely terrible, but i don’t know if i want to be bisexual.
... on August 21, 2019:
I just must say, emo fren (sorry if I spelled it wrong) thanks for the info, and I just wanna say that when u said that u were drunk on juice boxes it made me laugh soooo hard
DJ on August 20, 2019:
So I am confused, these people are confusing about keeping your mouth clean but say not to keep it "to clean", which means what? I can't have to many mints or sticks of gum..? So what, my boyfriend likes mint, and we are planning to be kissing but he always tells me when we are kissing:"Your mouth tastes good.." and that is cause I have more than just a mint or two. Yes, this advice helped, but confused me. It is also confusing how we can't have tongue on the first kiss.Of course, it will be messy at first, but if you try, you might get to know how it feels and get better at it with practice. Me and him have only been dating for a few months (three or so) and he hopes and plans on kissing me in a few days, which is agree-able (we both agree on doing it privately) I take this advice helpful but confusing a little. Thank you for your help and advice :)
some guy named Ryan on August 20, 2019:
Gee, thx for the advice.
talia thompson on August 19, 2019:
cassie, your age gap is horrendous. date someone your own age.
talia thompson on August 19, 2019:
null, you're way too young.
Null on August 18, 2019:
Tomorrow i might have my first kiss, i’m so nervous. I’m 12 he’s 13, btw i’m a guy and no we aren’t dating (yet!)
Anonymous on August 15, 2019:
Hey thanks for the advice, I've been dating someone for a while now but we haven't kissed and this article made me more confident to try. Idk if we will but maybe so yeah thanks :)
captain ax on August 11, 2019:
my first kiss was waw should i have a french kiss for the second???
Angel nancy on August 10, 2019:
LittleBigBoy on July 22, 2019:
So my girlfriend and I have only been going out for about 5 days now but we’ve only been texting because we go to different schools and our scheduals don’t line up well. We’ve had a mini conversation about kissing about all that but I want see her for at least 4 weeks! I really want to kiss her and she wants to kiss me, but it seems like we won’t ever see each other again!
None on July 18, 2019:
I really like this boy and he flirts with me but I want to kiss him and I’m scared I’m in middle school so this would be my first kiss ever.
John on July 15, 2019:
How stupid. The question shouldn't be "how" to kiss someone, it should be "why". Kissing is wet, sloppy and gross. It also makes girls think you like them, and then they'll never leave you alone. Instead of kissing them, tell them to leave you alone and don't ever talk to them again. You'll be better off in the long run.
Cassie on June 28, 2019:
Hi I have a boyfriend his names is Jayden I am 10 years old I am 11 in August Jayden is 13 14 next year I have never had my first kiss
Aleku on June 23, 2019:
There's a boy in my school. He has blue eyes and a perfect smile. I want to kiss him. I bet he's had a lot of girlfriends in the past since he is gorgeous. I'm already practicing how to kiss him.
Miranda on June 20, 2019:
So theres thos guy and hes so hot and cute and im not gonna see him for two months so i want to kiss him before we leave and this really helped
Bella on June 19, 2019:
I have known a guy in a week now and i really fella a connection beetween us. Im 13 and he is 15. We live in the same hose and slept in the same bed the first night. We are going on a trip with the family.(we are not related). We are always laughing together and i really love him.
APPH on June 08, 2019:
I just got o boyfriend like 24 hours ago and with in the first minute he was soo sweet he was like soo are you ok with everything like holding hands and hugging and I was like yeah and then he brang up kissing and I had to tell him I’m 14 and I’ve never kissed anyone and he has because we have been friends for a few months now and he’s 16 and a year and a half older then me and he has had girlfriends before I’ve seen we catch the bus together and is ex use to catch to bus and I saw them kiss all the time and so after I told him he said ok well have you ever been kissed on the cheek like a peek or something and I said no. He was soo cute about it and so ok well take it slow. But on the bus he held me hand and it was cute but our hands started to he sweaty and I didn’t know what to do then he did this weird chicking thing with his hand I pulled away and wiped my hand and I don’t know if that was ok or not but he did the same soo I guess soo. Anyway this article has help because now I’m prepaired.
A person on June 01, 2019:
Ah geez im still too nervous to try kissing my friend cause idk if she wants to, but this has helped a little i guess...
So Nervous on May 31, 2019:
omg im so nervous me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 months and he brought up kissing and im scared that i wont do it right
Anonymous on May 25, 2019:
I have a boyfriend and for our first kiss we waited after school until the hallway was empty then kissed, twice. It wasn't the type of kiss you see in the movies and took days before we actually did it because we wanted privacy. I used this article to help me but it wasn't like I could tell him not to use tongue so I was just hoping he didn't try to. He didn't use tongue and while our kiss wasn't the type you read about it was definitely enjoyable and practice makes perfect.
Anymous on May 18, 2019:
He said he was gonna kiss me on the bus idk how to kiss I’m super nervous! This is my first and I’m soooo scared ahh!
Emo Fren on May 17, 2019:
For all of you 14+ girls and guys who haven't kissed anyone:
1. Don't expect a magical Disney Channel kiss. You're not on Teen Nick and this isn't going to be an under the stars, romantic moment.
Honestly, mine was in fourth grade with my crush at her birthday party. First it was a dare and then we kissed again in her closet by choice, it was cute for a few kids but we were clueless. (I'm lesbian, so is she) We're still together but not because of the kiss, your first kiss doesn't make or break a relationship; honesty, trust, love, and in general, depending on each other.
2. Don't be nervous if you're less experienced or not experienced at all. They won't give a crap if they actually like you. She'd already had her first kiss before me and that was my first. We were fine and laughed it off, followed by borrowing a bathing suit and getting in the hot tub and getting drunk on juice boxes. It was chill.
3. If you're anxious it'll make it awkward. You'll be stiff, red, breathing more intensely and probably a little sweaty. Just relax.
Good luck, friend.
Anonymous hehe on May 17, 2019:
I’ve had a boyfriend for 2 months now and we’ve been constantly pressured to kiss each other. He wants to kiss me and I want to kiss him to but we are both so nervous and he doesn’t want to ‘push it’ we’re goung out this weekend hopefully that’s my opportunity
anonymous girl on May 14, 2019:
I have never ever kissed before. And im 16 years old. I never really think about it mostly but i realised everyone of my age has gone like all the way... And im here like; u i never kissed before haha...
That's why i looked up ''i never kissed anyone before'' or something like that. and i found this article thank you tho, now im prepared for my first kiss that is in the future waiting for me just sitting there..waiting..
To be honest i really want to kiss my crush but he's lowkey out of my league. so.... im just going to wait for the right person...
I imagine my first kiss like something magical tbh. Really romantic + sweet... *dreams away* hahahaha
k bye x
anonymous girl -
someone on May 12, 2019:
my boyfriend told me today he will kiss me tomorrow. So i will have my first kiss ever! and i dont know if he has ever kissed someone or not. This kind of helped. The thing is i have school tomorrow and after school he has football, so we have to kiss during school then, and i am worried that people i know will see us. Please help me!! and i dont know how to kiss!!!
Kim on May 06, 2019:
No hate please. I like a girl... my best friend. And she said she liked me, and at the time I was super confused with whether I like girls. But, now I do, and I like her. And I'm still unsure if she likes me anymore, but it can't hurt to try.
Vlemon on April 25, 2019:
Omg I love how there are no boys commenting or at least that have even read this
ANJANA on April 09, 2019:
I LOVE Y BOYFRIEND SO MUCH.FOR THE FIRST TIME I KISS HIM FOR A LONG TIME.
?? on April 06, 2019:
my boyfriend and i had our first kiss last week . IT WAS AMAZING but now i want to frech kiss him and he wants that too but we both had never had a french kiss brfore so what do i do
Kelsey Jones on April 04, 2019:
yeah I'm supposed to today or tomorrow he asked if I've ever kissed a guy before and I said no he said if it's awkward it's okay cuz he understands but he seems like he wants to and I'm happy he does I just hope it's not too awkward but this really does help on the understanding of kissing someone
Unknown on March 26, 2019:
I haven't kissed him yet we are together and everything is going perfectly fine but one day he brought up kissing.I had wanted ton kiss my boyfriend for a while now.But I just don't want to ruin the good relationship between us now.Im so nervous because I'm supposed to kiss him in a couple of days.Hopefully I do ok.The most nerve wrecking thing for me is that he has experience with kissing.Help.
Sativa on March 18, 2019:
I have the same problem nerves do we are both in jr high I really like him but have never kissed anyone before he has but I always forget to use the tips I get from these pages when I am talking to him what do I do?
Sara on March 18, 2019:
Nice tips. Thanks for addressing different scenarios.