How to Hug a Woman Like a Real Man
How to Hug a Woman Like You Mean It
Okay guys, let's talk. Both you and I know that there are certain things that men are just expected to know: how to fix cars, how to shave, and how to approach a girl, among others. These are all things that, generally speaking, no one ever teaches you how to do. You're just expected to know it. Surprisingly, nothing seems to the women I know as much as a guy who doesn't know how to give a good hug. Often guys overlook this perhaps less-than-stereotypically-manly skill that their girls really wish they had (by the way... it's way manly... in fact it's macho).
When I was a teenager I found myself getting complimented by girls all the time for giving "great hugs." I used to do the typical teenager thing and write it off but then I realized they were telling me that "most guys don't give great hugs." That's sad! Most guys want to please their girls but have no clue that simple things like this are so important. So whenever a girl complimented my "great hug" I began asking, "What makes it great?"
And so here lies the primer of how to give a girl the hug she's looking for and what simple things can take your decent hug to the next level. If you heed these simple tips, you'll find it will improve your relationship or desirability much more than you ever thought it could. Women want and need affection outside the bedroom in order to trust what they receive in the bedroom. So,without further ado...
Tips and Techniques for Hugging a Woman
Best Hugging Techniques
Okay the first and most thing to remember about hugging, kissing, or exchanging affection whether you're male or female exchanging with anyone is summed up in one simple word:
How to Properly Hug Your Girl: Calibration.
Make sure you are reading their body language before, during, and after the hug. If they're asking for it, give it to them. But take it slowly and don't rush. If they're enjoying the hug, keep doing it! If they're signaling it's time to pull away, don't be greedy! If you end up in an awkward hug right off the bat then apologize with a confident laugh and try again. It's about both of you relaxing and having fun so make it fun and make sure it's fun for your partner as well.
Hugging a Girl You Like: Use a Light Touch
Lets go over technique. When you go in for the hug make very light contact. Trust me, a light touch goes a long way. If she's hugging you around your neck, your fingertips should start at her sides and work their way around to her back. If she's going for a hug around your waist then meet her arms with your fingertips and gently run your fingers up until you hands glide up around her back.
This will feel not only better but it will set you apart from the way most other guys approach her for a hug; almost like you're saying "hello" with your hands and easing her in close to you. Also it feels a lot smoother to go from a distant light touch and slide into a hug rather than a disconnected invitation followed by an awkward patting when your hands finally clasp around her. It will make you feel slick, like James Bond.
Take Your Hug to the Next Level
Hugging Tips and Techniques
While hugging there is a movement I like to do that girls tend to respond very well to. It consists of allowing your fingertips to travel down her back just to the small of her back. Then, gently, with your palms, let your hands glide back up to her shoulder-blades and then repeat, going down her back with your fingertips. Keep your touch light and feel out how well she's responding. Use a firmer touch only if she's feeling it. This technique very closely resembles tantric massage strokes, so it may not be the best move to try out on someone you are not close with or if the moment isn't right. Did I mention anything about calibrating?
Let Go Gradually
When you come away from the hug many guys make the mistake of letting go all at once. From a tantric perspective, such a quick release is a shock to the system and just leaves her hanging. You said hello by meeting her gently with your fingertips and you should have the courtesy to say goodbye with the same gentle ease. Let your hands glide either back down her arms or back and with your fingertips gently slide off or if she seems like she might want another hug, keep contact for a little while, calibrate, and if so go back in for another.
How to Hug a Woman Romantically
What to Avoid When Hugging a Girl
- Never go too fast or hold her too hard. There are times when a passionate hug is appropriate. But your default should be to glide in and out with the fingertips regardless. The passion can follow once you're locked in an embrace.
- Avoid awkwardness. Take note of what kind of hugs will feel awkward for her body or yours and adjust to avoid them. I'm a very tall man, so typically a shorter woman hugs me around my waist or abdomen. I'll typically offset her a little to the side to avoid collisions and it works out because then she can place her ear on my chest.
- Don't get greedy. Hugging a girl too much or for too long can make you seem clingy rather than affectionate. Even if she's enjoying it or asking for it constantly, there is too much of a good thing and women really do like to feel like they deserve something nice rather than take that nice thing for granted.
- Get consent. NEVER hug a girl who obviously doesn't want to be hugged!
- Beware hugging a girl from behind. I can get away with it about 50% of the time, and that's only if she knows I'm there. It's generally more startling than exciting unless you've already hugged her from the front and then spin her around in which case I'd encourage you to do so! Remember to calibrate and keep contact with your fingertips while turning her.
On a personal note, I believe that a man should be able to express as much affection in a hug, a kiss, or gesture as he can with much more intimate actions. Think of a hug as a mini-version of intimacy and you'll have much more fun with it and have a much happier girl in your arms.
- Dr. Sam Dunn