Beth Perry is a professional author. She lives near the great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee.
The birds do it, the bees do it, and we should all be grateful that even our parents do it; but how much do you really know on the subject of sex? Take this trivia quiz and maybe you'll get a clue as how savvy you truly are!
Just get out a pencil or pen and paper and write down your choice of answer to the following questions. The answers follow the questions, and there you can tally up your score. Good luck!
Sex Trivia Quiz
1. Before being published as a novel, the Ray Bradbury novel Fahrenheit 451 was originally serialized in what men's magazine?
2. What vegetable was valued as an aphrodisiac by ancient Egyptians?
3. Because of the legend that grew surrounding its alleged hugeness, the penis of what American gangster came to be housed at the Smithsonian Institute?
a. Al Capone
b. John Dillinger
c. Baby Face Nelson
d. Clyde Barrow
4. The term erotica is derived from the name of whose famous lover?
b. Helen of Troy
d. Mary Magdalene
5. Recently uncovered murals from ancient Pompeii depict couples enjoying what kinky fun pastime?
a. Swimming in chocolate
b. Group sex
c. Oral sex
6. Which American religious leader was married to at least 33 different women, according to historical research?
a. Billy Graham
b. Jesse Jackson
c. Joseph Smith
d. David Koresh
7. According to legend, what famous female ruler supposedly died while having relations with a horse?
a. Katherine the Great of Russia
b. Elizabeth I of Britain
d. The Queen of Sheba
8. According to modern belief (superstition?) the length of a man’s penis is comparable to what other part of his anatomy?
9. What famous beauty was fathered by womanizer Pope Alexander VI?
a. Agnes de Mille
b. Empress Josephine
c. Lucrecia Borgia
d. Josephine Baker
10. What book has been banned or at least censored in certain American school systems because of its alleged risqué passages?
a. The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck
b. The Bible
c. Conjugal Bliss: The Quaker Husband’s Guide to Matrimonial Happiness
d. The Betty Crocker Cookbook
11. Voyeur is the technical/psychological term for being what?
a. Peeping Tom
b. Underwear collector
c. Foot fetishist
12. What famous ruler kept a large, comfortably furnished harem located underground?
a. Emperor Constantine
c. Queen Maria Theresa of Austria
13. What famous WWII-era leader reportedly used saltpeter on meals in order to suppress sexual desire?
a. Winston Churchill
b. Adolf Hitler
c. Joseph Stalin
d. President Roosevelt
14. What ancient manuscript on sex includes sections on dream interpretation and medical remedies for common sexual maladies?
a. The Song of Solomon
b. The Perfumed Garden
c. The Kama Sutra
d. The Oracles of Pythia
15. According to tradition, Scot laird and prophet Thomas Learmont, aka Thomas the Rhymer, was required to spend seven years in Fairyland in exchange for what from the Fairy Queen?
a. A kiss
b. Her brother’s love
c. Her sister’s love
d. Marriage to a selkie (mermaid)
16. Biographers have speculated what American singer/entertainer had romantic fantasies about his mother?
a. Stephen Foster
b. Jim Morrison
c. Elvis Presley
d. Buddy Holly
17. The term LGBT is an abbreviation for what?
a. Left gonad bilateral transmission
b. Lesbian gay bisexual and transsexual
c. Lucky girls bought and traded
d. Lesbian girls basically tease
18. What sexual practice has most often been found depicted on pottery made by ancient Central American peoples?
b. Bondage and discipline
d. Anal sex
19. The term teratophilia means what?
a. A person who enjoys having sex outdoors
b. A person who prefers having sex under the stars
c. A person who is sexually attracted to deformed individuals
d. A person who derives sexual pleasure from uttering profanity
20. The god Zeus ravished the beautiful Spartan princess Leda while he was disguised as what animal?
No peeking until you've answered all of the questions above!
- John Dillinger
- Joseph Smith
- Katherine the Great of Russia
- Lucrecia Borgia
- The Bible
- Peeping Tom
- Adolf Hitler
- The Perfumed Garden
- A kiss
- Elvis Presley
- Lesbian gay bisexual and transsexual
- Anal sex
- A person who is sexually attracted to deformed individuals