S. Jordan enjoys studying human behavior as well as personal development.
Why You Should Use Condoms
Let me start off by saying that if you are reading this, then you probably feel the need to have someone tell you why you should use condoms. I won’t say wear a condom because to me, that leaves the impression that this article is strictly about men. Women are equally responsible when it comes to condom use!
Many of you have come across something similar in the past. I am not writing this article because I have some new statistics or advice. This is simply an article to stress the fact of the importance of protecting yourself. I mean, you only have one life to live, right? So why live your life in fear, not knowing whether your one night of passion could possibly turn into a life full of hurt, anger, and pain?
Things do happen, and a condom may not protect you from every single thing out there. My point in all of this is that at the end of the day, you should be able to look back and say you’ve done all you could to protect yourself. Below I’ve gathered a list of reasons you should at least consider using condoms!
Top 10 Reasons to Use Condoms
- Prevent STDs. Most people with a sexually transmitted disease don’t even know they have one. So, how can you be sure? Protect yourself against, Chlamydia, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, and HPV (this list is just a few of the diseases out there).
- Prevent unwanted pregnancies. Condoms may not be 100% effective in preventing pregnancies, but the reality is that no one method of contraceptive is 100% unless you remain abstinent. Use condoms to minimize your chances of unwanted pregnancies.
- Shows maturity. Taking care of your sexual health speaks volumes and can be seen as being responsible.
- You are not married. This is not to offend anyone or say that marriage means you are safe. Chances are that if you aren’t married, your partner may not be with you a year or two from now. Having multiple partners doubles your risk!
- They’re cool. Condoms now come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. They have different lubrications that enhance sensation, such as Trojan’s Fire & Ice. You can even order condoms in bulk online for convenience.
- Less stress. Provide a sense of security knowing that you are reducing the chances of STDs and pregnancy. Always keep in mind that this is not 100%. You and your partner still have the responsibility of getting tested regularly.
- Could save your life. AIDS caused by HIV is a virus that progressively attacks the immune system. Sadly there is no cure for this disease. Many people die from AIDS each year. There are several ways to contract the virus, but for the topic at hand, condoms can be effective at preventing the spread of this disease.
- You have multiple partners! Let’s face it; not everyone is monogamous. Many people actually believe that if they have been with a person for some time that it’s okay to not use condoms as long as they protect themselves when they’re with other people. Absolutely wrong! You should always use condoms.
- You and your partner haven’t been tested. If you and your partner don’t know your status, then condoms are a must. Honestly, you should want to know before you become sexually involved, but more often than not, that isn’t the case.
- You can’t tell by looking at someone whether or not they are disease-free. The most beautiful woman in the world and the most handsome man can both be carrying a deadly secret. Be careful!
Condoms Are Everywhere
The great thing in today’s society is that you can pretty much buy condoms anywhere. Gas stations, drug stores, convenience stores, and even online, you will find a large selection of your favorite brand of condoms. There are flavored condoms, condoms for enhanced sensation, XL condoms; I mean, the list goes on.
Read More From Pairedlife
You can even get free samples of a particular condom before you decide to purchase a large quantity. Another good thing, for those of you on a budget, is that you can get them for free at your local health department. So really, there is no excuse unless you and your partner are actually trying to get pregnant, are monogamous, and have both been tested.
Make Sure You Use Them Correctly
What I’ve discovered is that condom use is not as effective as it can be because of improper use. You hear stories of the condoms breaking and sometimes coming off during sex. One reason is that you may be using the wrong size condom; the second reason is that it may not have been put on correctly. Below is a demonstration of how to put on a condom.
- Using Condoms, Condom Types & Condom Sizes
Choosing the right condom from the different shapes, types, sizes and flavours and how you use them.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
killingkid on June 19, 2014:
my dad sent this 2me