My name is Tatiana, but my friends and family call me Tutta. I love writing articles that bring a little creativity to everyday life.
What to Do on a Rainy Day
Rain, rain, go away! Come again some other day!
Rainy days don’t have to be such a drag; in fact, there are plenty of things to do on a rainy day! For adults, it’s not always fun things, but there are a bunch of more productive things to be done, and being productive feels good. This is not to say that there aren’t any fun things to do on a rainy day for adults. Let’s just cut to the chase!
Things to Make in the Kitchen
Rain or shine, you gotta eat! Take this opportunity to try your hand at something new in the kitchen and whip up some tasty treats for your family and friends!
- Bake a cake.
- Bake brownies.
- Bake butter cookies (Odds are you'll have all the ingredients!)
- Bake homemade bread.
- Deep fry anything!
- Invent a new cocktail.
- Make chicken noodle soup.
- Make freezer meals.
- Make homemade jam.
- Make milkshakes.
- Make s'mores over the stovetop.
- Throw something in the crock pot.
- Try a Pinterest recipe.
Things to Do to Relax
Spend your rainy day in leisure with one of these calming activities. Don't forget to cozy up with a bowl of your homemade chicken noodle soup while you kick back and relax!
- Ask your spouse for a message.
- Call an old friend.
- Light some candles.
- Look through old photo albums.
- Open a bottle of wine.
- Plan a vacation.
- Practice an instrument you play.
- Read your favorite book.
- Sit out back and watch the rain.
- Spend time with the family.
- Take a bubble bath.
- Take a nap.
- Turn off all technology and just... relax.
- Write a list of things you're thankful for.
Things to Do as a Family
Sure, this is an article about things for adults to do inside, but if you've got kids in the house, odds are they need something to do too! Plan a family fun day and try some of the following things to do as a family!
- Build a blanket and pillow fort! Heck yeah!
- Do a crossword puzzle.
- Do a jigsaw puzzle.
- Invent a board game. Cones of Dunshire anyone?
- Make the biggest house of cards you can.
- Plan a scavenger hunt for the kids.
- Play a board game.
- Play a silly game of Twister.
- Play charades.
- Play Uno.
- Play video games.
- Tell jokes.
- Tell silly, scary stories.
Things to Do Around the House
You're stuck inside all day, there's no better time to take on some of those household chores and repairs you've been putting off!
- Change your smoke detector batteries so they don’t scare the life out of you in the future.
- Clean air filters.
- Clean out your fridge.
- Clean out your fridge.
- Fold the pile of laundry that's been sitting there all week!
- Make household repairs.
- Organice your spice rack.
- Organize a closet.
- Organize your pantry.
- Paint a room.
- Rearrange a room.
- Repair damaged clothing.
- Start a budget.
- Wash the dog.
Read More From Pairedlife
Things to Watch
Isn't this everyone's go-to when it's raining out? Turn on your favorite show or check out what's new on Netflix. Either way, make sure you pick something everyone wants to watch! No remote hogs!
- Add new shows to your Netflix queue.
- Binge watch your favorite show.
- Do a movie marathon.
- Enjoy a chick flick with your love.
- Geek out to Star Trek.
- Learn something from a documentary.
- Listen to your old favorite songs.
- Pick a movie from a hat.
- Plan a themed movie night with snacks. (ET and Reese's Pieces!)
- Start a new TV series.
- Watch a Pixar movie with the kids.
- Watch an old western.
- Watch old family videos.
Things to Learn
If you're going to be spending your day inside, why not stretch your mind by learning something new to impress your family and friends with!
- Learn cool ways to tie your shoes (there’s like a million ways).
- Learn funny or interesting facts about anything that interests you.
- Learn how to cut up watermelon.
- Learn how to fold clothes without wrinkling them.
- Learn how to French braid
- Learn how to give a message.
- Learn how to hard boil eggs properly (I was doing it wrong to my surprise).
- Learn how to jump start a car.
- Learn how to make an Animated GIF.
- Learn how to make fire.
- Learn how to play blackjack.
- Learn how to play poker.
- Learn how to say "I Love You" in other languages.
- Learn how to take interesting photos.
- Learn more about your faith.
Things to Craft
In my opinion, it's always a good time for arts and crafts! Why not spend your rainy afternoon getting your DIY on!
- Create a scrapbook.
- Crotchet a baby blanket.
- Do a home DIY project.
- Do a paper plate craft with the kids.
- Draw a comic.
- Draw a picture.
- Knit a scarf.
- Make a handmade card for someone.
- Make homemade playdoh.
- Paint a picture.
- Play with pottery.
Things to Do Online
Maybe the best way for you to spend your day inside is by working or playing online! This vast resource can entertain you for hours or help you build a profitable side business! Take your pick!
- Catch up on the news.
- Clean up your Facebook friends list (surely there are a few you’d like to boot!).
- Create a new board on Pinterest.
- Explore social media.
- Play Candy Crush or Farm Heroes.
- Play with photo editors.
- Research a hobby that you might want to do
- Shop for something online.
- Skype with a loved one.
- Start a blog.
- Start a Hubpages account.
- Start a vlog.
- Start an Etsy store.
- Watch cute animal videos on Youtube.
- Watch Failarmy on Youtube.
- Write an article online.
Things to Improve Yourself
Now is as good a time as ever to work on yourself! Maybe you've been trying to lose a few pounds or perhaps your feet could use some pampering, no matter what it is, spend a little time for just you!
- Apply self tanner (You aren't going to be sunbathing today anyways!)
- Create a fun workout you can do inside.
- Do a dance workout.
- Do yoga.
- Dye your hair.
- Give yourself a manicure.
- Give yourself a pedicure.
- Make a homemade body scrub.
- Practice the smokey eye.
- Trim your hair.
- Workout to 80’s exercise videos.
- Workout to your favorite music.
With this many things to do on a rainy day for adults, you can never be bored! One thing that can make rainy days more fun is having company. So, if you have your significant other, children, friends, or even neighbors around, ask them to join you in your rainy-day excursions!
Rainy days just have this way of forcing us to take a break from our normal fast-paced lives, so take advantage of it and slow down. There’s absolutely no shame in taking part in leisurely activities while listening to all that pitter-patter on the roof!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.