I'm Tatiana and am a firm believer in the power of holistic healing and home remedies! Apple cider vinegar for the win!
Some people say that the words “I love you” are said too often; I say poppycock! If you’re one of those who is feeling those three lovely words are overused, then it’s time for you to start getting creative, for your sake and for those whom you love.
Perhaps you’re not bored with saying it but you just want to find more creative or funny ways to say I love you, then you've found the right article.
Whether you’re in a newer relationship looking for a good way to say it for the first time, want to say it to a family member, or you’re married to your soul mate, there are many different, funny ways to say I love you to the ones you love!
"I Love You!" in Different Languages
Every culture, every language has a way of saying “I love you”:
- The amo (Spanish)
- Ti amo (Italian)
- Je t’aime (French)
- Ich liebe dich (German)
- and suki desu (Japanese).
It’s one of those phrases that when said to someone in any language, everyone knows just what is being said. It’s a special phrase for a very special feeling, and should only be used in true meaning.
Actions are also great ways to say I love you, because actions don’t have a specific language. If you’ve ever heard the old adage “actions speak louder than words,” well, when it comes to expressing your love, this saying holds a lot of water.
This is not a matter of going out and buying your mate everything under the sun; it’s showing that you love them through the way that you treat them, along with your spoken words. A kiss or even a simple, warm embrace is meaningful in most any language!
There’s nothing more adorable than hearing the laugh of your child, and finding silly ways to say I love you to them will surely bring out that cute chuckle in them. Here are a few funny ideas for saying I love you to a young child:
- "I love you from your toes to your nose to where your hair grows!"
- "I love you more than the Bubble Guppies love lunch time!"
- "I love you more than Minions love bananas!"
- "What did the volcano say to the mountain? I lava you!"
They know you love them, so say it in a funny way instead! Tell your mom, dad, sister, brother, and your crazy Aunt Dena how much you love them! If you can't say it to family, who can you say it to?
- "You know what my favorite thing about you is? Your last name!"
- "Even though we're miles apart, I just wanted to say... I'm glad we're miles apart!"
- "The only thing I love more than my family is someone else's!"
- "To the most wonderful mother in the world; Would you please adopt me?!"
Read More From Pairedlife
Even friends sometime need to hear those loving words from each other! Tell your friends how much you love them with one of these funny sayings!
- "If I drank a Red Bull for every time you've been an awesome friend, I'd probably have to pee a lot!"
- "You know what I love about you? Your clothes! By the way, can I borrow that shirt?"
- "So I finally realized what makes you so cool; You're friends with me!"
If you and your love have a good sense of humor, then why not get creative with funny ways to say "I love you"? It will be just as appreciated and make for cute stories later on, but most of all, you get your point across in a fun way!
- "My favorite part of you is the better half; ME!"
- "I love you more than a herd of wildebeest love stampeding Mufasa!
- "If I had to say what my favorite part of you is, it's located between your arms... Your heart!"
- "You know what's better than sitting on the couch and watching football with an ice cold beer? When I don't have to get that beer! Thanks Honey!"
Saying "I Love You!"
Anytime you go to use humor while being creative with the “I love yous,” make sure you have a good understanding on what type of humor your other half finds acceptable, as you don’t want to cross the wrong line. The only line you should be crossing is the one that says “I love YOU!”
Fer on June 19, 2019:
Its "te amo" in spanish!
AshimaTan on January 30, 2015:
That's a cute hub!
David Gitachu from Nairobi, Kenya on February 11, 2014:
In Swahili, 'I love You' is said - 'Nakupenda'. Michael Jackson's song 'Liberian Girl' used the phrase a lot. Nice Hub.
Dora Weithers from The Caribbean on February 11, 2014:
"So I finally realized what makes you so cool; You're friends with me!" This is may favorite, because I know I make a good friend. However, all your lines are cool! Good read!