Sadie Holloway is a workshop facilitator who teaches interpersonal communication skills to help people strengthen their relationships.
If you have an assortment of pretty notebooks you want to use but you don't know what to put in them, here are some romantic journaling ideas that will help fuel your creativity and light the fire in your relationship!
1. Date night planner. Regular date nights are a must for people in long-term relationships. Date night keeps things fun and fresh. But if you find yourself doing the same thing over and over again, a date night planner is a good way to shake things up. Your pretty notebook could include ideas for a fun and affordable date night, conversation starters for couples, gift ideas, romantic recipes and more!
2. Wedding, anniversary, or special occasion planner. From birthday parties to intimate Valentine's Day celebrations with your sweetheart, use one of your blank journals to start making plans for your next romantic holiday. Be sure to include meal ideas, recipes, and decorating tips, and special occasion toasts and greetings. For example, if you have a special anniversary coming up, such as a five year wedding milestone, you could do some research on traditional wood gift ideas for a fifth anniversary celebration.
3. All the Things I Love About You notebook. This is similar to a gratitude journal. It's a dreamy notebook where you write about all the things you love and appreciate about your significant other. Writing in one of these notebooks is a lovely way to reflect upon all the things that make your one and only your true soul mate.
4. All the Things I Love About Myself notebook. The key to a healthy, satisfying relationship is self-love. Take time every now and then to write about all the things you love about yourself. When you focus on all the things that you feel proud of, they tend to shine and sparkle a little brighter in the eyes of everyone around you.
5. Romantic quotes. Whenever you come across funny quotes about love and marriage, jot your favorite ones down. They might come in handy later when you want to write a funny birthday card to your spouse or partner. When you find sweet and romantic quotes that remind you of your loved one, write those in your blank notebook too. Then refer to them when you want to write a love letter to your spouse.
6. Gratitude journal. One of the best ways to improve your outlook on almost anything in life---your job, your health, your finances, or your relationship---is to regularly do an inventory of all the things you are grateful for in whatever area is causing you worry or doubt. If you are worried about your relationship and you want to get a better perspective on it, writing in a gratitude journal might help. Even if you aren't stressed out about your relationship or marriage, a gratitude journal is still a great idea. It will make all the good things about your relationship feel even better!
Read More From Pairedlife
7. A list of classic romantic movies to watch. When you read a review for a classic movie you'd like to see with your sweetheart, make a special note of it. Then on your next quiet night in, you'll have a list of great date movies to pull up on Netflix.
8. Romantic foods diary. Did you know that certain foods can enhance your love life? Use one of you pretty notebooks to collect and organize information on various healthy foods that are good for the both of you.
9. Decorating ideas to help set the tone for a romantic night at home. It is believed that if you arrange the furniture in your bedroom based on the principles of Feng Shui, you can boost the romance factor in your relationship. If you are new to Feng Shui for romance and you'd like to give it a try, use one of your pretty notebooks to collect design tips. Learn about the dos and don't of arranging furniture so that you bring the positive energy into your and your partner's life.
10. A list of relationship tips and advice. If you read a lot of magazines, blogs and self-help books, you know that there is tons of advice out there on relationships, marriage, romance, and intimacy. You may find some of the advice you read useful and applicable to your life and your relationships. But you could end up with piles of books and endless bookmarked articles and blog. Instead, take the bits of relationship wisdom you'd like to try in your relationship and make notes in one of your pretty notebooks.
Jazz up your romantic journal and turn it into a keepsake book that you'll treasure for years. Try collage, decoupage, and various mixed media techniques to make your journal a one of a kind masterpiece. Check out these crafty video tips on how to decorate your blank notebook.
What other romantic ideas do you have for filling up a blank notebook? Share your creative journaling tips in the comments.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2016 Sadie Holloway