I'm an eclectic gal with many diverse interests. They include relationships, film, trivia, and an assortment of other things.
Some of the Best TV Quotes
Movies and television can provide a wealth of great quotes on love and other matters. Here is a selection of great quotes on love from movies and television.
- If you can love your enemy, you already have victory. - The Help (2011)
- You wouldn't know love if it kicked you in the fangs. - True Blood (2011) "Hitting the Ground"
- I love this burger so much, I wanna sew my ass shut. -How I Met Your Mother (2008) "The Best Burger in New York"
- Oh, my God. I'm in love with a beautiful woman who can quote Yoda. -The Big Bang Theory (2010) "The Wheaton Recurrence"
- She was beautiful. God I loved her. I just didn't know how to show it, that's all. I killed her, Red. I didn't pull the trigger, but I drove her away. And that's why she died, because of me. -The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
- The only way to be happy is to love. Unless you love, your life will flash by. -The Tree of Life (2011)
- There's no unconditional love, only unconditional need. -House M.D. (2008) "Joy"
- We don't get to pick who we fall in love with, and it doesn't happen like it should. -No Strings Attached (2011)
- Wouldn't it be kinder, to be more compassionate to just hold your loved ones and wait for the clock to run down? -The Walking Dead (2010) "TS-19"
- Ah, love. L-O-V-E love. 'L' is for life. I mean what is life without love? - Friends (2003) "The One Where Ross is Fine"
More Great TV Quotes
- Would I rather be feared or loved? Um... Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me. -The Office (2005)
- Don't be afraid to fall in love. It's the only thing that matters in life. -Country Strong (2010)
- All we really need to survive is one person who truly loves us. -Lost (2006) "Live Together, Die Alone"
- There comes a time, thief, when the jewels cease to sparkle, when the gold loses its luster, when the throne room becomes a prison, and all that is left is a father's love for his child. -Conan the Barbarian (1982)
- You gotta be careful with that. You gotta be careful with the person you fall in love is worth it... to you. -Blue Valentine (2010)
- It's easier to steal what you want than it is to earn it. It's easier to beat a child than it is to raise it. Hell, love costs: it takes effort and work. -Seven (1995)
- There's no such thing as love, it's fantasy... -(500) Days of Summer (2009)
- We're meant to lose the people we love. How else would we know how important they are to us? -The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)
- I'm not a smart man... but I know what love is. -Forrest Gump (1994)
- Of course you had to break up with him. No-one you love should ever sell your car without asking and then blow the money on meth. -Scrubs (2007) "My Hard Labor"
- I love hitmen. No matter what you do to them, you don't feel bad. -Sin City (2005)
- I love my kids so much. I'm so sorry they have me as a mother. -Desperate Housewives (2004) "Guilty"
- Just shut up! Here... I wanna marry you because you're the first person I wanna look at when I wake up in the morning, and the only one I wanna kiss goodnight. Because the first time that I saw these hands, I couldn't imagine not being able to hold them. But mainly, when you love someone as much as I love you, getting married is the only thing left to do. So, will you, um, marry me? -Definitely, Maybe (2008)
- Love sure is a funny thing. Makes you happy, makes you sad, makes you do all sorts of things you never thought you'd do before. In fact, love's the reason I'm laying here dying. -I Love You Phillip Morris (2009)
- I love you even when you're sick and look disgusting. - Love Actually (2003)
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2011 Sychophantastic
Movie Jit on March 12, 2013:
Quote from To the Wonder
Newborn. I open my eyes. I melt. Into the eternal night. A spark. You got me out of the darkness. You gathered me up from earth. You’ve brought me back to life.