Funny Quotes About Love and Marriage
Check out these playful quotes, quips, and jokes about love and marriage from some of the world's funniest women and men -- perfect for happy couples with a great sense of humor!
These funny quotes about love, romance, and marriage are also perfect for:
- Wedding and Anniversary Toasts
- Birthday and Anniversary Cards for Couples
- Special Occasion Speeches
- Master of Ceremonies Speakers
- Blog Posts about Relationships
- Tweets about Love
- Facebook Status Updates
- Valentine's Day Cards
The ability to laugh at yourself and not take life too seriously is important to living a joyful, stress-free life. It's also vital to having a long and happy life together with your spouse.
These quotes on love and marriage are perfect for couples who know that the key to a successful marriage is being able to find the humor in every day situations; from who hogs the covers to who always forgets important dates.
Getting married is a lot like getting into a tub of hot water. After you get used to it, it ain't so hot. -- Minnie Pearl
Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution yet. -- Mae West
A man in love is incomplete until he's married--then he's finished. -- Zsa Zsa Gabor
If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question. -- Lily Tomlin
Any intelligent woman who reads the marriage contract and then goes into it, deserves all the consequences. -- Isadora Duncan
Marriage is the alliance of two people, one of whom never remembers birthdays and the other never forgets them. -- Ogden Nash
Sometimes the funniest quotes on love and marriage don't come from stand-up comedians and professional entertainers. Sometimes the most hilarious thoughts about love come straight out of the mouths of kids! Check out what these pint-sized cupids have to say about romance.
Honest and Funny Thoughts on Love and Marriage from Kids
Who is the comedian in your household?
Whatever you may look like, marry a man your own age - as your beauty fades, so will his eyesight. -- Phyllis Diller
Marriage is just an elaborate game that allows two selfish people to periodically feel that they're not. ― Paul Reiser
I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. -- Rita Rudner
The world has grown suspicious of anything that looks like a happily married life. -- Oscar Wilde
The best place to find material is in real life. I've always maintained that it's not until the mid-20s that you have enough of a life to draw from. There's nothing better for a comic than to go through some bad stuff - and some good stuff, like getting married. -- Jeff Dunham
Not every comedian makes jokes about love. In fact, some of the funniest people in the world have deeply insightful things to say about love.
Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. -- Lucille Ball
There are never enough I Love You's. -- Lenny Bruce
If we're destroying our trees and destroying our environment and hurting animals and hurting one another and all that stuff, there's got to be a very powerful energy to fight that. I think we need more love in the world. We need more kindness, more compassion, more joy, more laughter. I definitely want to contribute to that. -- Ellen DeGeneres
Why not add one of these top romantic comedies to your next movie night?
- When Harry Met Sally
- The Princess Bride
- It Happened One Night
- Four Weddings and a Funeral
- Bridget Jones's Diary
- The Apartment
- Say Anything
How can you use humor to make your relationship stronger? Studies show that people who are able to find the humor in stressful situations are healthier, more resilient, and more hopeful about the future. Laughter reduces stress and helps keep you in the present moment. Worries melt away when people get lost in laughter. Laughter increases many of the same feel-good neuro-chemicals (i.e.; dopamine, serotonin) that are found in your brain during moments of romantic passion.
Laughter also increases blood circulation, mental alertness, and physical energy levels—three things essential for a night of fun and playful one-on-one passion.
Being able to laugh at yourself is also a sign of confidence and self-awareness, two personality traits that make you more attractive.
If you want to add more laughter and humor to your relationship, why not try a few of these funny tips and tricks?
- Send a funny text message to your spouse in the middle of the day.
- Greet your partner at the door wearing clown make-up, a funny hat, or Groucho Marx eyeglasses and see how long you can act as if nothing is unusual.
- Do things on date night that challenge each of you to let your inner goofy child loose. A night of Karaoke or Improv theater are two great ways to spend date night laughing your pants off!
- Write your own stand-up routine and then create a stage in your living room, complete with a toy microphone, silly props, and bistro style seating so that the love of your life is the
- If you can’t create your own stand-up routine, go online and create a list jokes and one-liners from your spouse’s favorite comedian. Dress up as that comedian and give the most over the top performance you can.
- Play games that promote physical contact. The classic kid’s game Twister is the perfect example of an activity that increases physical closeness in a fun, energizing way.
- Build a fort in the middle of your living room.
- Go to a local playground at dusk and play on the swings, slides, and monkey bars.
What things do you and your spouse do to add more playfulness to your relationship? Leave a comment and share your favorite ways to add more laughter to your relationship!
How important is it to you that your potential mate has a sense of humor?
© 2014 Sadie Holloway