Cheeky Kid is a cybernaut who spends a lot of time browsing the web, grasping infinite information, and reveling in entertainment and fun.
Ways to Say "I Love You"
“I love you!” These are the three little words that everyone wants to hear. After all, love is what makes the world go round.
But is it possible to say "I love you" without actually saying those words? Sure they're classic, but sometimes they can feel overused. Fortunately there are a lot of other meaningful, unique, and memorable ways to express this sentiment. This list offers more than 100 creative ways to do it.
What are you waiting for? Sidle up to your loved one and whisper some words of love.
What to Say Instead of "I Love You" (Alternatives to "I Love You")
- Every time I look at you, I feel love and inspiration.
- I just wouldn’t feel complete without you.
- I am here for you . . . always.
- You are my treasure—the most precious thing in my life.
- You're my baby.
- I’m all yours.
- You complete me.
- Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so are you.
- With you, forever isn’t long enough.
- I worship you.
- We are perfect for each other.
- You are captivating.
- I am infatuated with you.
- I picture growing old with you.
- I yearn for you.
- I cherish you above everything else in my life.
- Sometimes I can’t stop looking at you . . . you look too damn good!
- You are my world. Gravity always pulls me toward you.
- I'm smitten with you.
- I don’t even want to think about what life would be like without you.
- I made you breakfast/lunch/dinner.
- I made you tacos (or insert your partner's favorite food).
- Everything's better when I'm with you.
- We make a good match.
- You are my soulmate.
- You're simply the best.
- You mean so much to me.
- Whenever I see you, I think “Good job, God!”
- You're mine, and I'm yours.
How to Say "I Love You" Without Saying It
- I’m totally into you.
- You always brighten up my day.
- I've totally fallen for you.
- I can’t believe how hard I’ve fallen for you.
- We fit each other perfectly.
- We have amazing chemistry.
- If I were to spell out my favorite thing in the world, I’d spell “Y-O-U.”
- You are incredible.
- I love you from the bottom of my heart.
- Everything about you turns me on.
- I'm addicted to you.
- I like the way you make me feel, even when you are not around.
- You mean the world to me.
- I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you.
- You can't deny what's between us.
- We're meant for each other.
- I'm rather partial to you.
- I've got a thing for you.
- I love you to the moon and back.
- I love you with my whole heart and soul.
- You are the sunshine in my day and the moonlight in my night.
- To you—the only person I will ever love.
- I’d rather argue with you than kiss someone else.
- Every fiber of my being aches for you.
- I adore you.
- You are my angel.
- You are the person I want to spend my life with.
- We were meant to find one another.
- Everything you do adds to my happiness, subtracts from my sadness, and multiplies my joy!
- You are my addiction.
- I'm drawn to you.
- You're my prince/princess.
- I've got a crush on you.
Creative Ways to Say "I Love You"
- How did you become the utterly amazing person that you are?
- I have feelings for you.
- I'm fond of you.
- I’m so excited that we have so much time to be with each other.
- You make my soul sing when you walk into the room.
- You've got what I need.
- I miss you.
- I’ll always choose you.
- Here's a billion dollars, no strings attached!
- I love you more and more every day.
- Whenever I wake up, I smile because it’s going to be another day with you.
- I'm all about you.
- I'm totally down with you.
- I will never love anyone as much as I love you.
- When you're happy, I'm happy.
- You are my favorite.
- I can’t say it enough—I love you more than anything.
- Every time I see you, you leave me breathless.
- Let's get it on.
- I think you're the one.
- Butterflies in my stomach flutter whenever I’m with you.
- We make a fantastic team.
- I always have an amazing time with you.
- You make me burn with desire.
- I feel such powerful adoration for you and only you.
- All I ever want is to make you happy.
- My heart calls out for you.
- I idolize you.
- You're my sunshine.
Read More From Pairedlife
Cute and Poetic Ways to Say "I Love You"
- I’m not like anyone else.
- You are the best boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife in the entire world.
- I'm crazy about you.
- Our hearts beat as one.
- For you, I would risk it all.
- You are worth the wait.
- I am consumed by the desire to be with you, talk to you, and feel you near me.
- I'm under your spell.
- I appreciate everything you are.
- If this was all a dream, I’d choose not to wake up.
- I'm ready to take it to the next level.
- I'm enamored with you.
- You’re the only one who makes me truly smile.
- You turn me inside out.
- You’re my dream come true.
- I feel so lucky to have you.
- You are the object of my affection.
- You are the apple of my eye.
- A piece of my heart is missing when you’re not with me.
- You are a blessing in disguise that I will never forget.
- You make me forget about all the sadness and pain.
- Whenever I think of you, my heart lights up.
- I worship the rain that waters the grass that grows on the ground you walk on.
- You take my breath away.
- You are my most favorite part of reality.
- My dream is to be with you forever.
- I always want to cuddle with you.
How to Say "I Love You" in 15 Different Languages
- Chinese: Wǒ ài nǐ
- Japanese: Aishiteru
- Korean: Saranghaeyo
- Thai: P̄hm rạk khuṇ
- Spanish: Te amo
- French: Je t'aime
- German: Ich liebe dich
- Dutch: Ik hou van je
- Norwegian: Jeg elsker deg
- Russian: Ya lyublyu tyebya
- Swahili: Nakupenda
- Hindi: Main tumase pyaar karata hoon
- Greek: S'agapó
- Hebrew: Ani ohev otach
- Arabic: Ana bahebak
Other Words for Love: "I __ You!"
feel ardently for
feel passionately about
am partial to
am enchanted with
am mad about
am committed to
am devoted to
am fond of
am crazy about
am enamored with
am addicted to
think the world of
have a soft spot for
How to Say "I Love You" Without Saying Anything at All
Sometimes no words are needed. Knowing how to express your feelings in words (and doing so often) is very important in maintaining a healthy relationship, but it's also possible to express your feelings in nonverbal ways. In fact, these nonverbal gestures may be just as meaningful to your partner!
Here are some ways to say "I love you" without saying anything at all:
- Make a show: Grab your partner's hand or pull them close for a hug, kiss, or a snuggle on the couch. Give them a special smile or wink that's meant only for them—no one else.
- Head to the kitchen: Offer to bring a cup of tea or coffee, or how about a special cocktail? Cook dinner while your partner relaxes, or make breakfast in bed. Perhaps you'll learn that food is your partner's love language!
- Lighten their load: It may not sound very romantic, but your partner will feel supremely cared for if you offer to help out with things they normally take care of on their own. Do they usually do the laundry? Mow the lawn? Offer to help out and see their eyes melt with gratitude.
- Put down your phone: Give your partner your undivided attention when you're talking together. If your phone is in your hand (and it probably is), tuck it away. If you're scrolling on your phone while you're talking to someone, you're telling them they're not worth your full attention.
- Be an event planner: You can express your love by planning fun activities or outings. From a chill movie night at home to an exciting weekend getaway, taking the time to plan a shared activity tells your partner you really care.
- Pick out something special: Surprise your partner with a gift when it's not their birthday or another special occasion! This can be a lovely way to let them know how much they mean to you.
- Gaze deeply: This may sound a little out there, but studies have shown that deep gazing can increase feelings of love and intimacy. Sit down with your partner and gaze deeply into each other's eyes for two minutes. It may feel uncomfortable at first, but the results may surprise you!
- Get curious: Other studies have shown that asking a particular set of 36 personal questions can significantly increase feelings of emotional connection. Some of the questions are fairly neutral, but others can be deeply revealing. Ask your partner how they'd feel about giving these questions a try. If nothing else, you'll learn something new about each other—but you may also come away feeling even more deeply in love. Win-win!