50 Things Women Want Men to Know
Understanding Women 101
Will women and men really ever fully understand each other? Probably not.
Both genders are amazing and offer their unique perspectives to a relationship.
Wouldn't it be nice if we had the chance to actually comprehend what our partner is saying?
Whether it's with action or key words that are on the sly and not actually straight forward.
I hope you take these useful tricks of the trade into consideration.
Men and women might never fully understand each other, but the important thing is that we never give up trying.
Disclaimer: This list is all in fun, yet factual. A sense of humor and an open mind is required before proceeding to read.
Rekindle the Flame or Get Burned
What Women Want Men To Know
- Contrary to rumors, gossip or however else you might have heard it...we don't read minds. We are not psychic. If you want or need something you should ask. We prefer not to assume.
- Get yourself acquainted with "The Look." You were probably familiar with this practice while you were a child and your parent gave you "The Look." Well this gesture never goes away. So prepare yourself and as always have an escape plan ready.
- Trust us multi-tasking is possible. Take baby steps...if you focus hard enough you could do two things at once. Follow up with three and work up to ten.
- Fact: Women get the last word. There are no ifs, ands or buts. Consider the alternative if she doesn't. Not worth the hassle.
- Proceed with caution when you hear the words "We need to talk"
- We will always ponder why Menopause, Menstruation and Mental Breakdown all begin with the word MEN. Any insight on this dilemma would be appreciated.
- When you are tongue tied for a response, "Yes, Dear" always seems to work best.
- Even if you burn a meal we will still eat it because you prepared it.
- Bodily sounds are not acceptable and blaming the kids or pets doesn't work.
- Partners might be the "last to know," but when we find out you best run for the hills because your life as you know it will never be the same again.
- Fact: A cocky, know-it-all attitude truly gets you nowhere.
- When a women asks "Does my butt looks big?" Do not pause, just answer quickly. There is never a rewind for this moment.
- Using a cute kid or adorable puppy as a decoy to attract women is a great plan and works! Just be sure you have permission to use either if they aren't yours. Bail is not part of the package.
- When women say "I'll consider it" just forget you asked because chances are the answer you want won't be flowing from her mouth.
- Fact: Watching the movie Brokeback Mountain will not make you gay!
- There is nothing unmasculine about asking for directions while driving. It's more honorable to ask and arrive at our destination safely.
- FYI: Common colds have a duration of 5 days. You are not doomed or dying. Nonexistent whining would be appreciated or at least keep it to a minimum of a few times per day, not hourly. Further proof why women give birth.
- It's OK to share your feelings, concerns, worries and it's OK to cry. Please don't sob as often as Speaker of the House John Boehner!
- Being competitive is fun. Being overly competitive makes us want to kick you in the nuts.
- PMS is the real deal. There is no way around it. You can't avoid it. Yes, you should walk on eggshells. On the bright side, PMS doesn't last forever and we will be back to normal in a few days. Just imagine PMS as a hurricane. The storm is approaching, the eye of the storm causes havoc. There is always sunshine at the end of a storm.
- We appreciate that when we are singing off-key to our favorite songs that you don't ridicule us. Even if we ridicule you.
- Size really doesn't matter. It's how you use it that does!
- Playful flirting with other women is OK. Just remember whatever you can do we can do better!
- We appreciate you trying to always solve our problems. Just keep in mind we usually don't want you to, we are just venting and most likely the remedy is already in the works.
- Playing dress-up with our clothing is a major concern that should be addressed.
Women Have The Last Word
26. Some women are OK with you having a good friend of the opposite gender. Just don't let those some of us down.
27. You should never, ever spend more time in front of a mirror then us. Ever.
28. Over-inflated egos and an abundance of self-confidence is a total turn-off.
29. Substance abuse of any kind is unacceptable, unless we are also abusers. If so, we should plan a trip to rehab pronto. Enablers aren't healthy for a relationship.
30. We appreciate it when we feel appreciated since we do appreciate you and mutual appreciation is vital for a healthy, appreciative relationship.
31. We do have the capability to retrain your brain. The left and the right side. Also everything in between.
32. We don't watch sports with you just for the eye candy. We actually also like sports. It's amazing to watch a touchdown happen during the 9th inning of the Stanley Cup Finals and a hole in one while watching a basketball game! Yep, no eye candy for us.
33. Never, ever touch that last piece of chocolate. Ever. Never. Ever.
34. Going shopping with us gives you extra bonus points.
35. Texting us with bad news is a major reduction in points.
36. If you truly love your family you will have yearly medical physicals. Excuses never apply here.
37. Don't expect us to always be the conversationalist. On the flip side, do not talk as much as a woman. There is a gray area. You could find it.
38. Surprise gifts are always welcome.
39. If you should have a complaint, follow it up with a compliment. That makes the difference between a "lucky" and unlucky day!
40. Forgetting a birthday or anniversary is equivalent to 3 months of hard labor. We advise against it. Always have a back up plan to remember. Consider a tattoo on your forehead.
41. We don't really look at the size of your feet or hands.
42. You seriously didn't believe #41, did you?
43. We realize you'll never be perfect because in reality perfection is boring. But we will continue to try to mold you into near perfection.
44. Just like you need your space so do we. So we will agree to disagree that we both need space and during this "space" we will question why we actually wanted space.
45. "I have a headache" is not curable with Tylenol, but it is with a cold shower.
46. Cold shoulders are not something we like to give, so try not to bring one on.
47. Scratching your private body parts is unhygienic and should never be done in public. Adjusting yourself also falls into this category. Get a room.
48. Yes, common sense is something we all have the capability of acquiring on a daily basis.
49. Contrary to what you've heard "swearing" is not a tool. So there is no need to use curse words while tending to chores.
50. You will never fully understand women, but never give up trying.
Treat Women Like a Star
Questions & Answers
© 2012 Linda Bilyeu