My name is Tatiana, but my friends and family call me Tutta. I like writing articles that help bring people closer together.
Funny nicknames really have a way to get a point across, don’t they? They can be rude and crude but still somehow socially acceptable! Maybe not for the recipient, but you’re bound to get a few chuckles out of people when they first catch wind of someone’s funny nickname!
Funny nicknames, depending on how clean or dirty they are, may not be suitable for every kind of setting. Perhaps this defeats the point in your perspective, but it’s good to be mindful of the potential situations the nickname may be used in. For example, you may not (or you very well may) want to use a funny nickname in a speech if you're the best man at the nicknamee’s wedding. If you find yourself in a situation where it may not seem appropriate, stick with the real name and keep the nickname outside of the particular situation.
Funny nicknames are perfect to give to school friends or even the guys in your Fantasy Football league. They are meant to lighten the mood and keep the time spent together fun and enjoyable. Giving funny nicknames always comes with the potential of the nickname sticking like gum to a shoe, becoming a part of that person no matter where they go, so hopefully whatever name assigned is something they won’t mind!
Funny Guy Nicknames
Funny Girl Nicknames
Tips for Coming up With a Nickname
Giving a nickname might not really seem like a process, but there is a way to do it! While many nicknames will just comes as a result of some good times spent with friends, if you are trying to come up with funny nicknames for someone, here’s a few things to consider:
- Purpose: Is the nickname self-given for a gamertag or screen name, or is it being given to a teammate on a sports team or in an office environment? This should be factored into the name to keep it appropriate for the scenario in which it will be used.
- Personality: What’s their personality like? A nickname should either perfectly suit a personality or be the complete opposite of it for more humor. Naming a huge bodybuilder “Tiny” would seem quite silly, wouldn’t it?
- Interests/hobbies: Sometimes this falls right in line with the “What’s it for” category, but it’s definitely something that needs to be taken into consideration when giving a nickname. It will not only help with finding a suitable nickname, but it can also make it easier if you think about the types of things that interests include. A good bowler might be called “Turkey.”
- Mannerisms: We all have things about ourselves that we don’t even notice because we’re not sitting back observing ourselves. Rest assured that others are, though, and any funny mannerisms are fair game in the nickname realm!
- Favorites: Have an affinity for The Simpsons? "Doh!" Choose a nickname based on your favorite character! Maybe you're a fan of Mountain Dew, nickname yourself, "The Dewd!" Nicknames based on your favorite show, movie, food, or game, are funny and personalized just for you!
All things considered, nicknames are generally really fun and a great way to express a special bond with those around you! Most of us have had some kind of nickname at some point in our lives, whether it was given by our parents or friends. Most often, a nickname is just a variant of our first name, truncated or otherwise similar. Nicknames should be so much more, though, especially when it comes to friends and fun co-workers!
How About Some Nicknames for Best Friends?
... on April 29, 2020:
mr.nobody on April 19, 2020:
sorry i didnt like the names i liked only gump and these arnt funny please next time add fuuny and creative one but nice try can you add farty pants or anything be creative and never give up on you dreams
Poop on March 30, 2020:
These are nit
ur nightmare on March 22, 2020:
Wait...ma'am I'm sorry to say but these ain't funny I know that u must have tried really hard for these but they really don't sound funny
Random Girl on January 09, 2020:
Oh wow. “So funny.” Nice try? No offense but they’re worse than what I come up with...
#Corny on November 23, 2019:
These really aren’t that funny. Try to find some that are kinda like “Drama Llama Ding Dong” for example.
mommacito on November 19, 2019:
baby maker? we dont necessarily "make" the babies
Lollipop on September 23, 2019:
Get a mushroom and flush it down the toilet because these names are not funny so your new job is flushing down potatoes
boom on August 31, 2019:
these names ain't funny tf
Edith on August 28, 2019:
You should have added Farty to the boys'
carol on August 27, 2019:
You should have added Care Bear to the girls one
Chloe on July 19, 2019:
Amelia on July 10, 2019:
What is my nico
Hookup on June 30, 2019:
Flump on May 21, 2019:
Mooo on May 16, 2019:
pepe the frog
Hi on May 02, 2019:
bill on April 16, 2019:
Lucas on March 19, 2019:
Has blue hair
Unknown on March 11, 2019:
Funny Girl Nicknames:
Sabirin Daahir on March 10, 2019:
Leo on March 04, 2019:
I found a name called jasmy
benedict on February 23, 2019:
what about mac monnies
SPIDER_PIG FLANDERS on February 19, 2019:
i got the best name
Bhabiie Angel on February 06, 2019:
Follow me on instagram @Bhabiie_Angel
chiefjeans on November 04, 2018:
we should add chiefjeans and the Shrimp
oof on October 16, 2018:
follow me on insta : Jasmine_Xavier6544
my soundtrap: Jasmine_Xavier❣️
jayda on October 04, 2018:
so funny i found a name for everyone in my class 1 form
Mr.Poopbutthole on September 19, 2018:
Eggnose on September 15, 2018:
qwerty on September 06, 2018:
hvuskhvbdadvda on August 30, 2018:
Molly on July 31, 2018:
Mooki on July 07, 2018:
Susan Menzel on June 27, 2018:
Cameron hunt on May 30, 2018:
Big guy beat
thomas on May 27, 2018:
how about taco
meeeee on May 26, 2018:
Can we add "Lilypad"? my friend had that nickname.
toes on February 24, 2018:
what about big head
Jemmmz on October 30, 2017:
What about the womb raider?
Milena Todorova on September 03, 2017:
How about "Notcy"?
Steve on June 21, 2017:
What about "Plumpy"?
Kieran Roberts on May 16, 2017:
They were shocking nick names
Ralph Schwartz from Idaho Falls, Idaho on September 22, 2015:
Very funny - I found myself chuckling at some of those names and remembered my school days and some of the oddly funny ones my group of buddies had.