Funny nicknames really have a way to get a point across, don’t they? They can be rude and crude but still somehow socially acceptable! Maybe not for the recipient, but you’re bound to get a few chuckles out of people when they first catch wind of someone’s funny nickname!
Funny nicknames, depending on how clean or dirty they are, may not be suitable for every kind of setting. Perhaps this defeats the point in your perspective, but it’s good to be mindful of the potential situations the nickname may be used in. For example, you may not (or you very well may) want to use a funny nickname in a speech if you're the best man at the nicknamee’s wedding. If you find yourself in a situation where it may not seem appropriate, stick with the real name and keep the nickname outside of the particular situation.
Funny nicknames are perfect to give to school friends or even the guys in your Fantasy Football league. They are meant to lighten the mood and keep the time spent together fun and enjoyable. Giving funny nicknames always comes with the potential of the nickname sticking like gum to a shoe, becoming a part of that person no matter where they go, so hopefully whatever name assigned is something they won’t mind!
Funny Guy Nicknames
Funny Girl Nicknames
Tips for Coming up With a Nickname
Giving a nickname might not really seem like a process, but there is a way to do it! While many nicknames will just comes as a result of some good times spent with friends, if you are trying to come up with funny nicknames for someone, here’s a few things to consider:
- Purpose: Is the nickname self-given for a gamertag or screen name, or is it being given to a teammate on a sports team or in an office environment? This should be factored into the name to keep it appropriate for the scenario in which it will be used.
- Personality: What’s their personality like? A nickname should either perfectly suit a personality or be the complete opposite of it for more humor. Naming a huge bodybuilder “Tiny” would seem quite silly, wouldn’t it?
- Interests/hobbies: Sometimes this falls right in line with the “What’s it for” category, but it’s definitely something that needs to be taken into consideration when giving a nickname. It will not only help with finding a suitable nickname, but it can also make it easier if you think about the types of things that interests include. A good bowler might be called “Turkey.”
- Mannerisms: We all have things about ourselves that we don’t even notice because we’re not sitting back observing ourselves. Rest assured that others are, though, and any funny mannerisms are fair game in the nickname realm!
- Favorites: Have an affinity for The Simpsons? "Doh!" Choose a nickname based on your favorite character! Maybe you're a fan of Mountain Dew, nickname yourself, "The Dewd!" Nicknames based on your favorite show, movie, food, or game, are funny and personalized just for you!
All things considered, nicknames are generally really fun and a great way to express a special bond with those around you! Most of us have had some kind of nickname at some point in our lives, whether it was given by our parents or friends. Most often, a nickname is just a variant of our first name, truncated or otherwise similar. Nicknames should be so much more, though, especially when it comes to friends and fun co-workers!