How to Write a Meaningful, Powerful Letter to Your Sorority Sister
Why a Sorority Sister Means So Much
Being in a sorority means having a circle of women to support you. These Greek women deserve to know how powerful they are personally and how meaningful their relationship is to you. This article will help you to write a sentimental letter to express yourself to a sorority sister. Here's how to write a meaningful, powerful letter to your sorority sister. A well written letter is a meaningful gift and a lost art.
Memories That Last a Lifetime
How to Write Your Letter to Your Sorority Sister
- Begin the letter with a very special memory. It's important to begin your letter by stating how important your sister is to you. Open up to her, and let your heart show.
- Follow it up with a personal message. This should relate to your relationship, perhaps a joke you share or a lesson she taught you.
- Use expressive language. It's important to show your sorority sister how much she means to you, and will continue to mean to you even when you're apart. She should know how special she is to you.
- Use specific examples. This should include moments when you felt truly lucky to be a part of her life. Describe memories that the two of you have shared, like the night she became a member or your little sister. Remember times that were special: like a vacation for spring break, when you stayed up all night studying, or a night where you laughed until you cried.
- Tell her how special she is. As young college women, we are often insecure and lonely. Tell her how important she is, how much she is cared for, and that you feel so lucky to have her. It's important to always let your loved ones know just how much they mean to you.
- Thank her specifically for all that she has done for you. Conclude the letter with thanking her for everything that she's done. Always write from the heart and express how much she means to you. Finish with an expression of your feelings.
Sorority Sister Quotations
Demonstrate how you feel about her by using loving quotations such as:
- "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss
- "Every sister has a fund of embarassing stories that she can bring out at the most effective moment." - Pamela Dugdale
- "We are sisters. We will always be sisters. Our differences will never go away, but neither, for me, will our song." - Elizabeth Fishel
- "You should never look down on a sister, unless it's to help her up."
- "Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
- “Because there's one thing stronger than magic: sisterhood." - Robin Benway
- "From the outside looking in, you can never understand it. From the inside looking out, you can never explain it."
- "If I paid for my friends, I didn't pay enough."
- "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing's going to get better- it's not!" -The Lorax, Dr. Seuss
No matter what, they always had each other. How did people get through life without sisters?— Michelle Madow
How to Write a Meaningful, Power Letter to Your Sorority Sister
Sorority life includes participating in sporting and philanthropic events, bonding over chick flicks and attending parties together. Being a member of a Greek organization means always having a study buddy, someone with whom to watch the big game, and an instant group of women to share your life with.
Joining a sorority gives you a tie that binds you for life. It has dramatic moments, but more often than not, these are the women who pick up the pieces when things begin to shatter. Make sure that you tell them how much they mean to you. These letters are excellent to share over summer break or as a token of appreciation during the holiday season.
I hope you feel confident writing a meaningful letter to your sorority sister. Have any tips? Leave them below in the comments!
© 2013 Caitlin Goodwin