250+ Alternative Ways to Say "Yes"
When you agree to something, you say yes. When you want to give an affirmative response, you say yes. When you ought to express a positive statement, you say yes.
You see, the word “yes” has many forms and functions. It's not the only word you can utter when you wish to affirm something. You can choose to be creative and unique. You possess the power to expand your vocabulary.
This collection of alternative ways to say “Yes” shall help you on your way to becoming well-spoken! There’s a multitude of yes-words here, just waiting to be used by you in your everyday life.
Assorted Ways of Saying “Yes”
How to Say “Yes” in Other Languages
- Ae - Hawaiian. Pronounced "Aye."
- Ano - Czech and Slovak. Pronounced "Ah-noh."
- Ayo - Armenian. Pronounced "Ah-yoh."
- Baht/Jah - Khmer. Pronounced "Baht" (Male) and "Jah."
- Da - Croatian and Russian. Pronounced "Dah."
- Evet - Turkish. Pronounced "Ae-wet."
- Haan - Hindi. Pronounced "Ha-an."
- Hai - Japanese. Pronounced "Hi."
- Hanji - Punjabi. Pronounced "Haan-jih."
- Igen - Hungarian. Pronounced "Ih-gehn."
- Is ea - Irish. Pronounced "See."
- Iya Ni - Indonesian. Pronounced "Ih-yah Ni."
- Ja - German. Pronounced "Yah."
- Ken - Hebrew. Pronounced "Ken."
- Na'am - Arabic. Pronounced "Nam."
- Nai - Greek. Pronounced "Nae."
- Oo - Filipino. Pronounced "Awe-awe."
- Oui - French. Pronounced "We."
- Shi - Chinese. Pronounced "Shi."
- Si - Italian and Spanish. Pronounced "See."
- Sim - Portugese. Pronounced "Sing."
- Tak - Polish. Pronounced "Tak."
- Ya - Malaysian. Pronounced "Yah."
- Ye/Ne - Korean. Pronounced "Ye" (Formal) or "Ne" (Standard).
Humorous Ways to Say “Yes”
- Alright, let’s seal this deal with a kiss.
- Amen to that!
- As you wish.
- Ask me that again, but in a sexier voice. *wink*
- Aye aye, captain!
- But first, let me tell you that my “yes” is quite expensive.
- Do I strike you as a no-person? Nope? Then there’s your answer!
- Everything’s okay now. I’m here to save you!
- For the love of...wait...are you serious?!
- Heck, you bet-cha, matey!
- Hells to the yes!
- Hot digitty!
- How could I ever say "no" to a hot guy/gal like you?
- How much is this going to cost me?
- How much will you pay me?
- I do.
- I hear and obey.
- I heard you the first time!
- I'll definitely regret this, but—YOLO—let's do this!
- I’m telling you now, I won’t be responsible for the consequences.
- If I was a jerk, I would say no to this one.
- If there’s there’s a hefty reward, then count me in!
- Just say the word and I’ll even have your babies.
- Let’s say I agreed to this. But, can I change my mind later?
- Let’s begin talking about the payment terms then.
- Make sure that we won’t going to prison for this.
- My guts tell me that that you're worth all the trouble.
- My pet agrees, so I’m saying yes!
- Oh yeah, baby!
- Only a fool would say no.
- Only if you kiss my butt.
- Only if you let me sign a waiver stating that I won’t be held liable for anything.
- Simon says...yes!
- Take off your clothes and I’ll think about it.
- Thought you'd never ask!
- True dat!
- Truth bomb!
- Well, praise the good lord!
- Who put you up to this?
- Will you kiss me if I say yes?
- Yeah, yeah, yeah!
- Yes, I will marry you!
- Yes, my liege.
- Yes, your highness.
- Yes, your honor.
- Yes, you majesty.
- You are going to regret asking me this.
- You can deposit the payment to my bank account later.
- You called?
- Your wish is my command.
- You won’t kill me if I say yes, right?
Clever and Witty Ways to Say “Yes”
- Am I not raising both my thumbs up?
- Am I not vigorously nodding my head up and down?
- Ask and you will receive.
- Come on, humor me!
- Do airplanes fly?
- Do birds fly?
- Do fish swim?
- Does a monk seek enlightenment?
- Definitely not NO!
- Even the greatest villain in the world won’t stop me from saying yes to you.
- I would be lying if I said no.
- I would love to, but there’s got to be another way to do it without killing myself.
- If I gave you a letter Y, a letter E, and a letter S, what word would you have?
- If you want me to say yes, then you better put a ring on it!
- I’ll go with the other choice besides no.
- I'm a yes-man!
- I’m at your behest.
- I’m giving you the go signal.
- Is snow white?
- Is the hypotenuse the longest side of a triangle?
- Is the sky blue?
- Is the sun hot?
- Is water wet?
- It’s fine now. Why? Because I’m here!
- It's most likely a yes, but I'll have to ask my people to call your people for a discussion.
- How about yes?
- How do you spell yes?
- How do you say “sey” backwards?
- Lead the way and I shall follow.
- Let me spell it out for you, Y-E-S!
- My answer is the opposite of no.
- Probably yes, but I will have to consult my lawyer first.
- Put your pinky finger on my pinky finger, and let’s do a pinky swear.
- What does the smile on my face say?
- You gotta do better than that if you want me to say yes.
- You see, I am very agreeable.
What to Say Instead of “Yes”
- *claps hands*
- *nod up and down*
- *thumbs up*
- A billion times, yes.
- A gazillion times, yes.
- A million times, yes.
- A thousand times, yes.
- Aye sir!
- Beyond a doubt.
- Bring it!
- Bring it on!
- By all means.
- Count me in!
- Double positive!
- Fair enough!
- Goddamg right!
- Good to go.
- Here’s to a “Y.” Here’s to an “E.” Here’s to an “S.” Here’s to a “Y-E-S!”
- High five!
- I accede.
- I agree.
- I approve.
- I assent.
- I am very tempted by your offer.
- I concur.
- I couldn’t agree more.
- I don't mind if I do.
- I shall.
- I subscribe to that.
- I will.
- I'd love that.
- I'd love to.
- It's on!
- Let the happy times roll!
- Let the games begin!
- My answer's in the affirmative.
- My answer's leaning on yes.
- My thoughts exactly!
- My vote is on you.
- Oh, yeah!
- Okay, I'm in!
- Please do.
- Right on the moolah!
- Rock and roll!
- Say no more. I’m here.
- Sure, I can.
- Sure, no problem.
- The bet is on!
- There’s no need for you to say another word. I’m always here for you.
- Very well-developed!
- We are in agreement.
- We have a deal!
- Well and good.
- Well then, what are we waiting for?
- Well, well...that’s the nicest offer I’ve received all day.
- Why not?!
- Without a doubt!
- Yes, indeed!
- You ain't kidding!
- You bet!
- You're on!
- You've got a point there.
Other Ways of Saying "Yes"