Cheeky Kid is a cybernaut who spends a lot of time browsing the web, grasping infinite information, and reveling in entertainment and fun.
When you are in a disagreement about something with another person, you say no. When you’re announcing an unfavorable response, you say no. When you want to express a negative sentiment, you say no.
Just like many other words, “no” has an awful lot of forms and functions. It’s not the only word you can articulate when you want to negate something. You can choose to be imaginative and unique. You possess the power to expand your vocabulary.
This collection of different ways to say “no” shall help you on your path to becoming well-spoken! There’s a host of different synonyms for the word "no" here, just waiting for you to use them in your daily life.
Assorted Ways of Saying “No”
How to Say “No” in Other Languages
- A’ole – Hawaiian. Pronounced “Ae-oleh.”
- Ani – Korean. Pronounced “Ah-nee.”
- Bu – Chinese. Pronounced “Bu.”
- Hapana – Swahili. Pronounced “Ha-pah-nah.”
- Het – Russian. Pronounced “Nyet.”
- Hindi – Filipino. Pronounced “Hin-dee.”
- Iie – Japanese. Pronounced “Ee-yeh.”
- Jo – Albanian. Pronounced “Yoh.”
- La – Arabic. Pronounced “Laa.”
- Mi – Thai. Pronounced “Mah-hee.
- Nahi – Hindi. Pronounced “Na-hin.”
- Não – Portuguese. Pronounced “Now.”
- Ne – Czech. Pronounced “Neh.”
- Nej – Swedish. Pronounced “Nay.”
- Nein – German. Pronounced “Nine.”
- Nie – Polish. Pronounced “Nyeh.”
- No – Italian. Pronounced “Noh.”
- Non – French. Pronounced “Non.”
- Nu – Romanian. Pronounced “Noo.”
- Te – Khmer. Pronounced “Tey.”
- Tidak – Indonesian. Pronounced “Tee-dak.”
- Voch – Armenian. Pronounced “Votch.”
Humorous Ways to Say “No”
- Abso-f*cking-lutely not!
- Are you joking right now? Because you’re hilarious!
- Are you crazy?!
- Ask me again when you’re older.
- Can’t you see I’m busy breathing over here?
- Choppy, choppy, the reception’s weak. Bye!
- Dear, even if you do a sexy dance right in front of me, I won’t do what you want.
- Even Simon says no.
- Heads, it’s a no. Tails, it’s also a no.
- I can’t, I have to walk my unicorn at the park today.
- I just asked my cat and it didn’t agree.
- I just asked my dog and it said no.
- I might have considered your proposal if you’re hot. But unfortunately, you’re not.
- I think I’ll just find an area of the sea full of sharks to dive into instead.
- I was taught by my parents and teachers to always say no to drugs.
- I won’t, not even if you take all of your clothes off!
- I’d bet you a thousand bucks that I will say no.
- I’d rather jump in a lion pit!
- I’m sorry, but you just used up all three of your wishes. *poof*
- If it’s not on the plate, it can wait.
- If it requires me to move from this relaxed position of mine, then no.
- If you kiss me in the butt, then I’ll think about it.
- My alter ego says no.
- My cat is having puppies, I have to go!
- No thanks, I don’t do drugs anymore.
- No, I will not make out with you.
- Not today, Satan!
- Now watch me whip, now watch me no-no.
- Objection, your honor!
- Only if you offer a human sacrifice.
- Only if you pay me thirteen gold bars.
- So long, sucker!
- Sorry, I don’t make deals with demons.
- Sorry, I have to walk my goldfish.
- The voices in my head have come into an agreement, and it’s a no.
- Ummm, do I know you?
- What do you think you are? A Nigerian Prince?!
- Who are you? My mom?
- Who just died and made you the boss of me?
- Why are you asking me that? You can’t even afford me.
- You have to make an appointment first. Go talk to my nonexistent secretary for the details.
Clever and Witty Ways to Say “No”
- A resounding NO!
- After tough deliberations, my decision is no.
- Are boxes round?
- As per my previous email, no.
- Bold of you to assume I’d say yes.
- Can you see which direction my two thumbs are pointing? Down, right?
- Definitely not me!
- Do I look like a yes-man to you? Nope? There you have it!
- Do you know what season it is? It’s the season of NO!
- Do you know what the opposite of yes is?
- Go find someone more gullible to do your bidding.
- Go talk to the hand!
- How do you say “on” backwards?
- How do you spell no?
- I am disinclined to acquiesce your request.
- I just came back from the future and my future self said no.
- I trust my instincts, so no.
- I’d rather commit sepukku.
- I’ll be grounded for a whole week if I say yes.
- I’ll definitely end up in prison if I do that.
- I’ll go with the other option besides yes.
- I’m sorry but you must have mistaken me for someone who cares.
- I’m too incompetent for that!
- If I gave you a letter N and a letter O, what would you have?
- If I say yes, they’ll kill me.
- If I was a saint, I would say yes to that.
- Is a feather heavy?
- Is fire cold?
- Is snow black?
- Is the black hole white?
- Is the devil kind-hearted?
- Is there water on the sun?
- It seems the stars aren’t on your side today.
- I’ve stopped doing things that I don’t love long ago.
- I would be lying if I said yes.
- Lamentably, I am not fit for the job.
- Listen closely and let me spell it out for you, N-O!
- My answer’s the same as the opposite of positive.
- My parents said no.
- My spider senses tell me that is a bad idea.
- Not my chair, not my problem.
- Not my cup of tea, darling.
- On a scale of maybe to absolutely, I would say—absolutely not!
- Only an idiot would agree.
- Regrettably, I’m a no-man.
- Sadly, I don’t say ‘yes’ on days that end in Y.
- Sorry, I don’t love you anymore.
- Sorry, I’m fully booked for the day.
- Sorry, try again next time.
- That seems exciting, but I am going to be very busy not doing that.
- That’s a very wonderful question, but no!
- There’s a ten thousand percent chance that I’m going to say ‘no’ to that.
- Today’s definitely not your lucky day.
- Unfortunately, my timetable is loaded with better things.
- Watch me not say yes for the longest time.
- Well, knock me down with a feather.
- What does the scowl on my face say?
- What part of the word ‘no’ do you not understand?
- Who gives a rat’s ass?
- Why, heavens no!
- You do realize that I hate you, right?
- Your transaction has been declined. *beep*
- You’re fired!
What to Say Instead of “No”
- *Thumbs Down*
- Are you kidding me?
- Begone, knave!
- By no means.
- Count me out.
- Don’t hold your breath.
- Frankly, my dear, no.
- F*ck off!
- Get out!
- Here’s a penny. Go ask someone else.
- How about no?
- I abhor that idea.
- I am under no responsibility to do your bidding.
- I beg to disagree.
- I can’t.
- I couldn’t disagree more.
- I couldn’t possibly.
- I disagree.
- I disapprove.
- I don’t subscribe to that.
- I doubt that.
- I hate you.
- I object.
- I rebuke you in the name of the lord!
- I shant.
- I should not.
- I strongly disagree.
- I suppose not.
- I will not!
- I would not.
- I’m a very disagreeable person, you know.
- I’m busy, shoo!
- I’m out.
- Kill me now.
- Leave now, or regret it.
- My answer’s in the negative.
- My answer’s leaning on no.
- My tummy hurts. I need to go to the toilet.
- Never in my lifetime.
- No means no.
- No way, Jose!
- Not a chance.
- Not at all.
- Not by any means.
- Not in a billion years.
- Not in a gazillion years.
- Not in a hundred years.
- Not in a million years.
- Not in a thousand years.
- Not in any degree.
- Not in any way.
- Not in this lifetime.
- Not on your nelly.
- Not worth my time!
- Now, why in the world would I do that?
- Please don’t.
- Sadly, I’m allergic to your bullsh*t.
- Scram, pest!
- Sorry, I don’t feel good today.
- Sounds like effort, no.
- The deal is off!
- There is no.
- There’s a time and place for everything, but not now.
- Under no circumstances.
- We don’t quite share the same thoughts.
- What the?!
- You get no vote for that!
- You’re joking!
- You’ve got to be kidding!
Other Ways of Saying "No"