100 Reasons I Love My Boyfriend
A couple of weeks ago, it was my boyfriends birthday. I couldn't think of anything to write in his birthday card other than the usual "I love you," so I thought I'd tell him exactly how much I love him. I didn't intend to carry on for a hundred different points, but I got to ninety without realising and decided to go on and do 100 to make it more of a round number. He loved it and thought it was a really sweet thing to do. Of course, then he ruined the mood by joking that he wouldn't be able to think of that many for me. If you are like my beloved boyfriend and can't think of enough reasons, feel free to take some inspiration from this list or steal a couple of my points.
Love happens at such a deep level beyond logic or reasons that it can be tough to figure out exactly why you love a person. For this article, I decided to divide my list into themes to make it easier for other people to think up their own reasons. The themes are all kind of reasons in themselves. They each complete the sentence: "I love..."
- Who You Are: What do you like about your boyfriend's personality? His passions, his looks, the things he does outside of your relationship?
- Our Connection: Do you and your boyfriend have a special connection? What are your songs? What reminds you of him?
- How You Make Me Feel: How do you feel when you're with your boyfriend? Let him know!
- How You Support Me: Having a supportive partner can make all the different in the world. Let your boyfriend know how much you appreciate his support.
- When We're Alone: Feel free to be as sexy and scandalous as you like. What does he do when you're alone together that really works for you?
- When You're Silly: Sometimes the silliest, most mundane things about a person are what we love the most. Do you appreciate his sense of humor? Maybe you secretly love it even when he annoys you.
- All the Little Things: These are the little moments of daily life that make you stop and realize how much you love this person.
Who You Are
These are a few things about my boyfriend's personality that always make me happy. These reasons don't necessarily have anything to do with our relationship. They are just reasons I love my boyfriend because of who he is.
1. The way you smell.
2. How you light up the whole room when you smile.
3. How you still get shy about things.
4. How you’re always just adorably cute.
5. Your gorgeous eyes.
6. How you are yourself around everyone and wouldn’t change for anyone.
7. The way you laugh when I tickle you.
8. How you laugh in general.
9. When you cry.
10. The look in your eyes before you kiss me.
My boyfriend and I have an amazing connection. Sometimes I can feel the love in the room just looking at him. He knows all my secrets and I know all of his. We can be ourselves when we're together.
11. That you tell me secrets that your friends don’t even know.
12. How I can trust you with my life.
13. How you need me.
14. How you haven’t given up on me yet.
15. That you can have any girl that you want, but you still choose me.
16. That we miss each other even when we saw each other yesterday.
17. How you’ll always be there for me to talk to.
18. When you talk to me about kids.
19. That you mean more to me than anything else in the world.
20. How you always have the right thing to say to me.
21. That you’d stand up for me in an argument, whether I was right or wrong.
22. How we stay up too late talking about our future.
23. When we talk on the phone for hours, even though it only feels like ten minutes.
24. That you still love me even though you’ve seen me looking terrible.
25. How you say, ‘I love you, sweetie.’
26. That you can’t stay in a mood with me for long.
27. Our memories.
28. Our plans.
29. How we just can’t leave each other.
30. That over time, as I look at you, I love you more and more.
How You Make Me Feel
Just being in the same room as my boyfriend makes me feel protected and safe. He knows how to make me laugh despite myself, and he always knows how to make me feel special.
31. When you kiss me and the whole world disappears and everything is perfect.
32. How you can get me out of a bad mood (even if it’s you who put me in it).
33. That just thinking about you makes me smile.
34. How you can always make a bad day good.
35. The way your arms feel around me.
36. The way I feel safe when I’m with you.
37. How you always know how to make me laugh.
38. That you always tell me I look beautiful (even when I blatantly don’t!).
39. That you make me feel like the most special girl in the world.
40. How you can always make my troubles go away with ‘I love you.’
41. How you’ve helped me remember who I really am, not who other people want me to be.
42. When you hold my hand.
How You Support Me
I know I can always count on my boyfriend to have my back. He supports and encourages me more than anyone else ever has. Here are some of the many ways he supports me.
43. That you comfort me when I cry for no reason on the phone.
44. How you always know when something is wrong.
45. That your letters never fail to make me cry.
46. How you hold me when I’m scared.
47. How you tell me everything will be ok.
48. How you forgive me straight away when I do something that makes you angry.
49. That you respect my feelings.
50. When you explain things to me when I get confused.
51. How you cope with my stresses.
52. How you make an effort with my friends.
53. When you put me first.
54. When you dance with me even though you don’t want to.
55. How you listen to my opinions and don’t ignore me because I’m a girl.
56. How you love me just the way I am.
57. That you always give me your jacket when I’m cold.
58. How you give me the choice of what we should do.
59. The times when we’ve both been so low but, somehow, you managed to make me smile.
60. How you treat me like no one else has treated me, like I actually matter.
When We're Alone
If you start thinking about your alone time with your boyfriend, I can guarantee you'll think of some great things to write. Don't be embarrassed! If there's something he does that really turns you on or makes you feel great, you should let him know what he's doing right! I'm only including my tamer reasons in this article, but you should feel free to get as sexy as you like. He'll love it.
61. The cute face you make when you're trying to take off my bra.
62. Our bed.
63. When you give me a massage (more often please!).
64. When you stare into my eyes for ages.
65. How I’m not afraid to be myself when I’m with you…alone….in our bed.
66. That when we lie together, we fit perfectly.
67. When you smell my hair.
68. Your ridiculous, angry-looking sex face.
69. That you know exactly what turns me on.
70. That I could just lie with you forever.
When You're Silly
These are some of the sillier things I love about my boyfriend. This list probably has some crossover with the one below. Little things and silly moments make up so much of our lives. I think it's important to let my boyfriend know that they add up to make our relationship wonderful.
71. That we argue about who loves who most.
72. Your nicknames for me… SUNBEAM!
73. How you let me watch what I want: Moulin Rouge, Sex and the City, Supernanny, etc.
74. When you laugh at me when I get things wrong. (Who’s fighting in Afghanistan?)
75. How you don’t take crap from anyone, except me… lol.
76. When we wrestle.
77. When you let me beat you when we wrestle.
78. When you get mayonnaise on your chips.
79. When I have to lean over when you have crotch pants.
80. How you talk to my face, not my boobs (most of the time).
All the Little Things
This last section brings together all the little moments and tiny gestures that show me how much my boyfriend truly loves me. I want him to know that I notice all the little efforts he makes and that they mean a lot to me.
81. When you text me like five minutes after I’ve left your house.
82. When you don’t wake me up when I fall asleep at your house.
83. When you embarrass me at the park.
84. When we play with Alfie the dog.
85. When we watch a romantic film.
86. When you play our songs.
87. When you ask about my family.
88. Going for meals with your parents.
89. Our walks to the shop.
90. When you secretly buy me things.
91. Being in the car with you.
92. The writing you painted on my bed.
93. Your letters.
94. Your texts.
95. When you annoy me on purpose.
96. When you share your candy with me.
97. When we sit in your garden.
98. When you walk in the common room and give me that cheeky smile.
99. Our nights in.
100. Everything you do that makes you the most amazing boyfriend in the world!
God, reading over this again brings back all the amazing memories we've had together. If you're with someone that you truly love, let them know how important they are to you! Tell them every day how much you love them. I love my boyfriend, and I will never let him go.