My name is Tatiana, but my friends and family call me Tutta. I like writing articles that help bring people closer together.
There’s something about having a crush on someone that adds a thrill to your day. The adrenaline rush you get when they pass by you while you just cannot muster up the courage to say just exactly how you feel.
Oh, and the anticipation that you feel when you can’t see them, longing for that moment that you can catch a few seconds of that much-needed eye contact with them—that eye contact that lets you know that you really do have a chance with them.
It’s a matter of finding the right timing paired with the perfect things to say, but how do you know what the perfect thing is? Here's how to figure out cute things to say to your crush:
- Tell the truth: The best thing is to stick with the truth, and avoid telling them something solely because you think they would like to hear it. If they cannot accept you for being yourself and being truthful, chances are, it’s best that you leave them in your fantasy.
- Be sweet: You won’t get your crush to like you if you are mean to them, even if this is your way of flirting. Be your sweet self and it shouldn’t be a problem! If it is a problem, reread the last tip.
- Avoid being cheesy: All of those pickup lines that celebrities used toward each other on TV that seemingly worked don’t work. They are cheesy, undesirable, and unoriginal. Just don’t.
- Be original: Find a way to schmooze your crush in a way that nobody has attempted to schmooze them before. Release your inner schmoozer!
- Be creative: Sometimes a sweet letter is enough, but sometimes it takes a little more. Just avoid anything that might embarrass your crush, or worse, embarrass yourself!
Now that you know how to think of cute things to say to your crush, what will you say? Surely, you have to say something!
Need some ideas? Here’s a list of cute things to say to your crush:
Read More From Pairedlife
Sometimes is just as simple as dropping a compliment. It shows that you notice little things, and it will definitely go noticed!
- Your hair is so lustrous and falls perfectly around your beautiful face.
- I like your shoes.
- You look great in that dress!
- I see you got your nails done, they look nice!
- Your smile can light up a thousand rooms.
- I love your style, you’re so unique.
- I saw you dancing at the coffee shop, I love how carefree you dance, like nobody is watching, like nothing else matters in the moment.
- You have a very nice voice, I’d love to hear you sing.
- I wear mismatched socks, too!
- I love the way you style your hair, it’s very becoming!
Ask Them Out
There are times when you hit the moment just perfectly and there presents a small, open window of opportunity to ask your crush out, do it!
- I’d love it if you would come with me to see (movie title)!
- Would you like to grab a bite to eat for dinner? My treat.
- How about we go to the coffee shop Sunday morning and get to know each other.
- Do you like to dance? Let’s hit the club!
- Would you go with me to watch the sunset? I just want to see the sunset in a more beautiful view.
- How about we play a few rounds of mini golf? The night is on me!
- I have two concert tickets to see (band name) but nobody to go with, would you like to go with me?
- I’d love it if you came for a walk on the beach with me, it’s one of the best places to get to know someone.
- Come have dinner, I’m cooking! Bring nothing but an appetite, I’ll take care of the rest.
- Oh, you love hockey, too? Why don’t you come to the (team name) game with me this week, I have another ticket!
Earlier, I had mentioned pickup lines being a big no-no, but that’s specifically for the cheesy ones. There’s plenty of pickup lines you can use that will win over your crush.
- You must be a camera because you make me smile!
- Do you bathe in sugar? Because you are very sweet!
- You must get a ticket every time you drive because you have fine written all over you!
- You are so pretty that I forgot the pickup line I was about to say to you!
- I need to call heaven because they lost an angel!
When you don’t know someone so well, it’s hard to think of the perfect thing to say to them that won’t scare them away. Play it safe at first to see if or what the boundaries might be. Start by saying something that will make your crush blush!