100+ Fun At-Home Date Night Ideas
Making Memories Anywhere!
At-home date nights are when some of the most memorable moments in a relationship occur! After all, you’ve reached a level in your relationship where you feel comfortable letting them in your house, going to their house and vice versa! You’re opening up to allow them to see where you live and how you live—well, maybe a slightly more polished version of your usual living quarters.
They have an opportunity to see how you organize things, what you choose to surround yourself with, the pictures you hang, experience whatever smells or scents that may be present which your nose has grown used to, underneath *sniff sniff* Febreez?
Anyway, you’re here for fun at-home date night ideas, so here is a list of a bunch of ideas for date nights at home categorized for you!
10 Easy, At-Home Date Ideas for Those Crazy, Busy Days
What’s more fun than always going on regular dates? Going on double dates! It’s even better when you host a Couples Game Night/Fun Night at home and don’t have to go anywhere! Need some ideas that are fun for couples?
Couples Game Night Ideas
- Sick and Twisted Charades
- Exploding Kittens
- Apples to Apples
- Cards Against Humanity
- Video games such as Mario Kart
- Card games such as Poker
- Lawn Darts
- Kan Jam
- Rent an inflatable such as a bounce house or giant slide
- Mini wine-tasting with lots of complimentary snacks
- Pool Party
- Bonfire with S’Mores
Games for Two
If a game night sounds fun but you’re seeking more of a personal night with your date, then consider getting comfy in some pajama pants and trying some of these ideas out (also consider the ideas in the Couples Fun Night category)!
Games to Play Together
- Board games
- 2-player video games such as Mario
- Laser Tag
- Truth or Dare
- 20 Questions
- Staring Contest
- Playing Card Games
- Magic the Gathering
- Drinking Games
- “Get to know you” Games
- This or That?
- Would You Rather?
- Never Have I Ever
- Scavenger Hunt (it can end anywhere *wink wink*!)
- Bar/Arcade games such as darts, pool, air hockey, etc.
Cookie together is a great way to incorporate teamwork and communication into your relationship. There’s no way to cook with someone without talking, so make it a date to cook the meal that you both enjoy together! Here are some tasty ideas to try!
Cooking Date Ideas
- Make-your-own pizza
- Sushi for beginners
- Try a new Pinterest recipe
- Bake and decorate cupcakes
- Make a big cake together
- Fondue night
- Backyard grill and chill
- Fancy pie designs (this always turns out hilarious for me!)
- Cookie cutter sugar cookies
- Design pancakes
- Ice cream sundae buffet
- Kabobs (you can’t not have fun with kabobs! It’s even fun to say)
- DIY Chinese cuisine (egg rolls are fun!)
- Cook a mystery meal for each other
- Make your own soft pretzels (and have fun with the shapes!)
Watching movies on a date has been a “thing” ever since movies really came out, so by watching films together, you’re keeping up with old traditions! Movie nights at home are fun and relaxing, and the popcorn is soooo much cheaper! Pair your favorite movies with fun foods to give your date a fun flair!
Movie Night Ideas at Home
- "Lady and the Tramp" goes with a spaghetti dinner, of course
- Add meatballs to the above for “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs”
- Watch "Serendipity" with hot cocoa
- Serve Shrimp Gumbo (or shrimp anything!) and watch “Forrest Gump”
- Eat lots of colorful foods to put color in your “50 Shades of Grey” night
- For Willy Wonka (or Charlie) and the Chocolate Factory, try chocolate fondue with lots of treats!
- Ratatouille should accompany French food
- Binge watch Stranger Things while snacking on Eggo waffles
Everyone has fun in water! If you have a fun source of water at your disposal, why not try planning a date around it? There should be no such thing as a hot tub that rarely gets used! So dust off that cover, balance the water, add some fragrance to the water and hop in with your love! Or, you know, try one of these ideas:
Water Play Date Ideas
- Go swimming
- Relax on the dock and enjoy the view
- Go fishing out back
- Have a water gun fight
- Or a water balloon battle
- Relax in an inflatable pool
Arts and Crafts
If you are the type to feel a sense of gratification after making something, then plan a crafty date night in! The only way crafting could possibly be more fun is to do it with someone you love. So make something together!
Arts And Crafts Date Ideas
- Paint rocks to go in the garden
- Self portraits
- Portraits of each other
- Paint wine glasses
- Play with clay
- Try a new craft/hobby
- Introduce each other to your favorite hobbies
- Tie-dye some t-shirts
- Make cement stepping stones with cake pans
For the more extreme couples, this one is tons of fun! My significant other and I have such a great time taking on home projects together, it’s definitely one of the ways we bond! Pick a project, gather the materials, knock it out together! Don’t forget to order some pizza and wings! Here are some things that are fit for those who like hands on activities together!
Home Improvement Date Ideas
- Paint a room
- Lay a new floor
- Build something cool out of wood
- Paint old furniture
- Build a garden bed
- Spruce up a boring area of your home or outdoors
- Expand a room (only if you know what you’re doing, of course!)
Just looking for a way to relax and get cozy together? Here are some romantic at-home date ideas to set the mood!
Romantic Night In Ideas
- Watch the sunset from the backyard
- Picnic under the moon
- Stargaze under a blanket
- Take a romantic bath
- Give each other a massage
- Cozy up by the fireplace
- Play a game by candlelight
- Have a glass of wine and chat
I’m sure you have found a few at home date night ideas that tickle your fancy! Are there any other ideas that you would add to the list? Whatever you decide to do, it’s ultimately up to the chemistry to make any date enjoyable, indoors or out and about!