What Men Really Want: How to Be the Perfect Woman
How Do I Know What He Really Wants in a Woman?
First things first. I'm only going to say it once. There is no perfect woman. So stop wasting your time trying to obtain perfection. In my line of work I often find myself thinking, 'well, there's no accounting for taste.' I've seen barbie look-a-likes fall head over heels with men who, to put it kindly, no one would ever mistake for Ken. But chemistry between people is a mysterious phenomenon, and everyone has their own idea of beauty. That said, even if beauty comes in many shapes and forms, and is in the eyes of the beholder, there are some guidelines that we can use to access our own unique beauty. It is a mission of mine to try to reverse, as much as I can, the way in which females are pitted against one another as competitors, critics, and enemies. The words women use to describe one another are toxic and nasty and only add to our insecurity and lack of self-love. So hear it from me:
1) Men want women who love themselves and appreciate other women. A guaranteed turn-off to a man on a date is a woman who bad-mouths the people around them. Indirectly, when you say mean things about other women, it implies that you do not particularly like yourself. Also, catty women make men feel insecure. So stop the trash talk, it's not doin you any favors.
2) Health is the key to true beauty. Now notice ladies, I did not say thinness was the key to beauty. I said health. Crash-dieting, bingeing, purging and over-exercising give us bad teeth, stretch marks, headaches, puffiness, and any number of more life-threatening symptoms if we engage in disordered eating. Health comes from the inside out. We are at our most beautiful when we are relaxed, nourished, and clean.
3) Fake= fugly. The urge to paint our faces, augment our breasts, change our hair color and morph our body shape is pretty much universal amongst women. Somewhere along the line some idiot sent us the message that in order to be beautiful we had to change ourselves to fit a very unrealistic ideal of female beauty. Well, here's the thing. Biology dictates attraction between men and women, not the media. We are programmed, as women to be voluptuous, and as long as we are healthy and stay true to our form we look damn good to the opposite sex. However, if we use makeup, clothes, or surgery to try to cover up or change what nature gave us, men will wonder what we have to hide under all that paint. Keep it simple. And forget about barbie. If you go with what you got, men won't be able to get enough of you.
4) Smarts= Sexy. Men rely on our female perspective way more than they would ever admit. It's scary for them because they know we have a much more complex vision of the world. When we act dumb, men assume we are putting the on (which is often the case). Whoever told us that acting dumb was attractive was wrong. Men will commit to women they believe can be there partners in life. If they think they are smarter than you they will lose interest, or they won't feel as though they can truly talk to you.
5) Self-sufficient= sexy. Relationships are about a balance of give and take. One person should not have to feel as though the fate of their family rests on their shoulders. Men and women should contribute equally to their household. I'm not saying we all should learn plumbing and try to out-man your man at every opportunity. Men do want to feel useful, and 'manly'. But they also want to be babied sometimes. This is not a bad thing, everyone needs to feel babied sometimes. But men do not thrive when they are given total control of the reigns. Balance, balance, balance ladies. Never forget.
6) Ego Patrol: In some ways, men truly get the short end of the stick in our society. They are given woefully fewer compliments than their female counterparts. And they need to be told nice things just like everyone else. We expect it from them, but forget sometimes to reciprocate. Compliment your man on a regular basis, and don't lie. Half of the cruel things men do to women are spurred by insecurity. Nip it in the bud.
7) Sexcipades: The golden rule of sex is to respect yourself. Men may not always be able to tell, but if you are not into it, they will eventually catch on. Don't fake it. Men want women who know what they like. Be gentle but be direct. You are not doing him any favors by faking an orgasm. Oh yeah, and get over the whole self-conscious thing. You look hot to him. You look even hot when you are confident and aware of your hotness.
8) Jealous Girl: Biggest mistake us girls can make is the old try and make the boyfriend jealous stunt. It always backfires. And its not nice. The more you try and make your man jealous the more he will distance himself from you. Just tell him you feel jealous, and if you look sheepish enough he will probably be touched and think you are cute.
9) Coddling, controlling and codependency: Do not ever put all your eggs in one basket. Maintain your life outside your man and let him maintain his. Show him you trust him and he will reward you. People need space, and they need to live independently from one another to be healthy. If you maintain your life, and give him space to live his life too, the time you spend together will be quality time and you will be his perfect woman.
Take the hotness test: How close are you to being the ideal woman?
What Type of Hot Girl Are You? Take the Hotness Test And Find Out!!view quiz statistics
Questions & Answers
My husband doesn't love me and it makes it difficult to love myself, what to do?
The first question I have is what could your husband do that would make you believe he loves you? Sometimes it's impossible to feel love when you do not love yourself. It might be helpful to begin by pursuing positive, self-affirming activities and friendships in your own life. Build a solid foundation of self-love. If your husband is abusive, it might be impossible to ever receive what you need from him. If he is merely stand-offish, perhaps it is about communication. Maybe he doesn't know how to show you love! Counseling is crucial in relationships, whether there is abuse or communication breakdowns. First, love yourself. Work and prioritize that as your first goal in the process. No one can fulfill you if you are don't have a solid sense of self. Hopefully, he is just misguided. If not, by working toward positive change within you will find what you seek.Helpful 5
© 2009 eveklof