A Man's Perspective
Let's face it ladies, when you want to know if a guy likes you, you will either go to some razy measures, or you'll crawl up into a little ball of playing hard to get. These are all crazy signs that you might be interested in us, we get that. Now the real question is how do you know that we're into you at all? Ahh I've got your attention now. Listen up. Men, we're actually quite simple creatures..we love sports, eating, drinking, hanging out with our friends, and having a good time. Whoever sang that song girls just wanna have fun, well the same goes for us guys. Just not in that girl way?
Any who, I've compiled a list below of the Top 10 Ways To Know If A Guy Likes You. Some of them you will be bedazzled by, and others you might have already known. The point is, knowledge is power! As men, we're very blunt and straight forward. We are very general and don't really beat around the bush. Unless we're lacking confidence, which I suggest if the man you like is lacking confidence, to not both with him anyway. That's a whole different subject. On we go, the top 10, enjoy ladies.
The Top 10
1. We'll say "I like you :)" - This is the easiest way to tell. (Obviously) As I said before we men are very simple creatures (rawwr), when we want someone to know something we say it straight forward, we don't beat around the bush. It doesn't help to hold things in. This is why most men can come off as sarcastic, because we really are always literally speaking when we say something. So when a guy comes out and says those three little words, take it seriously!
2. We laugh at anything you have to say/defend you! - Ladies ladies, a lot of you are funny, however some of you just don't have the humor side to you and that's alright! That's why we're here for you! Have you ever noticed that you made a bad joke around the guy you fancy, and then want to leave the room, but he laughs at your joke while no one else does? Or if someone gives you a hard time about that joke, he'll come out and say "well hey I thought it was funny :)" These are our little secret ways of telling you that we actually care about your feelings and don't want you to be embarrassed, we want you to be comfortable, especially around us! :)
3. Tease Tease Tease! - Wait but I just thought you said he defends me? I did! However this is one of those sneaky things I said would bedazzle you. Even though we defend you we still tease you as well! We like to know that a girl can take a joke, and even hit us back with some sarcasm as well! It shows us that you have a fun side and we're really attracted to that. So next time he teases you, don't take it to offense, and instead come back at him with a swift punch line!
4. Compliments Galore - "Your hair looks very nice today (fill in her name and don't get it wrong) LOL. We compliment you on the little things, and often! Some girls would consider this clingy, but if we don't compliment you then you get mad, but if we do it too much then it's clingy, needy, or obsessed. How about this for a change, take our compliments for what they are, us being nice and basically telling you that you look very beautiful. You see we really do notice the little things, except when you cut your hair 1 inch, honestly who really notices that? No offense but take it as you will. (Got Side tracked) All in all, we compliment your nails, hair, new earrings, blouse, purse, anything we notice that's different about you so we can get in your good graces. We want to be on your radar of appraisal, so next time you're complimented, consider the guy who's giving you the compliment as a possible candidate.
5. We're At Your Beck and Call - Our phone rings, we answer, you say you need a ride or you need help with something, we're there on a dime. We literally blow off plans with our guy friends just to be where you are. We do have lives yes, but we do this because we see it as an opportunity to spend time with you. So appreciate it when we show up, and worry about it when we say "we have something else to do" already. This could mean that your chance has passed, and yes ladies, guys pass up on girls too. Everyone in this life is replaceable, we don't care how beautiful you are. Just another devil in a tight dress if you don't accept our signs.
6. We Ask You To Hang Out! - This can either be one on one, or with a group of friends. And if you're really lucky, we'll invite you out with our family. These are the x marks the spot signs that we like you. If you haven't gotten the hint by now then the next best thing for us to do is to say we like you. (refer back to #1) The reason we'll want to hang out one on one, is to see how comfortable you are around us and to also see your personality. Around a group of friends, we want to see if you act the same as you did when hanging out during our solo sesh, and finally around family. We invite you around our family to see how you interact with our family, how you blend in. Believe it or not, the older we get, the more us men look at each and every woman as a potential wife. Might sound scary, but it's true. We actually prefer a woman who reminds us of our mothers, weird but true. We want that same comfort that you want in a man. So if we can see that you blend well one on one, around friends, and especially around our family, then you might as well be a shoe in! :)
7. We Listen - Forget about all of that men are from mars women are from venus crap. Mankind is from planet earth and we are all listeners. When you talk to us, if we show interest in what you have to say, and respond with long thought out answers really getting in depth about our conversation, then there's a sure sign that we might have a thang for ya. However if we kind of nod, don't really respond or reply with quick thought out answers, then that's a troublesome sign that we aren't at all interested in what you have to say, and over all in you. Sorrrrryyyyyyyyy
8. Gifts - When we hang out and are talking, we'll tell you about our troubles, how we can't pay this bill or that bill, but then we'll come out the next weekend with a gift for you. Flowers, a new shirt, some jewelry be it expensive or inexpensive. The main point is that you're on our minds and we thought enough of you to say "hey, she might like this" Then we go ahead and buy it knowing that we might not have enough money to pay our own bills, or have enough money to do the things we like to do. Gifts are the 2nd to none sign that we like you. So don't just take it as a gift next time a guy gets you something, take it into consideration.
9. Cheeese! - We know that a nice smile drives girls crazy, but if we like you, we'll make sure that you see us smiling at you. We want you to know that we're happy around you. We even blush! We might put our head down or try to look away, knowing that you're right there in front of us. I mean c'mon ladies, you see it all the time. We'll try to act like you're not even right there but in reality you know that we know you're right there. Haha it's a funny little cat and mouse game. When we blush or smile a lot, we like you or are definitely interested! We want to get to know you! Guys don't always make the first move even though that's how it should be, but don't be afraid to be a tinsy winsy bit aggressive yourself and approach us.
10. The Kindergarten Crush - As guys we make kindergarten crush passes. We'll try and hold your hand, hug you as much as we can, run our fingers through your hair. We want to get intimate on a kindergarten crush level, nothing bad but something to let you know that we're there for you. We want to make you feel appreciated as you should be. To us you are our princess and we'll show you by these little signs of affection. As manly and macho as us guys are, we're affectionate creatures as well, just on a much lower level than women. So when we do make those kindergarten passes to have an innocent physical touch with you, be it a hug, a touch of the hands, a brush of the arm; we just may like your style and are definitely feeling you.
Thank you ladies for reading this article and anyone else that found the time to wander their eyes on this. I hope I've come to give you some valuable information and some great insight on signs to look for from now on. Don't go on a crazy spree thinking every guy likes you, but trust me, like anyone else on this planet we all have instincts and a gut feeling, so use them and your good judgments and you'll be fine! Cheers!
anne on February 16, 2020:
I have this work mate who is already married but he's giving me signals that he likes me. Like he *always* compliments me when he sees me. We don't always see each other as he works frequently on the field. But when we do he always tell me I'm pretty or getting beautiful day by day. This is the thing he do most of the time, once he sees me (and I noticed him too) he will just stand where he's standing and look at me in awe then greets me with a smile and tell me something like I'm pretty that day. I thought he just want to tease me and he meant the other way. I'm confused because I know he's married but the way he acts around me show something different. He always have his way to touch me, example poking me then looking the other way as if I didn't know it is him. He loves teasing me too by mentioning my name, when I clearly told him I liked to be called by my nickname. He remembers little details I do as well like how I always carry my cup around (because I love coffee). Yes I have a crush on him but I don't want to act on my feelings because he's a family man already. I just want to know if he is just friendly and I am just being delusional.
michael frederick on October 10, 2019:
i don't do these sort of things none of it
Ayat on May 19, 2019:
Read More From Pairedlife
i like a guy who already have girl friend.How can i tell him about my feeling's?
chantelle on November 22, 2018:
if a guy smiles at you everyday and says lets talk in privet does he like me?
Brooke on September 23, 2018:
Oml! My crush has done all of these things except number one! Dude! I can't believe I didn't notice it!
GirlConfusedAboutLove on August 08, 2018:
Thx, it's once to have a guys POV! I have a crush who often compliments me, but didn't notice the haircut. My hair used to be to my mid back but my mom cut it to my shoulder blades. The thing is, whenever I'm around my crush, my hair is up because we only see each other during karate. So...maybe it doesn't matter or contribute to the situation... I'm thirteen, so at least I have time to figure things out
Emmyboy from Nigeria on August 08, 2018:
This is true to some extent.
But not overly true for some guys... I mean, some guys like me actually.
Because I do take my time to analyze my own feelings towards you and also I do take a lot of time in analyzing the girl in question too, I often do not show these "signs".
I really don't like leading a girl on, hence, I've got to be careful how I compliment, how I say I like you and things of that nature.
But as for teasing a girl..?
Well, that's comes naturally to me.
So I will tease you from day one.
But that doesn't necessarily mean that you're the ONE.
Ha ha ha.
Nice article, anyway.
Some girl... on October 29, 2017:
Ok so I had started catching feelings for my best friend he's a guy and we spend a lot of time together I go over his house he comes to mine we go every where together ECT. He would always give me hints like he would always walk so close to me always bumping shoulders always finding a way to touch me or gaze into my eyes but he recently got a girlfriend but he never talks to her or gives her attention so... i.dont know help me thank you.
Jennifer Panaro from Eastchester on November 12, 2013:
I got a free training at the local gym awhile ago. Ever since the training the guy always comes up to me and asks me to train again. I can't do it because it is too expensive. He remembers what I do for a living and every time he sees me he mentions where I work asking how it is going. When he found out I am looking for someone he said "oh your looking for someone?" and put his head down. One time when I saw him his gaze held mine for a couple of minutes. I just met him and he has a girlfriend. Does he like me? Why does he keep wanting to train with me? None of the other trainers do that.
Amberjane on August 30, 2012:
well my situation is somewhat similar. Theres this guy at work who i talk to all the time, be it through text, phone, skype, etc... But he's a jerk most of the time, not in a terribly bad way, he just always finds a way to call me out on why i "giggle" so much around him, or why it is that i feel the need to see him all the time. And just to clarify i really do neither of the two, yes i'll laugh when i find something funny or if im being sarcastic i'll smile so they know i'm joking. But he seems to be super confident that i'm attracted to him, and i am. But when he calls me out on it i feel as though he only sees me as a close friend and nothing more. We hung out twice now, both hangouts were one on one. He's a gentlemen when were together, he's funny, and he teases me. He will steal my phone, or he'll text me saying im cute etc. And then the next day at work he's a jerk again... so im pretty confused. Can't tell if he likes me or if he's just playing the "i know she likes me" game and is only trying to get something out of it with no relationship... HELP!!!
Ashleigh on March 26, 2012:
So there is this guy, and he just recently moved out of the state, but before he moved away, i wrote him a letter telling him that i liked him, and stuff. I even wrote down my number and told him to call me, but then i got a text from him later that night, that said that he liked me too, but he was just too shy to say it to my face. I like him a lot, but i dont wanna get too attached because i hear he's a player and he flrts with all the girls. But i don't know if that is necessarily true. He also says he's different than all the other guys out there. He also finds ways to touch me too. Not in a creepy or disturbing way, but he'll jokingly punch me on the arm a lot. Plus he would touch my hair A LOT. Does he like me? I get mixed signals from him. We also text, but not like 24/7. Maybe like 2 to 3 times a week.
Kaitlyn on January 07, 2012:
thank you sooo much for the awesome comment i really appericated it. sorry cant spell anyway i will try to make the first move thanks again
Jay on December 25, 2011:
Kaitlyn, I've read your comments here and on another hub, and it looks like he really does like you! He just seems shy when it comes to girls, in which case you will have to make the first move. Remember that if a guy is too scared to approach women, he is far less likely to cheat on you. Good luck!
Kaitlyn on November 08, 2011:
we have know each other since we were born cuase our parents are really good friends. but there was a gap that i didn't see or talk to him for awhile because we went to different school. but he just is too scared to talk to me so does that mean ill have to make the first move?
chrisaltamirano (author) from California on October 20, 2011:
Well if he's really shy and quiet, gets red when someone brings your name up, and then denies that he likes you then that's a give away that he likes you.
However, he could just fancy you, think you're pretty, etc. If you don't know each other then like is a pretty strong word.
Kaitlyn on October 04, 2011:
this guy never talks to me but whenever someone says my name his face gets really red and he looks toward the ground and stops talking. but when people ask if he likes me he either says nothing or no. so does he like me or hate me? btw he is really shy and quiet. thx
chrisaltamirano (author) from California on June 02, 2011:
I would say he's pretty interested in you. It takes two to tango so you're going to have to meet him halfway. From the looks of it though he's outgoing and has some jokes haha..sounds like a good situation to be in!
Mary on June 01, 2011:
Does he like me???? Met him in the bank never gone out with him.His communication very very ok,he calls sends me lots of txts & we've talked for three months now and some time back he invited to his place but was busy did not go.Asked him if he was around so i could visit but never responded,though sometimes he like jokes and tells me his married
chrisaltamirano (author) from California on February 09, 2011:
Thanks Emily glad you loved it!
emilybee on February 09, 2011:
Great Hub! Love it.
chrisaltamirano (author) from California on January 29, 2011:
Be blunt and ask him! He's either going to be honest and tell you what his intentions are or lie to you. You'll definitely be able to tell if he's lying. Again just go with your gut feeling and do what's in your best interest! Is your life going to be any worse or better without this one particular guy? Weigh out the pro's and con's and really see if you should really even care. Good luck! Cheers!
kristi on January 29, 2011:
There is a guy who likes me and I can tell because he asked for my number and trys to sit by me. He may be to comfortable around girls. I think hes a player but Im not for sure. What should I do?