Creative ideas for Romance
Creative, Inexpensive Ideas for Romance on a Budget
With the economy the way it is, most people do not have the money to spend to go all out for date night. You can't let that stop you! Besides, who wants their love life to become dull and boring? No one does and date night does not have to end. There are lots of things you can do. You just have to get a little more creative.
Here are 30 ideas for romance on a budget:
Put your mind to work and get creative. Here are 30 ideas to help you get started:
- Go to the River, turn on your radio or bring some cd's and slow dance till midnight by the water. As the sun begins to set, you can sit down in some folding chairs at a card table that you brought along and eat dinner that you prepared for the two of you.
- Show up at his/her work with a single rose and a kiss. Advise them they have officially been kidnapped for the rest of the night. Spend the night in a local hotel and have some food delivered, sip on some wine and watch a movie.
- Put up a canopy in your backyard and string up some white lights. Listen to the CD that you compiled that has all your favorite songs and dance the night away. If it is raining or cold, why not turn your living room floor into your picnic area and picnic in front of your fireplace.
- Run away for the night just the two of you to where ever you end up. The night is yours.
- Stay at home for a night of pampering. Fill your bedroom and bathroom with candles and after sitting in the tub together treat each other to full body massages.
- Go on a local hike. Pack a picnic lunch and bring along a camera. Hold hands while you walk. Enjoy nature and enjoy each other, you can't go wrong.
- Go camping. You can eat from the grill. You can fish. Don't forget the marshmellows. If you are taking your kids along with you, bring an extra tent for you and your significant other to retire too.
- Write a letter from the heart. Take some time to reflect on how much your partner means to you and how much you appreciate them. Now tell them in a letter. Do it just because.
- Watch a movie. Catch an early matinee. Usually around 5:00 p.m. it is less expensive.
- Go hear some music together. An outdoor concert in the park is nice. Search your local listings and find out your local entertainment and where they are going to be.
- Work out together. Doesn't sound romantic does it? It can be. Try it!
- Play a board game together. Nothing like some friendly competitiveness. Try a board game just for couples and have some fun.
- Tell each other your dreams for the future. This can also be a nice escape from reality and your financial challenges.
- Prepare a meal together. Choose the most complicated recipe and try making it together.
- Pack a lunch and go for a bike ride. When you get tired, stop and picnic together.
- Read to each other. Pick a book that you have both been wanting to read and spend an hour each night taking turns reading to each other.
- Park your car in the middle of an open field and lie on the hood counting the stars together.
- Camp in your backyard or just lie in a sleeping bag and stargaze.
- Re-create your first date together.
- Take the kids to a sitter for the night and grill out on your back porch. Eat and then sit in the porch swing sipping on some wine.
- Why not write them a poem.
- Stash little love notes and quotes all in his pockets, briefcase and different places so that your partner will find them throughout the day.
- Take a walk in the park together holding hands and just talking. Feed the ducks. Swing on the swings at the playground. You would be surprised at how much fun you have.
- Play flag football together. Sneak a kiss for every first down. For every score take an item of clothing off.
- Play tennis together at nighttime.
- Learn some astronomy together. Take star gazing to a whole new level with telescope and learn to identify constellations.
- Park on a bluff and watch the sunset.
- Take a drive though the country.
- Sun bathe with each other.
- Make home videos together.
Making special memories with your partner.
It is important to spend some alone time together for intimacy. If money is tight, it is probably all the more reason for the two of you to just retreat from the hustle and bustle of the real world and spend some romantic time together and relax. Enjoy each other and enjoy life. Make special memories together that will last you a lifetime.
Comment back with your ideas so that I may add them to the list!
Dale Anderson from The High Seas on August 21, 2019:
Sometimes the best memories are made the cheapest so this was a fun list to read. Thanks.
Jennifer Beckers from Palm Beach County on September 23, 2014:
A lot of great ideas! My boyfriend and I are always looking for cheap things to do.
Bobby Flay on May 27, 2014:
Play tennis at night.
Ingenira on September 15, 2011:
Plenty of good ideas ! I like any activity by the beach. When the mind is relaxed with the wide space of the ocean, it opens up the mind.
neakin (author) on May 18, 2011:
Thank you very much mrbr14nwll! When in doubt, head to the water! I love the idea of running away too! Would LOVE it! Thanks again!
mrbr14nwll on May 18, 2011:
I like the idea of running away at night and you both don't care where you 2 gonna end up. I Get so many idea with your hub neakin. thanks for posting this hub. Now, What Should I Do First? LOL =D
Great HuB Neakin
neakin (author) on May 05, 2011:
Thank you very much!
rihamah on May 05, 2011:
neakin (author) on May 04, 2011:
Thank you! I'm glad you like it!