LDR Texts, Quotes & Romantic Come Back Soon Messages
Get some ideas on what to write in a short SMS, text message, or email to tell the one you love to come back soon or that you miss them.
This article is a collection of messages, quotes, and poems to help express the emotions that couples in long-distance relationships go through every day. You can post these on your girlfriend or boyfriend's Facebook or simply tweet your heart out to him or her.
Shout your love out loud with these messages that will hit a tender spot in your lover's heart.
Two to Tango
It takes two to tango, takes two to make love, takes two to join together, and two to love. But it takes just one to miss you, and just one to write. It takes one to think of you coming home some night. It takes one to say please don't go away, and it takes one to say I miss you every day.
Short SMS Messages for Your Sweetie
- I miss you. I really miss you.
- Thinking of you.
- I wish you were here with me!
- Only 23 more days until you get back! Not that I'm counting or anything . . .
- Why did you have to go so far away?
- It's a beautiful day here. Wish we could spend it together.
- How much do you miss me, because I miss you a lot. Like, a lot a lot.
- I swear I keep thinking I see you everywhere. Can you just come home already?
- All I want for my birthday, for Christmas, and for every other holiday is for you to come home.
- I can't stop thinking about you and how excited I'm going to be to see you when you get back.
- Why did you have to do such a silly thing and go so far away?
- I miss the way you make me laugh.
- I miss your smile.
- No one else I know gives hugs like you do.
- I've been looking for a replacement for you and haven't found anyone! You're lucky.
- I just wanted to tell you that I love you and miss you and wish you'd come back soon.
- Are you home yet? What about now? What about now?
- Why do you have to be so amazing? Don't you know how hard it makes it when you go away?
Thinking of You
When the sun shines, I think of you. When it rains I think of you. When I go to work, I think of you. When I come home, I think of you. Even though you're gone, you're still very near. You're in my heart and in my ear. I can feel your touch and hear your voice. I'd like you to come back, that'd be my choice!
Quotes for Long Distance Relationships
Distance gives us a reason to love harder.
Together forever, never apart. Sometimes in distance, but never in heart.
Hearing your voice is far better than you touching me. Because even though I yearn for your skin to touch mine, it is your voice that touches my soul.
When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far, no time too long and no other love can break them apart.
In human relationships, distance is not measured in miles but in affection. Two people can be right next to each other, yet miles apart.
Distance means so little, when someone means so much.
Blow ‘o wind to where my loved one is. Touch him and come touch me soon. I’ll feel his gentle touch through you and meet his beauty in the moon. These things are much for the one who loves. One can live by them alone: that he and I breathe the same air and that the earth we tread is one.
When I don’t see you, I don’t miss you, I just place my hand over my heart and it's there I will find you, because even though you are out of my sight, you will never be out of my heart.
— Rashida Rowe
Forget the miles, forget them. You’ll be there and I’ll be here, and it’ll just be long distance. And that’ll be okay, because quite frankly I’m crazy about you.
— Going the Distance
I love no one but you, I have discovered, but you are far away and I am here alone. Then this is my life and maybe, however unlikely, I’ll find my way back there. Or maybe, one day, I’ll settle for second best. And on that same day, hell will freeze over, the sun will burn out and the stars will fall from the sky.
— Lemony Snicket
There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.
It is a risk to love. What if it doesn’t work out? Ah, but what if it does.
— Peter McWilliams
I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)
— E.E. Cummings
Do You Think of Me?
Do you think of me often, out there all alone? Do you think of me frequently, when you're sitting at home? Do you think of me always, when you're eating a meal? Do you think of me unfailingly, when you're at the wheel? Am I forever and solidly in your thoughts? While you're washing and scrubbing and drying the pots? I hope that I am, my darling, my love, if only so I won't fell so weak and used up. Because you are in mine, my true one and only. Please come back soon and make me un-lonely.
Messages From Girlfriends to Boyfriends
- As I sit here looking at our pictures, a tear rolls down my cheek waiting to be wiped off by your fingers. Will you be here soon?
- Concerts are boring, movies are no fun, hanging out at the mall feels like a drag, and every day seems like a whirlpool of loneliness. Come back baby. xoxo
- Who am I going to hug before I sleep? Who is going to wrap me in his arms? Who is going to see the morning sunshine on my face? I miss my teddy bear.
- Every morning I wake up with a sad face because I know it is the start of one more day without you. I love you.
- Every time I think about the distance between us, my heart skips a beat. How long are you going to make me suffer?
- I am deleting my Facebook account, Twitter handle and e-mail address. This is the last text message you'll see from this number because I am not topping up my cell phone balance until you come and see me over the weekend. I miss you baby.
- I am a lonely girl with a broken heart because you are a thousand freaking miles away. Only you can fix my heart baby, please come back.
- Every inch of my body misses you. The life has been sucked out of me since you left. Sob.
- The only thing stopping me from going insane is the hope of seeing you during Christmas.
- I need to feel your tender touch and raw passion every single day. You are an absolute jerk for leaving me all alone and helpless. But I still love you, crave you, and miss you from the bottom of my heart. Muah.
Come Back Soon
If I went to the moon, I'd drop you a letter. If I sank in the ocean, I'd float up a line. If I were lost in the woods, you'd see my smoke signal. If I went to a big city, I'd be sure to write. Whatever it takes, I'll stay close to you. If you have to go away, at least come back soon.
- All I want from you this Christmas is a romantic winter date. Please tell me that Santa will bring me what I want, won't he?
- The weather has been pathetic, birds seem annoyingly loud, art has lost its appeal and food its taste, the traffic has become a nightmare, my work colleagues have been irritating, there is nothing good to watch on TV and as you can notice, I have become grumpy since the day you left. Are you going to leave me rotting like this or will you fill the void in my life again sometime soon?
- I have been surviving on comfort food and comfort clothes since the day you flew out and I am hating it. I miss you so much.
- I miss the warm hugs, the tender cuddles, your breath down my neck, the passionate bedroom encounters, and every single moment spent with you in person. xoxo
- I'm kissing, licking, and slobbering all over your photo right now. Why don't you just come and put an end to all my drooling? Love you honey.
- I have an awesome idea to help you cut down on all your cell phone bills. Come back.
- You are hot, sexy, funny, cool, smart and handsome. How many compliments will it take to convince you to return? You are my heartbeat. Come back baby.
- I am living with the hope that the day you said goodbye to me at the airport didn't mean goodbye forever. I will wait for you to come back.
- I know life can be unfair but staying away from me is so cruel. Come rescue me, won't you?
- I have started hating Facebook, Twitter, Skype and everything else on the Internet that couples use to stay in touch. Can't I just download the latest version of your touch and kiss?
Meet Me in Arkansas
I miss you. You miss me. The solution's as clear as can be. We'll meet in the middle of Arkansas, and see all there is to saw. Then, we'll fly back to our respective states, until one of our willpowers up and breaks.
Messages from Boyfriends to Girlfriends
- Every mile separating us increases my love for you. I love you.
- I wish I could use Pinterest to pin my heart and show you how broken it is. I wish I could turn back time and never have let you go.
- My heart bleeds, cries, and screams in pain that only you can soothe. Come back baby, I need your tender touch.
- I miss the fun dates. I miss being getting goose bumps watching you smile. I miss running my fingers over your hot body. I miss looking at your beautiful face. I miss playing with your sexy hair. I miss feeling your fingers all over me. I miss gazing in your eyes. I miss your cuddles, I miss the long drives and I miss every second, every hour and every day spent with you. I miss you.
- Long distance relationships are romantic only in the movies. I hate that we are apart. Come back soon.
- This is a message from your lonely boyfriend to let you know that you broke his heart when you moved away. Don't reply because that will make him miss you even more. He loves you.
- Skype, GTalk, Facebook and FaceTime aren't enough. I need you here, in my arms. I love you.
- I am living my worst nightmare since you have moved away. Come back and make my life a sweet dream once again.
- The best day of my life was when I asked you out and you said yes. The worst day of my life was when you boarded that plane to fly away to a foreign land. Please come back baby, I miss you.
- Beautiful, hot, sexy, stunning, gorgeous and pretty – These are the words that have been missing from my life since the day you went away.
Best Friends (and Lovers)
One minute, two minute, three minute four. With every passing moment I love you more. I cannot wait to see you again, and remember all of the reasons we are best friends (and lovers).
- My colleagues hate me for being grumpy at work all the time. My mates hate me for not hanging out with them. I hate myself for being sad all the time. I hate you for going so far away. Will you put an end to all this hate and come back? I miss you baby.
- I am a warrior but my heart cries out for your company, princess. Come back and be mine forever.
- You are one gal who knows how to play hard to get, don't you? I lose. You win. Now come back my lady.
- I don't want to win a race. I don't want to win a cool gadget. I don't want to win a bet with my friends. I don't want to win a gift basket. All I want to win is a flight that will bring me to your doorstep. I miss you.
- I have fallen ill since the day you left. The doctor said that the only medicine is you. I miss you and I feel sick to the core without you.
- Did you know that I have become hotter, sexier, and smarter after you left? Stop missing out on the best years of my life and come back soon.
- I want you, I need you, and I crave you every day, every minute, and every second.
- How amazing would it be if we dropped the word distance before our relationship and came closer? Let's live together darling.
- If I could send my heart to you in a gift-wrapped box, I would have died a million deaths by now. I love you, apple pie.
- My resolution for this year is going to be to permanently delete the word long-distance relationship from my vocabulary. Do you want to help me achieve this?
I'm Doing Great (Please Come Back Soon)
Hey there sweetie, I hope you're well. I'm doing just fine without you, all my friends can tell. They're like, "You look so good when you never shave, and your body odor is so pungent now that your girlfriend's away. You've lost so much weight because you're not eating. And your bedroom's better now that you've stopped cleaning." So as you can see, I don't really need you. I'm just fine alone, and that's the truth. Just kidding I hate this please come back soon (I promise I'll clean my room).
Funny Messages for Your Long-Distance Lover
- The longer you stay away from me, the more expensive a gift you will have to buy for me. No pressure darling. I'm just saying it's your choice.
- Falling in love with you was a clear case of hit and run. Cupid hit my heart with an arrow while you ran away to some strange and distant land. Get back so that I can punish you properly. xoxo
- You are invited to delight me with a surprise visit during the long weekend. If you don't, I will drive to you and kick your butt. xoxo
- I certainly don't miss your nagging but I miss your beautiful voice. Come back soon my pretty lady.
- You can be one hell of an annoying girlfriend but I still miss you to bits. This message comes with one big sloppy kiss. Muah.
- I am sick and tired of trying to make things work. Come back now or lose me forever. Of course I am kidding. I love you forever.
- Word has it that everyone in class thinks that I am single again now that you are away. Better come back and quell those rumors.
- This email is to let you know that your girlfriend is having a hard time coping up with your absence. Maybe a gift will cheer her up.
- Just because I am so nice to you every day does not mean that I am not angry about you moving away. A cheap gift will not make up for the 12 months we have been away from each other. Diamonds will do.
- I miss you so much, that I can't stop thinking about you no matter what I am doing. As proof, I wrote this message while thinking about you on the toilet.
Fingers touching, a gentle kiss. All the things I really miss. Don't worry your head, I'll be with you soon. Until then, remember we gaze on the same moon.
- You will get chocolates, romantic dates, and a passionate time in the bedroom if you come back soon. If not, you will be given a warm welcome with a nice big slap. Come back you idiot, I miss you.
- Beer, chips and pizza have become my favorite pastime since you've been gone. Unless you want a bloated boyfriend, come back soon.
- I can hear your laugh from so many miles away. I can feel your touch from so far. I can see your smile across borders. Let's just stop this telepathy and get together soon
- Sweetie I really need you to come back right now because I have lost the keys to my house and you are the only one who has a duplicate set. xoxo
- Your sister and I are having so much fun messing up your room while you are away. If you want your stuff, you better get back soon.
- Can we convert our long distance relationship into a short distance relationship? When that happens, let's make it a super short distance relationship by sharing a bed. What do you say?
- Did you know that international flights serve free drinks and food? What are you waiting for? Grab a ticket and come home right away.
- I know they say that only the boldest of couples can stay apart but I don't intend to run for the bravery awards this year. Get back into my arms sweetheart.
- I know you have moved overseas to pursue studies at a college you have always wanted to go to. I also know that you are working overtime by doing odd jobs to pay your bills. All I can say is – Work harder so you can save for a ticket and come visit me soon.
- I remember bringing in the hands-off policy one time when we fought but I think you took it too seriously. When do I get to see you sweetie?