I love writing about online dating topics; I want to help people navigate through all of the potential pitfalls.
As you surf the internet looking for sites of interest, chances are likely that you will run into someone that you connect with. If you have never had an online romance, you may question how you can have feelings for someone that you have never met. Once you get past this unsettling feeling, a new world opens up.
If you don’t take the time to explore this new relationship, you may let the best thing that has ever happened to you slip by. Once you have figured out that you would like to date this guy, another important question arises. How can you tell if he likes you? Here are some signs that can help you tell if that guy you are crazy about is crushing on you!
Read More From Pairedlife
8 Signs That Your Online Guy Is Into You
- He spends a lot of time with you. A guy that is interested in you will spend hours of his time with you. You may play games online, visit websites together, or just talk until the wee hours of the morning. The more you chat with each other, the closer you will become. He will make comments that he misses you when you are not online and that he thinks about you all the time. He will also ask when you can meet up online again. You will also notice that he is making time in his schedule just to meet up with you. In between his school or his job, he will find time just to say hi. This shows you that he thinks about you even when you are not there.
- He cancels social plans. He stays home on the weekend to hang out with you online rather than go out with some of his friends. Guys are usually super glued to their buddies, so pay attention if he says that he canceled a night out with the guys just to be with you. He may also cancel dates with other girls just to chat with you, or he may stop dating girls altogether.
- He gives you a cute nickname. A nickname is usually given when he begins to think of you as more than a friend. Or he may begin to add an adjective in front of your screen name. This can include words such as sweet, honey, sexy, or lovely. Other guy friends may give you nicknames, but the one your crush gives you will be a term of endearment.
- Protective. He becomes protective of you when you are playing in online gaming sites. There are some scary people online, and there will always be a few lurking in online game rooms. Your crush will stand up for you when someone makes a rude comment to you. He won’t tolerate someone mistreating you and will speak up.
- Offline messages. He will leave you messages telling you that he is online. Or he may tell you the reasons why he is unable to be online. He may also leave you messages that tell you what his plans are for the day. For example, he may say that he is running to the store and will be back in an hour. These are all ways to tell you that he wants you to know the best time to find him online. He may also be thoughtful enough to say good morning to you each day or say goodnight even if you are unable to spend time together.
- He will begin referring to the two of you as “we” or “us.” This may be his way of telling you that he is thinking of the two of you as a potential couple. He will say ‘we went to bed late last night’ instead of ‘I went to bed late last night.’
- He begins to take an interest in your life. If he is interested in dating, he will request a picture of you. Most guys will agree that they need to be physically attracted to a girl before they will consider dating her. He will also want to know your favorite movies, books, and songs. It is his way of telling you that he cares about the things that you like.
- He introduces you to his friends. If you are from different states or countries, he will want to bring you into his social circle. It is a great way to get to meet new friends. It also gives you the chance to see what he is really like around other people. Guys that have a great personalities will get along easily with others. If he is also able to treat others with respect, he is worth keeping.
Tips & Warnings
- Before proceeding any further, ask him if he has a girlfriend. At first, it may be hard to know if he is being honest. The more that you get to know each other, the better you will be able to tell if he does have a girlfriend. Most girlfriends will not allow their boyfriend to be online for several hours at a time chatting with a woman.
- Never exchange personal information until you get to know your crush better.
- Don’t try to force a relationship. If you were meant to be together, be patient. It will happen.
Top 10 Online Dating Tips for Women (From a Man's Perspective)
© 2008 Myii Martin