I love to write about flowers, tips, how-to guides, and topics about love and relationships.
Six Signs Your Boss Has a Crush on You
A crush is such a great feeling, especially when you know the feeling is mutual.
There are many different ways to tell that your boss likes you. Some signs are so noticeable that even your colleagues will confirm the special treatment you get from your boss.
Men and women are all the same. If someone has a crush on you, you will notice it. They will only differ by how they show their affection. This could be due to differences in their culture or in their attitudes. See the following ways to find out if your boss might have a crush on you.
1. They Improve Their Physical Appearance
Have you noticed changes to your boss's physical appearance? What do they look like now? Did their appearance improve? Even animals make themselves look better to attract partners. If your boss is on the chubby side but is still young—say in their early 30s—look to see if they are getting thinner. Most likely, they are going to the gym.
Here are some of the physical changes to watch for that may indicate your boss has a crush on you:
Read More From Pairedlife
- Clothing: If your boss always wears the same suits or uniform, or dresses very casually, see if they seem to be putting more effort into what they wear.
- Perfume or Cologne: Is your boss constantly changing their scent? Try to compliment it. If they always smell like that afterward, bingo! That means they were trying to find the right scent to attract you.
- (For men) Stubble: There are some women who believe that a man having stubble looks sexy and attractive. How did he look before? Does he usually have a clean shave? Ask him why he changed his appearance. Maybe he's one of those men who thinks they are more attractive when they have stubble. If you like his new look, compliment him and see what he does.
- Blush: I do not blush, so I cannot say why some people blush. But based on what my friends tell me, people blush when they are stuck in a not-so-comfortable situation or when their heart beats faster because they saw their crush. Others blush when they are having a conversation with their crush or even just when they hear something about their crush. Have you noticed your boss blush in front of you?
2. Their Body Gestures
Actions indeed speak louder than words. Your boss is likely the shy type, and that's why you are reading this. If your boss were so confident that they would not be rejected, they would directly say their feelings to you. But if they are shy, it's very difficult for them to ask you directly. They may want to see and verify some signals too. Unfortunately, some people cannot control themselves and are unaware of their body language, and they cannot hide their feelings, so their actions speak loudly and broadly for them. If they always have their body turned towards you or hold your gaze for longer than with other people, it may mean that they like you.
3. Hungry for Your Attention
Your boss will usually make or invent a scenario that will catch your attention and try to impress you. If, for example, they have a new watch, they will likely raise their arm showing their beautiful watch to you. Or they might think that their new shoes will impress you. They will then make a scenario, like brushing off their pants or skirt to draw your attention to the shoes. If you compliment the shoes, you will probably make them blush.
4. They Are Always Looking at You
You will notice that even if they are talking to somebody when you pass by, they will look at you and pause their conversation. When they are around, you will have this instinct that they are always looking at you and observing all your movements. If you have a great conversation with others or greet others cheerfully, they will look at you as if they are jealous.
5. You Are the Favorite
Your boss will appreciate every little thing you do. You will notice that they are happy to be with you. They will look for a way to be with you every day. Either they will go to your office, or they will ask you to visit theirs. Your boss doesn't get easily angry with you, and most of all, your boss will not fire you.
6. They Love to Mention Your Name
If your boss usually only says "thanks" to show appreciation, you will notice that for you, they always say your name after the word "thanks." And the tone of their voice is not normal. You can feel that their voice is extra sweet.