50 Signs a Guy Likes You
How to Tell a Guy Is Interested in You
Perhaps there's a co-worker who has caught your eye. Or a fellow student in school with you who makes you weak in the knees every time he comes near.
You are interested in him, but how do you know if they like you? It can be embarrassing for you to ask your friends about how you can tell if he's interested. If you're shy, the last thing you want is for your friends to make a fuss. Or, even worse, to approach and ask him directly.
Here's a list of the top 50 signs that a guy may be interested for you to look over and see if any seem familiar.
Top 50 Signs He Likes You
- He leans towards you whenever you are sitting close to one another.
- He rarely turns his back on you.
- He smiles a lot and looks at you keenly.
- He maintains eye contact with you.
- He finds an excuse to touch you whenever he has the chance.
- He might try to make you jealous by flirting with other girls who are just friends to him.
- He will often show interest in things you like or that matter to you. This is an attempt for him to be closer to you.
- If he looks away quickly when you notice he is watching you, then there is a high likelihood that he likes you.
- He will be nervous around you — this is especially true if you haven’t known one another for long.
- He will have a seemingly never-ending smile on his face whenever you are around him.
- He will mimic, imitate, or try to do whatever you happen to do in the way you do it.
- He might tease you a lot, and this can especially be a massive sign he likes you when he doesn’t tease other girls around him
- He may playfully pinch your body, especially hands and cheeks.
- He starts many conversations. He asks questions and is interested in talking to you.
- He compliments and congratulates you, even when there is nothing big you have achieved to warrant praise from him.
- He compliments your make-up, clothing, or fragrance. This is a way of indirectly telling you 'I like you'.
- He may seem jealous when you are with other guys.
- He develops a strong interest in your social media conversations and comments. Suddenly he is commenting or liking your Facebook status updates or retweeting the tweets you have made.
- He may shower you with gifts.
- He prefers to be near you, even when he is supposed to be busy with work or attending to another important task.
- You receive lots of phone calls from him. He asks how you are doing and what you are up to. Does he call you often when he has nothing important to tell you? That's a sign.
- He will start acting nicer and more generous when you are around him.
- If he willingly says yes to everything you ask him to accomplish or do, he likes you. He most likely doesn't want to disappoint you by saying no.
- He does not want anyone to offend or insult you in his presence. He will defend you and make sure that you are safe and sound.
- He always wants to hang out with you and wants to introduce you to his friends
- He is less likely to allow you return back something you have borrowed from him before. He may tell you there is no need to return it and encourage you to keep it for yourself.
- He may call you sweetie, honey, baby, and the like.
- Does he say (or behave) like he misses you when you are away from one another for some time? He likes you.
- He will do things to make you laugh and stay positive.
- He will comfort you when you are having a hard time. He is the first one to say sorry when something unfortunate happens to you.
- He abandons whatever he is doing in order to find time to be with you and talk to you.
- When you are not around, he will ask your friends for clues about where you are.
- He may dress to get your attention and impress you.
- Body language signs of attraction is a sure way of telling if a guy likes you or not. Observe his body language to tell if he likes you.
- He will stare at you from top to bottom. If you see him running his eyes from top to toe, he has an interest in you.
- He will sit next to you, lean over you, or hover close by every chance he gets.
- He will ask lots of questions. He wants to know more about you and your opinions on varying topics etc.
- He wants to be seen with you. He doesn’t feel ashamed of the two of you being seen walking together, having a conversation, or having a great time. All that matters to him is you.
- He may tell you that you are beautiful and sexy, even if you don't feel it.
- He is your best companion when you are sick or not feeling well. He visits you and spends countless number of hours beside you.
- He will offer you unnecessary help to impress you and keep you happy. In the workplace, he may undertake some of your tasks.
- He does things aimed at proving to you that he is the most suitable man that you will ever find in your lifetime.
- He may offer you financial favors.
- He doesn’t mind spending on you and may spend his last dollar in order to impress you.
- He will want to be there for important events you may be having like graduating from college or celebrating a birthday.
- He will offer you support. This includes grabbing you by the hand to help you cross a busy highway.
- He will sacrifice his commitments to do something for you.
- He is generous with many nice and kind words.
- He will treat you better than he treats any other girl.
- When he starts sharing his personal secrets, you know he's definitely falling in love!
Remember to Observe Closely
There is no exact science that will tell you if a guy likes you back or not. However, there are many signs guys display when they are interested that can help you predict (or at least give clues) as to whether he likes you or not.
That said, it is hard to determine if a guy likes you as many factors come into play. Also, the behavior that you see in a man may not necessarily mean interest. Sometimes, only one or two signs may not be enough to make a judgment. Lastly, signs of attraction or love shown by one guy may not be the same used by another.
You should study the man from as many angles as possible before deciding whether he is into you or not.
Are you in a relationship?
More Helpful Hints
- How to Make a Man Fall Madly in Love With You: 13 Tips on Making a Guy Like You
Don't lose another man! Use these tips to make the man you want to fall madly in love with you.
- How To Impress A Boy: 5 Things You Can Do To Impress A Guy You Really Like
Five top ways to impress the guy you like. Simple strategies to give you confidence to catch his attention.
Questions & Answers
How do I tell my best guy friend that I really like him?
The simplest way is to ask, "Can I talk with you about something please?" (So he knows you’re serious and he has to pay attention.) Then say, "I really like you. Is that a problem for us?"
You can’t be positive what he’ll say, so be prepared for a further discussion that could go either way. Just in case he’s never considered dating you and is uncomfortable with the idea, be ready to deal with that.
You might need to say something like, "That’s okay, I’ll get over you. We can be just friends if that’s how it has to be."
Or if you really can’t stand the thought of him dating other girls in the future, and you don’t want to be his friend and to have to be nice to them, it might be time to start putting more distance between you and finding other friends.
But if you believe there’s real chemistry between you, give it a try. It would be a shame not to try being a couple just because you were both too afraid to raise the subject.
What if a guy puts his arm around me guiding me out of a restaurant? Does he like me? He also called me really precious, but I don’t know if he likes me. I really like him.
Putting his arm around you to guide you from a restaurant is another excuse for touching someone we like. That’s a positive sign.
Calling you "really precious" suggests that he values you. It sounds a bit quaint and old-fashioned in a kind of sexy way. It is not a standard kind of line that rolls easily off the tongue, so I’m guessing he’s sincere.
If you also see him doing most of the things on my list, I’d say he’s definitely interested. So if you like him, I think you should cozy up.
If a boy shoves me with his shoulder then he smiles at me, does he like me?
There are better and clearer ways of showing affection. Bumping a girl with your shoulder and grinning sounds like the kind of thing a young boy might do if he likes a girl. Yes, he may well like you, but I’d expect to see more than pushing and shoving before being convinced the boy was mature enough for any relationship.
A guy I know looks at me for short periods of time in class, and he just kind of tries to make me laugh, but then again, he always tries to make anyone laugh. Does he like me?
Well, he doesn’t ‘not’ like you, or he’d probably ignore you. It sounds like he’s a friendly, outgoing kind of guy. It can be really hard to read what’s going on in that kind of guy’s head.
Don’t stress about it. Just enjoy any attention he’s giving you, and wait and see what happens in the future.
I have a guy best friend. We call each other husband and wife because I said he was my husband and now he calls me his wife. But then I noticed he called me cute, and he says he misses me. Does he like me?
It certainly sounds like he likes you. He’s obviously very fond of you. But does he like you in a romantic way? It is hard to tell from a distance.
There are 50 things to look for on my list from this article. If he fits the description for the majority of them, I suspect he’s smitten.
The power of suggestion is a remarkable thing. If he’s telling you you’re cute and he misses you, maybe he’s starting to imagine you in the role of his future wife.
Or maybe he’s just a big softie. Either way, he sounds like a nice guy to be around!
© 2012 Daniel Long