50 Signs a Guy Likes You
How to Tell a Guy Is Interested in You
Perhaps there's a co-worker who has caught your eye. Or a fellow student in school with you who makes you weak in the knees every time he comes near.
You are interested in him, but how do you know if they like you? It can be embarrassing for you to ask your friends about how you can tell if he's interested. If you're shy, the last thing you want is for your friends to make a fuss. Or, even worse, to approach and ask him directly.
Here's a list of the top 50 signs that a guy may be interested for you to look over and see if any seem familiar.
Top 50 Signs He Likes You
- He leans towards you whenever you are sitting close to one another.
- He rarely turns his back on you.
- He smiles a lot and looks at you keenly.
- He maintains eye contact with you.
- He finds an excuse to touch you whenever he has the chance.
- He might try to make you jealous by flirting with other girls who are just friends to him.
- He will often show interest in things you like or that matter to you. This is an attempt for him to be closer to you.
- If he looks away quickly when you notice he is watching you, then there is a high likelihood that he likes you.
- He will be nervous around you — this is especially true if you haven’t known one another for long.
- He will have a seemingly never-ending smile on his face whenever you are around him.
- He will mimic, imitate, or try to do whatever you happen to do in the way you do it.
- He might tease you a lot, and this can especially be a massive sign he likes you when he doesn’t tease other girls around him
- He may playfully pinch your body, especially hands and cheeks.
- He starts many conversations. He asks questions and is interested in talking to you.
- He compliments and congratulates you, even when there is nothing big you have achieved to warrant praise from him.
- He compliments your make-up, clothing, or fragrance. This is a way of indirectly telling you 'I like you'.
- He may seem jealous when you are with other guys.
- He develops a strong interest in your social media conversations and comments. Suddenly he is commenting or liking your Facebook status updates or retweeting the tweets you have made.
- He may shower you with gifts.
- He prefers to be near you, even when he is supposed to be busy with work or attending to another important task.
- You receive lots of phone calls from him. He asks how you are doing and what you are up to. Does he call you often when he has nothing important to tell you? That's a sign.
- He will start acting nicer and more generous when you are around him.
- If he willingly says yes to everything you ask him to accomplish or do, he likes you. He most likely doesn't want to disappoint you by saying no.
- He does not want anyone to offend or insult you in his presence. He will defend you and make sure that you are safe and sound.
- He always wants to hang out with you and wants to introduce you to his friends
- He is less likely to allow you return back something you have borrowed from him before. He may tell you there is no need to return it and encourage you to keep it for yourself.
- He may call you sweetie, honey, baby, and the like.
- Does he say (or behave) like he misses you when you are away from one another for some time? He likes you.
- He will do things to make you laugh and stay positive.
- He will comfort you when you are having a hard time. He is the first one to say sorry when something unfortunate happens to you.
- He abandons whatever he is doing in order to find time to be with you and talk to you.
- When you are not around, he will ask your friends for clues about where you are.
- He may dress to get your attention and impress you.
- Body language signs of attraction is a sure way of telling if a guy likes you or not. Observe his body language to tell if he likes you.
- He will stare at you from top to bottom. If you see him running his eyes from top to toe, he has an interest in you.
- He will sit next to you, lean over you, or hover close by every chance he gets.
- He will ask lots of questions. He wants to know more about you and your opinions on varying topics etc.
- He wants to be seen with you. He doesn’t feel ashamed of the two of you being seen walking together, having a conversation, or having a great time. All that matters to him is you.
- He may tell you that you are beautiful and sexy, even if you don't feel it.
- He is your best companion when you are sick or not feeling well. He visits you and spends countless number of hours beside you.
- He will offer you unnecessary help to impress you and keep you happy. In the workplace, he may undertake some of your tasks.
- He does things aimed at proving to you that he is the most suitable man that you will ever find in your lifetime.
- He may offer you financial favors.
- He doesn’t mind spending on you and may spend his last dollar in order to impress you.
- He will want to be there for important events you may be having like graduating from college or celebrating a birthday.
- He will offer you support. This includes grabbing you by the hand to help you cross a busy highway.
- He will sacrifice his commitments to do something for you.
- He is generous with many nice and kind words.
- He will treat you better than he treats any other girl.
- When he starts sharing his personal secrets, you know he's definitely falling in love!
Remember to Observe Closely
There is no exact science that will tell you if a guy likes you back or not. However, there are many signs guys display when they are interested that can help you predict (or at least give clues) as to whether he likes you or not.
That said, it is hard to determine if a guy likes you as many factors come into play. Also, the behavior that you see in a man may not necessarily mean interest. Sometimes, only one or two signs may not be enough to make a judgment. Lastly, signs of attraction or love shown by one guy may not be the same used by another.
You should study the man from as many angles as possible before deciding whether he is into you or not.
Are you in a relationship?
More Helpful Hints
- How to Make a Man Fall Madly in Love With You: 13 Tips on Making a Guy Like You
Don't lose another man! Use these tips to make the man you want to fall madly in love with you.
- How To Impress A Boy: 5 Things You Can Do To Impress A Guy You Really Like
Five top ways to impress the guy you like. Simple strategies to give you confidence to catch his attention.
Questions & Answers
I’ve been hanging out with this guy that I’ve been interested in for a month or two now, and he’s exhibited signs that were mentioned in your article, but I’m not sure. I have his number, and we text a little, but I feel really nervous about texting him because I don't want to come off as annoying. We talk incessantly when we see each other in person, but when we text it just seems like neither of us knows what to talk about. Is this normal and what should I do next?Helpful 16
- Helpful 6
- Helpful 5
Should I dump my boyfriend because he hates my best friend for no apparent reason, and she was in my life first?
Choosing between your best friend and your boyfriend should not necessarily be about who was in your life first. In many ways, it has to do with who is likely to be in your life longest.
Trust is also a factor. If your boyfriend hates your bestie for no apparent reason, you have to wonder why.
If you trust your friend and there’s no reason for your boyfriend to be acting strangely towards your friend, then yes, dump the boyfriend. Find a guy who is not so weird and controlling.
I slept with a guy and after we slept together he tells me that he has a girlfriend. I met his girlfriend and things were very awkward. At first it seems as if the guy loves me. My friends think that I'm loose for sleeping with this guy...but I love him. How do I solve this? Does he love me?
What a shame you’re in such an awkward predicament. I’m guessing by now you’ve figured out you’re not really in love with the guy. You might have thought you were before, and I guess you were hoping for a love story with a happy ending, but that doesn’t sound very likely.
I sure hope you used protection. And I hope you’ve learned enough from this experience to know in the future how important it Is to talk with a guy and get to know him before sleeping with him. At least find out if he has a girlfriend or not.
A guy who cheats on his girlfriend is not a guy worth having. If he cheats on his current girlfriend, he’d probably cheat on you too even if you were his girlfriend.
Do I think he loves you? Sadly for you, no I don’t. I doubt the guy loves his girlfriend either. I suspect he’s chasing physical contact, not emotional involvement.
So I think you should view this encounter as a life lesson to help you make better decisions in the future. And I think you should tell your friends you made a mistake and will be more careful in the future. Ask your friends to help you feel better about yourself because I’m thinking you need their support right now.
© 2012 Daniel Long