A Guide to Female Body Language
The majority of communication is nonverbal. Scientists estimate that communication is mainly transmitted in this way. They estimate that 55-80 percent of communication is nonverbal. So, it is important to understand what body movements mean so that we interpret them correctly.
Sign's She Is Flirting
Below is a list of signs to look for to know if she is flirting with you. Now, if you see one of these signs and it is not repetitive and it is not combined with multiple other indicators, then it is probably not flirting. But, if you observe multiple indicators in your direction, she probably is flirting.
- If a woman catches your glance, holds your gaze and smiles, she may be interested. The chances significantly increase if this happens repeatedly. She is encouraging you to speak to her with her gaze.
- If you think she is looking at you but you are not sure, try looking at something else like the clock. If you follows you gaze to the clock, she was checking you out.
- When she speaks with you and she looks lower on your face, between your eyes and your lips, this is a flirtatious look.
- Sideways glances.
- Studies have shown that if a woman is happy to see someone her eyes may raise quickly and then lower when that person approaches.
Face & Neck
- She smiles and it reaches her eyes.
- She bites her lip.
- When a women tilts her head to the side or moves her hair to expose her neck this is a submissive flirtation method. The neck is a vulnerable part of the body. The actions says I am not a threat and I trust you not to harm me.
- Twirling hair
- Putting her hands through her hair
- Flipping her hair back over her shoulder.
- Exposing palms or wrists is a good sign.
- Most people unconsciously recognize 18 inches of space around themselves and others as personal space. If she enters your personal space or finds a reason to touch you, she is probably interested.
- If there is a group of men and women standing in a group, the woman will stand closest to the man she feels allegiance to.
- Playing with your hair or your clothing is a very good sign. She is finding a reason to be close to you.
- Turning her back on everyone else to focus on you means you are the most interesting person in the room.
- Legs crossed with knees facing in your direction are a possible sign of interest.
- Feet pointing in your direction are a good sign. Where feet pointing away from your, or especially towards the door, are a bad sign.
- She is preening by adjusting her clothes or fixing her hair.
- Alert posture around you. She stands or sits with back straight.
- Drawing attention to her neck by moving her hair or touching her next.
- If she is making her way through the room gradually to be closer to you or if she seems to pop up wherever you are, then she is probably interested.
- If a women is laughing more in your presence than most other people's, she may be interested in you.
- If she is on the opposite side of the room and gets louder, she may want you to notice her.
- She matches her voice speed and tone to yours.
Body Language - Indicators of Interest
Signs She's Not Interested
Here are signs that she is not interested.
- She does not focus on you, her gaze is wandering around the room.
- Looks away quickly.
- She smiles but it does not reach her eyes.
- Controlled facial features or lack of animation indicates that she is not engaged.
- Keeping her hands to herself. Lack of touching.
- If her legs are crossed and pointed away from you she is not interested.
- If she is leaning away from you, moving away from you, or avoiding your touch she is not interested.
Nodding in Response
If you are speaking to a women and want to indicate your interest, nod three times in a row instead of just one.This can improve engagement on the women's part because she will subconsciously recognize your interest.
- If she is standing with her arms crossed and turned away from you she is closed off and not interested.
- She does not preen to make sure she looks good.
- Hugs with one arm with the body turned away reduce the intimacy of the hug. It signals that it is just a friendly hug and nothing more. A pat at the end of a hug is a signal for release. It tells the other person to let go, the hug is over.
Sign's She's Stressed
There are many signs for when a women feels stressed, threatened, insecure, uncomfortable or anxious.
- Where the neck meets the chest there is a large dimple. This is called the suprasternal notch. If a women raises her hand to cover it or plays with a necklace placed around that vicinity, she is protecting herself. She could be feeling threatened, insecure, anxious, fearful or uncomfortable.
- Another example of stress or lack of confidence is if her shoulders rise so her neck begins to disappear.
- If she is holding hands with herself or interlocking her fingers she is trying to comfort herself.
- If she is uncomfortable she may pull herself in so that she is smaller. Her shoulder could be slumped, arms crossed, or both.
- A normal blink rate is 6 to 8 times per minute. If someone is stressed they will blink more.
No comments yet.