Does She Find You Attractive? How to Read Her Body Language to Find Out
How Do You Know If a Woman Finds You Attractive: Signs She Likes You
Many guys find it pretty easy to talk to women and they do so on a regular basis. They chat to girls who are friends of friends, they speak to women in bars who they're meeting for the first time — they talk to women all the time. But one thing still holds them back from making a move, from taking their conversations with the opposite sex to the next level and making something happen. They simply don't know whether or not the girl likes them. And the fear of asking for a date or even a phone number when she doesn't even like them is way too great to just put oneself out there and see what she says.
Their fears, in a sense, are sort of well founded. It can be hard enough at the best of times for some men to go in for the first kiss or pluck up the courage to ask for a girl's number—doing either without the assurance of knowing that she actually finds you attractive is a whole different ball game. That's why you need to know how to read female body language. Doing so will allow you to tell, without any doubt, when girls dig you and when they don't. Let's get started.
Interpreting the Secrets of Female Body Language: Cues of Attraction
Does She Find You Attractive? Secrets of Female Body Language
Before you learn exactly what to look for when determining whether or not a girl is attracted to you, it's important you understand a very crucial point:
Noticing positive body language is a good thing. But, noticing a girl's body language change from being closed, neutral, or only slightly positive, to open and very positive is a whole different thing and great.
Basically, watching for changes in a girl's body language as your conversation with her progresses is much more effective than just looking for a couple of signs here and there at the end of your conversation. Some women (and people, for that matter) will naturally exhibit very positive, open body language when they talk to strangers, while others won't. If you happen to talk to a girl who always displays certain types of positive body language when chatting to men she doesn't really know, you could easily get the wrong idea and decide that she's attracted to you, when in fact she may not be any more drawn to you than she would the next guy that comes along.
But when you see a girl's body language change in a positive way as you interact and talk to each other, there's no doubt about it: you're growing on her. She's liking and becoming attracted to you more and more. Her body language wouldn't change if she wasn't. Now you know about this important point, you're ready to learn exactly what changes to look for.
Here they are, the specific gestures and signals women make and exhibit when they are attracted to you. They're in no particular order. Just remember that if a girl isn't displaying one of these in the first 10 or so minutes of talking to you, but then does display it, the chances are she really likes you and is becoming increasingly sexually attracted to you. The more positive changes you notice, the more she likes you.
When a Girl Purses Her Lips or Lets Her Hair Down: Does She Think I'm Attractive?
Interpreting Her Body Language When Talking To You: Head and Face
• Greater eye contact. She holds your gaze for longer, more intense periods before looking away.
• More smiling. She starts to smile more than before. When she does smile, you can see that the muscles around her eyes crinkle just a little - indicating a genuine smile.
• Head nodding. She nods more while you're talking, showing that you're on the same level and that she agrees with what you're saying, even if you're not making a specific statement or expressing a definite opinion on something. Combined with wide open eyes and a smile, increased head nodding is a very strong sign a girl is attracted to you.
• She tilts her head slightly to one side. This head gesture indicates that she subconsciously wants you to know that she's listening and interested in what you're saying.
• She licks her lips more often, drawing your attention to her mouth, which is a secondary sexual feature of the female body.
• She purses/clenches her lips LESS often. Pursed or tensed lips are often signs a person is a little bored. Women don't mind tensing their lips around people they're not attracted to, but will rarely do it when talking to men they feel sexual chemistry with - simply because they need their lips to look attractive and inviting.
• She bites the inside of her cheek LESS often. This is the mouth's equivalent of the twiddling of our thumbs. The less she does it, the better it is for you and your chances with her.
• She tilts her head downwards. She lowers her chin down closer to her chest and widens her eyes at the same time. Women do this because it makes their faces more attractive to the basic instincts present in the male brain. Bigger eyes appeal to the male sexual psyche.
• She lowers her upper eyelids. They are often known as "bedroom eyes" and are reminiscent of the facial expression seen on women's faces when they reach orgasm. When women give you bedroom eyes while you talk to them they're indicating that they're in an aousal state and want you to know it.
• She glances at you sideways. Instead of positioning her face so it's looking directly at you, she looks at you from aside. This is a woman's way of creating sexual tension between you and her. The sideways glance is saying "chase me".
What Does it Mean When a Woman Tilts Her Neck?
• She tilts her head to the side slightly. The head tilt is not only a sign she wants to appear to be listening, but also it's it's a way of exposing her neck to you and therefore appearing a little vulnerable. She sees you as an attractive, dominant man and wants you to know it.
• She flicks her hair from one side to the other. Doing this accomplishes three things. First, it draws your attention to her long, feminine hair (a positive sexual feature in the male evolutionary brain). Second, it exposes her neck (see previous point). Third, it's a noticeable, attention-grabbing motion. The movement makes you want to look at the person that's made it. Just like when you're walking down the street and you see a movement out of the corner of your eye. You naturally glance in its direction to see what it is and what it could mean to you, your safety and your general situation.
• She touches or strokes her lips. In doing so, she wants to draw attention to her mouth
• She rubs her face, head or neck for moment with one of her hands. This raises her arm, drawing her breasts up, closer to your line of sight and exposes her underarms - an effective way of blasting her pheromones out in your direction.
• Furtive eye contact. This one mainly applies before you approach and start talking to a girl. She makes eye contact with you, then, a split second after your eyes meet, looks away and turns her head either downwards or to the side.
• Her blink rate increases. More blinking draws your attention to her eyes and long, fluttering eyelashes.
Female Body Language: Flirtation and Attraction
Does She Like Me? Flirtatious Body Language: Arms and Torso
• She drops any physical barriers. For example, her arms held across her body or drink held in front of her chest.
• She strokes the back of one of her hands, drawing attention to her soft skin and the idea of caressing it.
• She touches you. When she makes gestures with her hands, they move in close to you for a moment, perhaps even touching you briefly.
• Emphasizes breast size. She pulls her upper arms tight in to the sides of her breasts, making them look fuller and more pert.
• Her listening pose. While you talk, she rests one of her elbows in the palm of her hand while holding her other hand palm-up.
• Stroking her arms. She gently encircles one of her wrists with her hand and glides it up and down her arm.
• She exposes one or both of her wrists to you. This indicates that she recognizes and likes your dominant presence and shows that she's happy being submissive to you.
• You have her full attention. She sits with her torso facing in your direction with good posture, not slumping.
• Plays with jewelry. She fingers and plays with her jewelry, especially her necklace. This could be a sign of nervousness and an unconscious effort to draw attention to her wrists and neck, two erogenous zones.
• She touches you, your hand, shoulder, or thigh while talking to you.
Cues from Female Body Language: Legs and Feet
• She brushes her thigh up against yours. And she does this more than once.
• She crosses her legs and points them in your direction. This accomplishes two things. First, it makes her legs look longer (which is a turn-on and attractive to the subliminal male mind because it indicates youthfulness, and therefore fertility, in the female). Second, by pointing them in your direction she's signalling that it's you she wants to notice her and her sexy legs.
• She crosses her legs and dangles a shoe off her foot. Women wearing high heels will often do this. It's a subliminal message that, as well as doing what's described in the point before this one, says: "I'm tired and about ready for bed."
• She crosses then re-crosses her legs the other way. This doubles the effectiveness of crossed female legs, because of the very noticeable movement that's involved in the action of re-crossing them. Think Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct.
Voice and Body Language: When Talking to You
• She interjects with enthusiastic words and phrases like, "really?", "yeah..." and "mmm..." This shows that she wants you to know that she's interested in what you're saying - a good way of getting you to like her back.
• She matches your speech speed and tonality. This means that she's speaking at the same rate as you and with similar inflections and nuances. She's adjusting her own behavior to match yours.
• She echoes your vocabulary. For example, a few minutes after you've said it, she might also use the word "gigantic" or say the phrase "do you know what I mean?"
• Her tone of voice becomes more enthusiastic. She is quicker to respond to the things you say and not afraid to interrupt you. This shows that she feels really comfortable in your presence.
• She uses "I" words, like "my" and "me," more often to get you thinking and imagining her as much as possible in your mind's eye.