I love giving tips to others about finding out if a woman is interested in you.
How Do You Know If a Woman Finds You Attractive: Signs She Likes You
Many guys find it pretty easy to talk to women and they do so on a regular basis. They chat to girls who are friends of friends, they speak to women in bars who they're meeting for the first time — they talk to women all the time. But one thing still holds them back from making a move, from taking their conversations with the opposite sex to the next level and making something happen. They simply don't know whether or not the girl likes them. And the fear of asking for a date or even a phone number when she doesn't even like them is way too great to just put oneself out there and see what she says.
Their fears, in a sense, are sort of well founded. It can be hard enough at the best of times for some men to go in for the first kiss or pluck up the courage to ask for a girl's number—doing either without the assurance of knowing that she actually finds you attractive is a whole different ball game. That's why you need to know how to read female body language. Doing so will allow you to tell, without any doubt, when girls dig you and when they don't. Let's get started.
Interpreting the Secrets of Female Body Language: Cues of Attraction
Does She Find You Attractive? Secrets of Female Body Language
Before you learn exactly what to look for when determining whether or not a girl is attracted to you, it's important you understand a very crucial point:
Noticing positive body language is a good thing. But, noticing a girl's body language change from being closed, neutral, or only slightly positive, to open and very positive is a whole different thing and great.
Basically, watching for changes in a girl's body language as your conversation with her progresses is much more effective than just looking for a couple of signs here and there at the end of your conversation. Some women (and people, for that matter) will naturally exhibit very positive, open body language when they talk to strangers, while others won't. If you happen to talk to a girl who always displays certain types of positive body language when chatting to men she doesn't really know, you could easily get the wrong idea and decide that she's attracted to you, when in fact she may not be any more drawn to you than she would the next guy that comes along.
But when you see a girl's body language change in a positive way as you interact and talk to each other, there's no doubt about it: you're growing on her. She's liking and becoming attracted to you more and more. Her body language wouldn't change if she wasn't. Now you know about this important point, you're ready to learn exactly what changes to look for.
Here they are, the specific gestures and signals women make and exhibit when they are attracted to you. They're in no particular order. Just remember that if a girl isn't displaying one of these in the first 10 or so minutes of talking to you, but then does display it, the chances are she really likes you and is becoming increasingly sexually attracted to you. The more positive changes you notice, the more she likes you.
Interpreting Her Body Language When Talking To You: Head and Face
• Greater eye contact. She holds your gaze for longer, more intense periods before looking away.
• More smiling. She starts to smile more than before. When she does smile, you can see that the muscles around her eyes crinkle just a little - indicating a genuine smile.
• Head nodding. She nods more while you're talking, showing that you're on the same level and that she agrees with what you're saying, even if you're not making a specific statement or expressing a definite opinion on something. Combined with wide open eyes and a smile, increased head nodding is a very strong sign a girl is attracted to you.
• She tilts her head slightly to one side. This head gesture indicates that she subconsciously wants you to know that she's listening and interested in what you're saying.
• She licks her lips more often, drawing your attention to her mouth, which is a secondary sexual feature of the female body.
• She purses/clenches her lips LESS often. Pursed or tensed lips are often signs a person is a little bored. Women don't mind tensing their lips around people they're not attracted to, but will rarely do it when talking to men they feel sexual chemistry with - simply because they need their lips to look attractive and inviting.
• She bites the inside of her cheek LESS often. This is the mouth's equivalent of the twiddling of our thumbs. The less she does it, the better it is for you and your chances with her.
• She tilts her head downwards. She lowers her chin down closer to her chest and widens her eyes at the same time. Women do this because it makes their faces more attractive to the basic instincts present in the male brain. Bigger eyes appeal to the male sexual psyche.
• She lowers her upper eyelids. They are often known as "bedroom eyes" and are reminiscent of the facial expression seen on women's faces when they reach orgasm. When women give you bedroom eyes while you talk to them they're indicating that they're in an aousal state and want you to know it.
• She glances at you sideways. Instead of positioning her face so it's looking directly at you, she looks at you from aside. This is a woman's way of creating sexual tension between you and her. The sideways glance is saying "chase me".
What Does it Mean When a Woman Tilts Her Neck?
• She tilts her head to the side slightly. The head tilt is not only a sign she wants to appear to be listening, but also it's it's a way of exposing her neck to you and therefore appearing a little vulnerable. She sees you as an attractive, dominant man and wants you to know it.
• She flicks her hair from one side to the other. Doing this accomplishes three things. First, it draws your attention to her long, feminine hair (a positive sexual feature in the male evolutionary brain). Second, it exposes her neck (see previous point). Third, it's a noticeable, attention-grabbing motion. The movement makes you want to look at the person that's made it. Just like when you're walking down the street and you see a movement out of the corner of your eye. You naturally glance in its direction to see what it is and what it could mean to you, your safety and your general situation.
• She touches or strokes her lips. In doing so, she wants to draw attention to her mouth
• She rubs her face, head or neck for moment with one of her hands. This raises her arm, drawing her breasts up, closer to your line of sight and exposes her underarms - an effective way of blasting her pheromones out in your direction.
• Furtive eye contact. This one mainly applies before you approach and start talking to a girl. She makes eye contact with you, then, a split second after your eyes meet, looks away and turns her head either downwards or to the side.
• Her blink rate increases. More blinking draws your attention to her eyes and long, fluttering eyelashes.
Female Body Language: Flirtation and Attraction
Does She Like Me? Flirtatious Body Language: Arms and Torso
• She drops any physical barriers. For example, her arms held across her body or drink held in front of her chest.
• She strokes the back of one of her hands, drawing attention to her soft skin and the idea of caressing it.
• She touches you. When she makes gestures with her hands, they move in close to you for a moment, perhaps even touching you briefly.
• Emphasizes breast size. She pulls her upper arms tight in to the sides of her breasts, making them look fuller and more pert.
• Her listening pose. While you talk, she rests one of her elbows in the palm of her hand while holding her other hand palm-up.
• Stroking her arms. She gently encircles one of her wrists with her hand and glides it up and down her arm.
• She exposes one or both of her wrists to you. This indicates that she recognizes and likes your dominant presence and shows that she's happy being submissive to you.
• You have her full attention. She sits with her torso facing in your direction with good posture, not slumping.
• Plays with jewelry. She fingers and plays with her jewelry, especially her necklace. This could be a sign of nervousness and an unconscious effort to draw attention to her wrists and neck, two erogenous zones.
• She touches you, your hand, shoulder, or thigh while talking to you.
Cues from Female Body Language: Legs and Feet
• She brushes her thigh up against yours. And she does this more than once.
• She crosses her legs and points them in your direction. This accomplishes two things. First, it makes her legs look longer (which is a turn-on and attractive to the subliminal male mind because it indicates youthfulness, and therefore fertility, in the female). Second, by pointing them in your direction she's signalling that it's you she wants to notice her and her sexy legs.
• She crosses her legs and dangles a shoe off her foot. Women wearing high heels will often do this. It's a subliminal message that, as well as doing what's described in the point before this one, says: "I'm tired and about ready for bed."
• She crosses then re-crosses her legs the other way. This doubles the effectiveness of crossed female legs, because of the very noticeable movement that's involved in the action of re-crossing them. Think Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct.
Voice and Body Language: When Talking to You
• She interjects with enthusiastic words and phrases like, "really?", "yeah..." and "mmm..." This shows that she wants you to know that she's interested in what you're saying - a good way of getting you to like her back.
• She matches your speech speed and tonality. This means that she's speaking at the same rate as you and with similar inflections and nuances. She's adjusting her own behavior to match yours.
• She echoes your vocabulary. For example, a few minutes after you've said it, she might also use the word "gigantic" or say the phrase "do you know what I mean?"
• Her tone of voice becomes more enthusiastic. She is quicker to respond to the things you say and not afraid to interrupt you. This shows that she feels really comfortable in your presence.
• She uses "I" words, like "my" and "me," more often to get you thinking and imagining her as much as possible in your mind's eye.
Jone on May 02, 2020:
Ross on March 23, 2020:
Say whats reat and to the point she will get it and so will you!
daniel on October 13, 2019:
You guys are desperate. just ask her out and stop being a cowards.We are men or girls. stand tall and proud and let them know...,you are not afraid. now go get youself a girl or boy.huh. bitch
Lionheart on September 13, 2019:
I had a lady say walking passed me say "hmm good morning".. what does that supposed to mean?
Cranky McWankey on June 06, 2019:
This info is legit. Worked for me.
Saif on October 28, 2018:
Never Leave An Opportunity To Get Laid, you might regret it later.
Oluwaseun Adeyemi on September 16, 2018:
Pls a female friend of mine asked me to escort her somewhere in the night while coming back she bought an alcohol and was drunk,she holds my hand in her arm.what does that mean please?
Balwindar on December 27, 2017:
I have seen a lady displaying some cues today
1. pointing her feet in my direction
2. rubbing her thighs
3. displaying her back
4. playing with hair
5. displaying her butt
6. making movements to draw my attention
7. glancing at me every now and then.
RANDHIR VYAS on July 11, 2017:
not so effective in india
Andrew on April 11, 2017:
Manish on February 04, 2017:
Excellent piece 5/5
Dave on August 25, 2016:
What dose it mean when I'm talking to this lady i know keeps looking at my neck.
Eder on August 17, 2016:
Women who are verbally agressive like the ones who wrote ugly comments here can't love and are not healthy females. That's why they can't show attraction non verbally. But, as a 32 year old musician who's single, I've seen girls display these signs of attraction over and over again. It's all true.
sagar on October 30, 2014:
Ok i think its nice let me try with girl friend
Carlos on August 26, 2014:
So....In this day and age, people use how many likes you get on shared link or status as signs that you like. People do have their own ways but body language is indeed the real deal. It also doesn't hurt to hang out with the object of your desires consistently and get to know them. That's when she starts giving you cues.
coffee place girl on July 08, 2014:
Takenforafool; are you the coffee place guy? If so I'm still here.
rubbish on April 11, 2014:
This is the biggest load of bullshit i have ever read in my entire life, and my boyfroend was trying to get tips for your dumb ass, well me being a female knows the truth and nearly 90% of this is utter bullshitc
Sexymota4541990@hotmail.com on April 17, 2012:
I need help knowing if my dream girl likes me back .ok let's start from beginning she is bosses sister she respects her brothers. Ok before boss knew I liked her she would stare into my eyes with cureosity she would fix her hair wear I couldn't see her ok now that boss knows now she told me never to say happy valintines day again to her when that's all I texted her she asked me to remove her number from my phone but here is wired part she leans her torso on me she bends over infront of me chest first no bra and makes Shure I look she lift up pants to make her butt look nicer infront of me she throws food at me ? She stands up for me when someone try's saying something bad about me she try's acting week around me and has me do stuff for her that she can do easy she sings around me iv caught her mimicking stuff I do she always says it was nice working with you like on organizing stuff she puts on perfume ASAP she tells her little bros to do as I say she asks my opinion a lot she played song already taken infront of me and yesterday she smiled when friend told her I like her She tryes making me jealous like she will laugh at something my friend says but the ask him to repeat what he said she gets fusterated when I don't repair her phone when her brother can do more than me with phones but she will ask me .....I think she likes me and if she does I'll make Shure I'm what she deserves ect and won't let anything or anyone get in my way .i looked for a girl with smarts heart and very kind I finally found her She is all I want I'm in love my eyes changed from hey she I hot to ok she is a girl my hearts changed to I use to go after money with passion but now it's like I would trade everything just to see her smile
Da man comes around on March 29, 2012:
This info is mind blowing, truth is, our body speaks more than our words. This article was a master piece in conveying the importance of non-verbal communication. *applause* *sniffles* *stand and ovation*
Da man comes around on March 29, 2012:
tampababy on March 23, 2012:
I am sorry but most of this is not true, some maybe ,but most NOT!!! If you guys sit there looking at things like that you are going to be reading her all wrong. We are not doing it bc we are attracted are not attracted we're doing it bc that's what girls do. You will know by a feeling we are simply a bitch if we don't like you or if your a nice guy and we just aren't interested we will tell you in a nice way... I"m taken or something. Don't listen to this bull.
intertwat on March 20, 2012:
Heh heh! what a bunch of sad wankers you lot really are if you go for any of this crap lol what a complete load!!!
D Drew on March 18, 2012:
hey... i think even if it isn't 100% accurate its pretty descriptive... i'll give this a 96% any day.. lool way to go. am sooo using this
A-Dog on March 13, 2012:
only b****es post bad comments and these things are true and helpful hahaha thanks
Takenfor@fool on December 22, 2011:
Some chick did this shit to me and I cant stop thinking about her.... its retarded but it works lol
getyourfactsright on December 02, 2011:
all that positioning with the body stufff is total crap..reaalyy? who does that boring lip puring, arms, legs sh!t anymore...ITS ALL IN THE WAY THEY LLOOK AND ACT AROUND U!!!! BE MORE REALISTIC WHEN POSTIING STUFF LIKE THIS..smfh -.-
carlito on June 24, 2011:
Farah my friend, that is the mystery of women. Good luck.
Farah Shaheen on May 06, 2011:
I m in deep love with a girl , we have never talked to each other but for last 3 months she always stared at me continuously and gave good smiles at me whenever we met but yesterday she saw me and turned her back towards me what does this mean she likes me or what. I m Disheartened?
khairul on May 06, 2011:
This is nonsense.
L on January 14, 2011:
As a woman, I can say this is complete bull. Women subconsciously do this, WHETHER OR NOT they are attracted to whoever they are speaking with.
dropholion on January 07, 2011:
Nice one man
IndexProverbs on July 08, 2010:
all you need is confidence!
pb3131 from Amherst, MA on January 19, 2010:
Excellent hub. Here is what moves things along once you notice that she is doing some of these things: subtly mirror her actions. Reread and notice how many times 'matching' and 'echoing' show her interest. If you do the same, especially with posture, voice and movement it greatly increases rapport!
Cory on December 21, 2009:
very good job on this realy helped me!
Madame know all on August 04, 2009:
Hmmmmm very hmmmmm... I saw this exact article on the net from over a year ago.. HMMMMMMM
Amber90 on December 24, 2008:
I am with jane - secrets out. I was at first scanning over these...then intently reading and thinking i don't do that...wait...i do. So I will have to start perfecting my moves...be a little harder to get. Very nice hub. A lot of thought went into this and you have done a wonderful job.
janempowers from New York, NY on December 21, 2008:
Very thorough and well written... Great info for the men out there...
D on September 19, 2008:
Very well compiled and complete list. 5/5.