Does He Like Me - 5 Ways and Signs to Know if a Guy is Interested in You
Does he like me?
If you're a girl or woman, you might be asking this question and really, it's not easy how to tell if he likes you. No, there is no need to seduce him to find out (don't try the picture above).
Here is the problem: Men are not as expressive as women. It can be even be said they are emotionally distant. Many women complain that their male partners do not share their feelings.
In most cultures, specially in Western culture, men have been made to believe that they should achieve success, power, status and wealth, and thus they are more aggressive and competitive. Because of this, men are not verbal when expressing their emotions because they see this as a sign weakness, they'd rather express themselves sexually, which is again how they use power.
Unless the man or boy you like was brought up in a family where males can express their emotions freely, your ideal man would usually be very calculating when expressing their feelings, specially if it involves romance.
And you should know that some men just have a problem talking to women! Countless books have been published about how men can solve this problem
Most men men are afraid of failure and rejection, thus they hesitate to show interest in a girl even if he likes her, just because of this fear that she won't like him.
Does he like me? How to know
It might take a little more close observation to know if he likes you, unless of course you will ask him directly, which most women won't do. Here are 5 ways to answer the question: "does he like me?"
1. Watch his body language. A gesture as subtle as the way he smiles, places his hand, points his feet or moves his eyes can tell you a lot. Does he fidget a lot? This might mean he's nervous or things are going on at the back of his mind while talking to you, of he might be trying to show off and catch your attention. A good sign that he feels something for you.
Also men would try to appear dominant when trying to attract females, so they resort to gestures that would make them appear bigger and stronger such as puffing his chest, trying to appear taller and placing his hands on his hips.
Has he ever touched you? If yes, then it's a good sign that he's trying to attract you.
2. Watch his grooming. Does he make an effort to look good when he's with you? That could be a very positive sign! Males tend look their best when they’re interested in a female. They begin to pay attention to their grooming and personal appearance. Notice if he smooths his collar or fixes his hair when you're around.
3. Smell him. One of the ways to attract women is through the sense of smell, so if he puts on a lot of cologne whenever he meets you and he tries to get close to you so you can smell it, then it's a sign that he likes you. If he doesn't wear a cologne, then at least he tries to make sure that he doesn't smell bad. Does he always smell fresh like he's been out of the shower? Then he could be interested in you.
4. Read between the lines. Men are not direct and straight to the point when it comes to romantic matters. They try to beat around the bush, so to speak. They will give hints, even if they are not conscious of this at all. So it's up to you to read between the lines and do some interpretation. But do not make a conclusion based on a single conversation. Try to observe him over the course of several encounters and see if he's dropping a hint verbally. This may include extra sweet expressions, words that convey that he cares or that he's around to help you anytime.
5. Snoop around his social circle. Often, men would share their secrets with their closest buddies and these closest buddies would often leak this out! So if you just work your way through his friends and family, you might just have the chance to know this. If he talks a lot about you to his friends and family, then it's a very positive sign. If you make yourself connected to his friends and family, this would allow them to open up to you and let you know.
This is not a complete list of ways to answer the question: "does he like me" but I hope you find this a good start to find out if he's interested. Remember, you are looking for signs that he likes you, and they could be very subtle.
If you see at least three out of the five ways stated above, then you could try to take an effort to open him up and make him more comfortable in expressing himself to you.
Photo credits: 1