Claudia has been writing online for over 6 years and has written over 50 craft tutorials that have garnered hundreds of thousands of views.
Get Into the 'Hoco' Spirit With a Cute Homecoming Proposal
Not sure how to invite your crush to homecoming? Want to surprise the love of your life with a unique and memorable homecoming invitation? Then look no further than this list of proposal ideas. You'll find all kinds of themes that will help you make this moment special, ranging from movies to sports to food. Take a look and see if you can find that perfect proposal that is sure to get a positive response!
Use a Sports Theme to Up Your Game
Are you a big time sports jock or is your crush the star of the high school basketball team? Whatever the sport, this list has you covered.
Use the following homecoming proposals by writing the question on a poster board that's decorated with basketballs and hoops. Alternatively, you can cut the poster board into the shape of a basketball or write the question on an actual basketball.
- Before you go and shoot some 3's, will you go to homecoming with me?
- Wanna take a shot at homecoming with me?
- I'd get a slam dunk if you went to homecoming with me!
To get into the baseball theme, decorate your poster board with a couple of baseballs, bats, and gloves. You can also cut the poster board into the shape of a base.
- I might strike-out asking, but will you go to homecoming with me?
- Can I steal you for a date to homecoming?
- You've caught my attention, so let's go have a ball at homecoming!
- I'd have a home run if you went to homecoming with me!
Write the question onto a football and show it to your crush. You can also just write the message on a poster board cut into the shape of a football.
- I would be so happy if I scored a date with you to homecoming!
- Wanna tackle homecoming with me?
- You intercepted my heart—will you go to homecoming with me?
Cut a poster board into the shape of a hockey puck, stick, or the Stanley Cup and write the message on it.
- You're pretty cool, just like ice. Will you skate to homecoming with me?
- Going to homecoming with you would be like winning the Stanley Cup! Wanna take a shot with me?
- My biggest goal is to get you to go to HOCO with me. How about giving it a shot?
If your crush likes volleyball, what better way to ask them to homecoming than by using a volleyball theme! Write the question onto a volleyball and show it to them.
- Wanna hit homecoming with me
- I have an ace of an idea—I would dig it if you would go to homecoming with me!
- I'd dig it if you'd be my homecoming date!
Write the message on a poster board decorated with fish, swimming googles, or even the shapes of actual swimmers!
Read More From Pairedlife
- Let's swim like fish to the homecoming dance!
- You don't need goggles to see that I want to go to homecoming with you. You wanna take the plunge with me?
- I hope you are free to fly to HOCO with me. I hope you won't back out!
Draw a track, starting line, or a pair of running shoes onto the poster and show one of these messages to your crush.
- On your mark, get set, and go with me to homecoming, please!
- Put away your running shoes and put on your dancing shoes! Will you go to homecoming with me?
- I would be so xcited if you would run to homecoming with me!
Does your crush bend it like Beckham? Write one of these messages on a soccer ball and kick it their way—they'll be sure to pass it back with a positive answer!
- It's my goal to go with you to homecoming! Wanna go?
- Will you kick it with me at HC?
- It's my goal to kick it with you at HOCO. How about it?
Entertain Your Crush With an Entertainment-Themed Proposal
Does your significant other have a favorite movie? Do you and your crush binge watch the same television show? Or, maybe your love is in the drama club. Whatever it is, you'll find pretty much any type of entertainment covered here.
Draw the logo or some important themes from their favorite movie onto a poster board next to the message. They'll be sure to go with you to homecoming—and maybe they'll even catch a movie with you beforehand!
- I'm seeking a homecoming date and I think you're a keeper! Homecoming? (Harry Potter)
- Why go over to the dark side when you can join me at homecoming? (Star Wars)
- Please be the Daisy to my Gatsby—homecoming? (The Great Gatsby)
- It would be super if you'd be my date for homecoming! (Superman)
- Batman's sidekick is Robin and I'd love it if you'd be mine at HOCO? (Batman)
- HOCO would be pitch perfect with you! How about it? (Pitch Perfect)
If your crush is a huge Disney fan, decorate your poster with an iconic scene or character from the movie.
- This may be Sully, but would you go to HOCO with me? (Monster's Inc.)
- Mickey needs Minnie, Tigger needs Pooh, I need to go to Homecoming with you! (Winnie the Pooh)
- Cinderella found her prince charming, and I think I've found mine. Will you be my Prince Charming at homecoming? (Cinderella)
- Do you Moana go to homecoming with me? (Moana)
- Are you Up for homecoming? (Up)
- Don't leave me Frozen out, will you go to HOCO with me? (Frozen)
Is your crush a Netflix fan? Draw some scenes and symbols from these popular shows and maybe you'll get to Netflix and chill...and then go to homecoming!
- I may not be Dr. Shepherd, but you can be my Meredith Grey and go with me to homecoming! (Greys' Anatomy)
- You don't have a homecoming date? False! You do now! (The Office)
- This Bachelor requests that you accept this red rose from me and be my homecoming date. (The Bachelor)
- I'll be your Jughead if you'll be my Betty at homecoming? (Riverdale)
Make Your Crush Feel Warm and Fuzzy Inside With a Cute Animal Theme
Hardly anyone can resist a cute and cuddly animal, and these homecoming proposals are sure to please any animal lover out there.
Show your crush a poster board with the message written on it. Give her a stuffed or toy animal along with it—or, if you happen to have the animal, hang a sign with the message written on it around its neck!
- I really like you—I'm ofishally hooked! Will you tackle homecoming with me? (Fish)
- I'd be beary happy if you'd go to homecoming with me! (Bear)
- Will you goat to homecoming with me? (Goat)
- I'd be a lucky duck if you'd go to homecoming with me! (Duck)
- Homecoming would be ruff without you! (Dog)
- HOCO would be purrfect with you. Will you go with me? (Cat)
Your Crush Will Think You're Sweet If You Use a Food Theme!
Most people can't refuse good food, and they probably won't refuse your request if you give them delicious treats while asking them to homecoming.
Place your crush's favorite food next to a poster board with a cute message written on it. You'll fill your crush's heart and stomach!
- My heart would "fry" if you didn't go to homecoming with me! (French fries)
- I'm gonna "wing it" and ask you to homecoming! (Chicken wings)
- Please donut say no. Homecoming? (Donuts)
- I would be soda-lighted if you'd go to homecoming with me! (Soda)
- Hey cu"tea" pie! Would you be my homecoming date? (Tea)
- Be a smartie and take this dum dum to homecoming! (Candy)
- "Honey Comb" your hair and come to the homecoming dance! (Cereal)
- Will you roll with me to homecoming? (Sushi)
- This is kind of cheesy, but will you go to homecoming with me? (Pizza)
- There's no one bundt you that I'd like to take to HOCO. Will you? (Bundt cake)
- I'd be berry happy if you'd go to HOCO with me! (Chocolate-covered strawberries)
Other Themes That Will Get You a "Yes"
If you aren't exactly sure what theme you are looking for, here are a few more ideas. Some are more old-fashioned, some are romantic, and some are just silly fun! Write the message on a poster board decorated with images from the same theme.
- Will you "Croc" Homecoming with me? (Clothes and fashion)
- I'm hunting for a homecoming date! You game? (Hunting)
- Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish you may, I wish you might, be my date on homecoming night (Poetry)
- Roses are red, tiaras are stunning, will you be my princess for homecoming? (Poetry)
- Flowers are the second most beautiful thing—you are the first. Homecoming? (Flowers)
- Pick me for HOCO! (Guitars)
Tips for Creating the Perfect Homecoming Proposal
- Be Creative! Add lots of bling to make your sign sparkle.
- Make your poster stand out by writing the catchphrase in a different color and in all caps.
- To jazz up your poster, add cut-outs or drawings, not just words.
- A great poster will be a hit, but take the proposal over the top with a bouquet of flowers or a little gift.
How Do You Ask Someone to Homecoming?
It can be a bit nerve-wracking to ask a girl out to a date, let alone to a big dance such as homecoming. But don't worry, it's not as hard as you think! It just takes some time, a little bit of thoughtfulness, and confidence. Here are a few tips to help you come up with the perfect proposal.
- Pick a theme. What types of things does your crush like? They'll be more inclined to say yes if you pick a theme and style that suits their interests instead of your own.
- Decide on your setting. Is your crush the type to want a big, drawn-out homecoming proposal in front of the entire school? Or are they the more private type, preferring a more intimate setting?
- Prepare in advance. Don't wait until the last second to ask your crush out. After all, you wouldn't want someone else to ask them out first! Take the time to prepare all the materials in advance so that everything looks nice and it doesn't look rushed.
- Take a deep breath, and just ask! Even if you're scared that your crush will say no, you'll never know unless you ask, and you'll regret it if you don't even try.
And ladies, you don't have to wait until Sadie Hawkins to ask your crush to a dance. You can ask him out to any dance you like. Again, think of what sorts of things he likes, put your materials together, and ask!
You Can Use These Ideas for Prom and Other School Events
Homecoming isn't the only special occasion that needs a fun and cute proposal. Feel free to use these ideas to ask your crush out for prom, ball, Sadie Hawkins, or any other dance or activity! Just make sure to replace the word "homecoming" with the corresponding event.
Though asking your crush out can be scary, it's always worth it to try! They can't say yes if you don't ask them. Good luck with your homecoming proposal and have a great time!
© 2018 Claudia Mitchell