50 Fun, Flirty, and Romantic Things to Do with Your Girlfriend
Indulge Your Inner Romantic
Are you out of ideas for fun things to do with your girlfriend? Look beyond the typical dinner dates and movie outings and think outside of the box to surprise your girl and make her smile. It's worth taking the time to indulge your inner romantic—it will likely inspire her to indulge in her flirty side as well. Here are 50 cool ideas that you can use to have fun with your girlfriend. Go on, be the fun boyfriend you always wanted to be!
See the table below for all 50 ideas at a glance, then read the in-depth section beneath for more detail on how to carry out each activity.
At a Glance
1. Play games with her on your Playstation, Wii, or Xbox
2. Grab a pen and start sketching on your girlfriend's body
3. Play a prank on her and record it on video
4. Plan a weekend at home when you wear her clothes and she wears yours, including undergarments
5. Seize a lazy Sunday afternoon to watch a foreign comedy without subtitles with her
6. Take your girlfriend to a vineyard for a wine tasting
7. Give her a unique box-in-a-box gift
8. Book a mini theater for a private screening
9. Take your girlfriend to a flea market sale
10. Send her exotic flowers. Roses are passé. Orchids are in.
11. Buy your girlfriend a hot and stylish bikini
12. Take your girlfriend out for a late night walk
13. Get her a basket of bath products
14. Solve a thousand-piece puzzle together
15. Take your girlfriend skiing
16. Plan a marathon session of her favorite sitcoms
17. Make your girlfriend a signature cocktail
18. Take her out on a short road trip
19. Buy your girlfriend stone jewelry
20. Soak with your girlfriend in a private jacuzzi
21. Take her to the tallest skyscraper in your city
22. Give your girlfriend some foot reflexology
23. Paint your girlfriend's nails
24. Give your girlfriend a Photoshopped portrait
25. Rent a bicycle and take her for a day picnic
26. Get her a celebrity's style–whether it is clothes, shoes, or jewelry
27. Take your girlfriend out for dessert
28. Kiss her in a public place
29. Offer to defragment and clean up her laptop
30. Take her out for a game
31. Organize a girl's night out for her
32. Take your girlfriend pub hopping
33. Cook a meal for her
34. Get her a bottle of rare wine. If you can't afford that, make an inexpensive wine look fancy.
35. Paint something with your girlfriend
36. Make a customized mug using a photo of both of you
37. Take pottery classes together
38. Download romantic apps on both of your phones
39. Appoint specific days for specific activities to make every day a celebration
40. Take her to a fruit orchard
41. Go to a crystal ball psychic or a tarot card reader together
42. Compose a signature melody for her
43. Treat your girlfriend to a digital scrapbook show
44. Tweet a poem dedicated to her
45. Hand-feed her chocolate-covered strawberries while she lies on the couch
46. Go to karaoke with your girlfriend
47. Ask to see her childhood photographs
48. Let her give you a haircut
49. Shave your girlfriend's legs
50. Initiate your girlfriend into the world of foosball
1) Play Games with Her on Your Playstation, Wii, or Xbox
Neither of you need to be a gamer to enjoy a hearty session of tennis, ping pong, etc on Wii Sports. Gaming consoles can offer hour after hour of unlimited unisex fun. If you aren't onto this trend yet, you better hop on. It's the perfect thing to do when your girl is bored—just watch the smile on her face when she begins.
2) Grab a Pen and Start Sketching on Your Girlfriend's Body
Ask her to do the same on yours. Just see how the hours go by as you both have fun drawing the craziest things on each other's body. If you are not the creative types at all, you can buy a few temporary tattoos and have fun inking each other's bodies with those. While clothing is optional, it is recommended that you keep your underclothing on so that you keep drawing and don't get distracted—unless you want to be.
3) Play a Prank on Her and Record It on Video
Play a prank—it can be something as simple as creeping up behind your girlfriend to scare her or something as complicated as setting up a prank situation with the help of your friends. Don't forget to take her out for a nice dinner afterward to make up for your mischievous ways.
4) Plan a Weekend at Home When You Wear Her Clothes and She Wears Yours, Including Undergarments
Arm yourselves with a camera and take pictures as you both pose for priceless snaps that you'll laugh over for years to come. Just make sure that you store the pictures safely. In the wrong hands, they can cause a lot of unnecessary jokes at your expense.
5) Seize a Lazy Sunday Afternoon to Watch a Foreign Comedy without Subtitles with Her
You both indulge in your own conversations and playful antics while you enjoy watching the idiosyncrasies of a foreign culture. Yes, it is random but it is fun.
6) Take Your Girlfriend to a Vineyard for a Wine Tasting
She will enjoy the serene and romantic setting of the vineyard, and you both will have fun tasting a variety of wines and cheeses. Some vineyards will also let you experience the wine making process—so you'll be learning all about the different wines, types of wine glasses, and much more. You may even have a chance to crushing grapes beneath your feet!
7) Give her a Unique Box-in-a-Box Gift
Get about 20 different sizes of boxes, ranging from the very small to the biggest you can find. They should be able to fit inside one another. Place a small token, romantic message, or other sweet nothing inside of each box, so that your girlfriend finds them one by one. Don't forget to pack each box in a unique gift wrapping paper.
8) Book a Mini Theater for a Private Screening
How cool would it be to be alone in a movie theater, holding hands and munching on popcorn? Most cities have small 15- or 20-seat theaters meant for special screenings. Pick a romantic movie and enjoy a secluded, private movie watching experience—celebrity style. What a fun thing to do!
9) Take Your Girlfriend to a Flea Market Sale
Everyone knows that girls love shopping, and they're not always suckers for big brands. Show your girlfriend some love by accompanying her on a unique and quaint shopping spree. Keep half a day spare for this!
10) Send Her Exotic Flowers. Roses Are Passé. Orchids Are In.
Expensive as they may be, a small bunch of rare exotic flowers will show your girl that you're a man of sophisticated choices.
11) Buy Your Girlfriend a Hot and Stylish Bikini
Buying sexy lingerie may be a little tricky because of size issues, but you can never go wrong with a bikini. Don't think expensive; think creative. Pick up an embellished bikini, a cocktail bikini, a monokini, or another style that she doesn't already have. Then plan a day out at a secluded beach so she has a chance to wear it.
12) Take Your Girlfriend Out for a Late Night Walk
Everyone seems to have forgotten that some of the most romantic things keep it simple. When did you both last stargaze together or walk under the sky with naked feet touching wet blades of grass?
13) Get Her a Basket of Bath Products
Pick up a bath basket that includes everything from bath salts and bathing oils to feet scrubbers and fragrant loofahs. A bonus is that you can help her use the bathing basket.
14) Solve a Thousand-Piece Puzzle Together
It's a fun shared goal that involves spending time together and using your brain differently than you do in everyday conversation. And part of the fun is that you can frame the finished puzzle and turn it into a memoir that you both will treasure.
15) Take Your Girlfriend Skiing
Skiing wins over other sports because it's fun for both sporty and non-sporty people. So even if your girlfriend isn't the exactly the athletic girl, she'll love whisking down snowy mountains. And if it's her first time, even better.
16) Plan a Marathon Session of Her Favorite Sitcoms
Watching favorite sitcoms again and again is like drinking chicken soup: soothing. Get the DVD sets of your girlfriend's favorite sitcoms and become couch potatoes for a few hours. Cheesy bites and coolers as accompaniments are a plus.
17) Make Your Girlfriend a Signature Cocktail
I'm not talking a Bloody Mary, Sex on the Beach, Martini, Margherita, Screwdriver, or Long Island—been there done that. How about a Mark Granita, a Steven Fruity Sundowner, or Dark Deep Robin? Mix and match amber fluids and come up with something original and unique, just for her.
18) Take Her Out on a Short Road Trip
Treat this as a combination of a long drive and a sleepover. The beauty is in keeping it short and quick so that it's over before you know it. Why? Because you both will crave your next quick getaway.
19) Buy Your Girlfriend Stone Jewelry
Stone, because it looks great and won't cost you much. Jewelry, because girls love it. Most girls love wearing things that symbolize their love or signify the fact that they're in a relationship. A stone piece is the perfect compromise between meaning and price.
20) Soak with Your Girlfriend in a Private Jacuzzi
Mid-tier private spas and Jacuzzis are not as expensive as you might think. A private session with healing aromas in the air is bound to steam things up.
21) Take Her to the Tallest Skyscraper in Your City
If you're in New York, it could be the Empire State Building; if you're in Chicago, it could be the Sears Tower. Most of these buildings have a lookout deck where you can get cheesy photographs taken and spot your city hangouts. Touristy, but fun to do!
22) Give Your Girlfriend Some Foot Reflexology
In simpler words, massage your girlfriend's feet. Use the Internet to look up everything you need for a nice Thai foot massage session, create some ambient lighting at home, bring a sensual attitude, and you both should be 'reflexing' in no time.
23) Paint Your Girlfriend's Nails
Girls love it when their boyfriends pamper them. The best thing about painting your girlfriend's nails will be the all the banter and mischief in between. Paint outside your girlfriend's toe nails if she behaves badly.
24) Give Your Girlfriend a Photoshopped Portrait
Dust off that lovely picture of your girlfriend that you took when you were learning amateur photography with your SLR. Crop it, add some hues, or do it up in sepia. Frame and give it to her—make her feel like Audrey Hepburn.
25) Rent a Bicycle and Take Her for a Day Picnic
It's usual to go out on picnics in a bus or a car. But have you considered cycling? Get a breath of fresh air, discover clandestine labyrinths, and come back home recharged and rejuvenated.
26) Get Her a Celebrity's Style—Whether It Is Clothes, Shoes, or Jewelry
Don't make the mistake of buying her an ordinary outfit. Buy her an outfit that a celebrity, preferably one of her favorites, wore to an A-list event. Buy her a piece of jewelry that a celeb wore at an event. Girls love replicating a celebrity wardrobe although they will never admit it. Look up a fashion archive on the Internet and you should be able to find out where to buy the items.
27) Take Your Girlfriend Out for Dessert
Everyone seems to have forgotten that eating dessert is a ceremonious ritual. It is to be savored slowly, devoured willfully, and washed down blissfully with a bubbly drink. So make that run-of-the mill tiramisu a little more extraordinary by ravishing it slowly in a good ambience.
28) Kiss Her in a Public Place
It's creepy when people show PDA by feeling each other up. But stealing a kiss in public is like rejuvenating your teenage romance. Keep it subtle, romantic, and not too in-your-face. Make it fun by surprising your girlfriend and catching her off guard—a time when she least expected you to kiss her.
29) Offer to Defragment and Clean up Her Laptop
Does this sound far from romantic? It's actually not. While you will have to clean up your girlfriend's computer, you get to scatter love messages all over your girlfriend's PC. On the desktop, in her photo gallery, on her homepage, in her My Documents folder, and elsewhere.
30) Take Her Out for a Game
Even if your girl is not be interested in the technicalities of a basketball or a football game, she will love the excitement in the air. And if her favorite team is playing, there's nothing better.
31) Organize a Girl's Night Out for Her
Who said being fun and romantic was only about doing things as a couple? Be creative and imagine the fun time that your girlfriend could have with her pals at a high tea or at the salon. You don't need a special occasion—organize something for her out of the blue and make her smile.
32) Take Your Girlfriend Pub Hopping
Are you bored of going to the same club every time you're on a night out? Then change it up and surprise your girlfriend with some pub hopping. Make a list of the pubs and nightclubs you'd like to visit beforehand. Check on their cover charges, etc. so that you're not embarrassed in front of your girlfriend when you actually get there.
33) Cook a Meal for Her
Add your own twist to this traditional method of wooing your girlfriend. Download a simple, but tasty recipe from the Internet, invite her to your place, and let her watch while you cook. Garnish with love and serve hot.
34) Get Her a Bottle of Rare Wine. If You Can't Afford That, Make an Inexpensive Wine Look Fancy
Your girlfriend will love it if you send her the bottle with a nice ribbon tied gracefully around the neck. A sweet card tucked into the ribbon will add to the charm. If you don't want to spend a lot of money, simply scout for a wooden bottle case and put more inexpensive wine inside. Remember, the sentiments behind the gift are more valuable that the gift itself.
35) Paint Something with Your Girlfriend
Painting on a large canvas or revving up a wall in the house with your girlfriend can be unexpectedly fun and romantic. If you are ready to go a step further, spray graffiti on the walls or use it to write romantic messages to each other. The wall is the limit!
36) Make a Customized Mug Using a Photo of Both of You
Getting personal photos printed on coffee mugs is cheesy, but fun. Gather some of the best photos of the two of you and get your local photo shop in town to print them onto a mug. You can also buy them online.
37) Take Pottery Classes Together
Do you remember how things began to sizzle over pottery between Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore in The Ghost? Believe it or not, the chemistry brought out by sculpting objects over a wheel is a real thing. You will first have to start off by taking some pottery lessons together. Then you can graduate to having your own pottery wheel at home where you both can merge your creative juices to come up with beautiful artifacts.
38) Download Romantic Apps on Both of Your Phones
As trashy as they are, romantic apps can be really fun sometimes. From calendar apps that help you plan your intimate sessions to apps that help you determine your love score. There is a lot of variety out there—Avocado and Between are two of the most popular.
39) Appoint Specific Days for Specific Activities to Make Every Day a Celebration
How does a Rose Day, Kiss Day, Massage Day, Picnic Day, Long Drive Day, Sitcom Day, Alcohol Day, Jammies Day, Pillow Fight Day sound to you? By making these days unofficial holidays, you will always have a reason to celebrate together.
40) Take Her to a Fruit Orchard
Do you remember your parents taking you to fruit orchards when you were younger? And how much fun it was to pluck unlimited fruits until your hands ached? Then why not take your girlfriend for a fun fruit-picking spree? Roll up your pants and arm yourself with the giant fruit baskets. Pick peaches, strawberries, grapes, or apples, and lick them off each other's fingers after!
41) Go to a Crystal Ball Psychic or a Tarot Card Reader Together
Even if you don't believe in psychic readings, you can go to these seers just for fun and to take a sneak peek at a whole different world. Get your love score read, and ask about your compatibility as a couple or ask when you're finally going to become the next dot-com billionaire.
42) Compose a Signature Melody for Her
You don't need to be a musician for this! There are tons of free sound/music apps and software available today. You can simply download one, create electronic sounds, and compose a signature tune specially for your girl.
43) Treat Your Girlfriend to a Digital Scrapbook Show
Did you know how simple it is to make a short movie with Windows Movie Maker? Similar software come with most computers and are fairly self-explanatory and intuitive to use. You can take the best of your pictures and videos with your girlfriend and add captions, a voice over, picture effects, and a background score. It's like your relationship Timeline coming alive. When you're done, snuggle up on the couch as you watch it.
44) Tweet a Poem Dedicated to Her
Girls love it when they are praised in public. You can compose an original poem about your girlfriend or, if you're not much of a writer, dedicate a famous love poem to her. Imagine how happy your girlfriend will be if someone retweets it! Don't go overboard with this one though—keep it simple. Once you have done that, engage yourself in a heartfelt conversation with your girlfriend on Twitter.
45) Hand-Feed Her Chocolate-Covered Strawberries While She Lies on the Couch
The idea is to make her feel like a princess and be at her service for a day. Pamper her and make her feel special by preparing her favorite treats.
46) Go to a Karaoke with Your Girlfriend
When was the last time you drunkenly sang a duet together? This is most likely to happen during a round of Karaoke. It's a fun thing to do with your girlfriend, and you both can let loose.
47) Ask to See Her Childhood Photographs
There's no better way to get to know you girl than by looking at all of her crazy, demure, and embarrassing childhood photographs. A trip down memory lane is a sure way to hear some interesting stories about her yesteryears. Enjoy looking at old pics over a hot cup of homemade cappuccino.
48) Let Her Give You a Haircut
Don't worry about how your hair will look afterward. What's the worst that could happen? If she messes it up, all you need to do is go to the hairdresser and fix it up. You both will have a fun time. Make sure you take lots of pictures of this episode.
49) Shave Your Girlfriend's Legs
While this is borderline gross for some people, it is really just a matter of treading beyond the line of comfort and doing something different for once. Don't freak out and don't let your girlfriend see a weird expression on your face, else it may lead to a majorly foul mood. And if you really want to be playful and experimental, maybe let her shave your legs too—after all, the 21st century woman wants her man to keep his body hair in check! It will be a day that you will remember for a long, long time. Not to mention the mockery you will be faced with the day after when you parade your nicely shaved pins.
50) Initiate Your Girlfriend into the World of Foosball
If you think she'll end up breaking the table, you are under the wrong impression. Show off your teaching skills and your expertise in the sport. Don't forget to lose the first match you play with your girlfriend to make her feel great.
Let's Hear from You
What do you do for fun with your girlfriend?See results without voting
More by this Author
This post discusses ideas for flirty messages and how you can keep your SMS chat conversations alive.
A second date gives you a chance to show more of who you really are.
Has your boyfriend changed his behavior? This article discusses some of the everyday signs that show that he isn't interested in you or the relationship any longer.