50 Things Girls Like About Guys: What Makes Them Want You?
What Do Girls Like?
Many of you guys are probably wondering what girls may like and not like about you. Well, you have come across an article that will help you figure it out. From humor to looks, I've put down the most common but important things we ladies like and love about you gentlemen.
What Do Girls Like in Boys?
1. Girls love self-confidence.
We don't care if you're the strongest guy in the world, but we love it when you're confident and self-assured enough to not care.
2. Girls like guys with a sense of humor.
Girls like a funny guy. Why? Because we love humor! Humor also shows off your confidence and lets us know that you don't take yourself too seriously.
3. We love guys who know how to joke around and laugh at themselves.
Girls like a guy who can take jokes without feeling like he is being shot down or rejected. If you get upset when someone makes a joke about you, it makes us feel like we have to be careful when joking around with you—and that's a huge part of flirting!
4. We're into guys who are not full of themselves.
There's a difference between self-confidence and conceitedness, and we really appreciate guys who don't cross that line. When guys are full of themselves, it's a sign to us that they might not be willing or able to form a deep connection with us because they're too self-absorbed.
5. We love when you smile.
Your smile is one of your most attractive physical attributes. When you smile at us, we get butterflies!
6. Girls love when you show your pride for something, whether it be your favorite sports team, a cool art project, or something else that you're truly passionate about.
It's important for us to know that you are proud of something, and it's super cute to see you partaking in and enjoying your passion.
The advice in this article is intended to help guys figure out what girls like, but it must be taken with a grain of salt. Not all girls like the same things, and if a girl is not interested in you, following the advice in this article could make you appear to be obsessive or creepy.
7. Girls love when you showcase your talents for them—we love to see you glowing in the spotlight!
If you have a talent, let us know what it is—whether it is playing an instrument, dancing, singing, beatboxing, or anything else. Seeing you enjoying yourself and excelling at something is super attractive and will only make us like you more.
8. Girls love it when a guy has a positive attitude.
It's uplifting to be around a guy who has a good attitude about life. It's just not cute if you're super negative and always complaining, and it makes us fear that you could be overly critical of us, too.
9. It's attractive when you are hygienic and take good care of yourself.
Be hygienic, wash your teeth, put on deodorant, and clip your nails. We don't need you to be super buff or athletic, but at least do the bare minimum to maintain a basic level of hygiene.
10. We dig when you have your own sense of style.
Have style, and make sure you know how to own your own thing. You don't want to make it look like you're uncomfortable with the way you dress. Don't dress in a way that you think girls will like—just do you.
11. We like guys who have good social skills.
There's nothing more attractive than a guy who knows how to act in pretty much any social situation. That way, we feel like we can bring you around our friends, parents, or to any social event, and we know you'll be able to hold your own.
12. Girls love guys who aren't afraid to take chances.
You don't have to be a total daredevil, but it's nice when a guy isn't overly timid, either. When you show us you're willing to take risks, we can see that you're confident and not afraid of failure.
13. Girls love a guy who can keep his promises.
Guys who keep their promises are worth our time. It shows us that you're honest and that you care about backing up your words with actions—and what could be more important than that?
14. We love to hear about your hopes, dreams, and goals. Sharing is important.
When you tell us about your dreams, we get to know you better. In fact, we not only get to know you better, but we get to know the you that you want to be. We love knowing that you have plans and aspirations for the future, and it makes us feel closer to you when you share them with us.
15. We like guys who are smart and aren't afraid to show it.
In this day and age, intelligence can be somewhat downplayed because people are afraid of being judged for being too "nerdy." This isn't really the case though—most girls love an intelligent guy because we can establish and develop a deeper connection with him than we would with a shallower, less intelligent guy. So don't be afraid to show how smart you are, and don't dumb yourself down!
16. It's so adorable when guys are cute with animals, or when they show off their paternal side.
A lot of guys put up a wall while trying to impress girls, so it's like seeing an entirely different side of a boy when he "oohs" and "aahs" over a cute puppy or a baby. We like to see that you can be sensitive and caring.
17. We like fun-loving guys who aren't too jealous or possessive.
We like fun, outgoing guys, not short-tempered ones. We like to feel like you're able to trust us and let us do our own thing—jealousy is not an attractive quality.
18. Faithfulness is a majorly attractive trait.
This one should be pretty obvious. Girls love when you are faithful to them and don't cheat or make them think that you will cheat as a manipulative maneuver. Just don't do it!
19. When it comes to pleasing girls, honesty is the best policy.
Tell us the truth. If you think we're beautiful, tell us. But do it honestly! Don't say something you do not mean.
What Do Girls Want From Guys?
20. We like guys who can admit when they were wrong.
Being able to admit when you're wrong shows a high level of emotional maturity, and that's really important in terms of developing a meaningful relationship.
21. Girls love when you open up to them.
A lot of guys feel like they need to put up a wall, and that they shouldn't share or talk about their emotions. We like to know that you feel like you can open up to us—it makes us feel special and close to you.
22. Girls like guys who are ready and willing to open up first.
Guys who tell us about themselves without asking first tend to be the ones that get to our hearts and minds first.
23. We love a guy who loves us for who we are.
We might be flawed and have our issues and insecurities, but if you can love us despite them, that will only make us love you more.
24. We want a guy who understands us.
This goes along with loving us for who we are. We want you to be able to recognize our flaws and understand where they come from—and love us anyway.
25. Girls love a guy who accepts them for their personality, rather than their looks.
Sure, we like to know that you think we're beautiful, but it's important for us to know that your attraction to us isn't only about our physical beauty.
26. We really like a guy who listens to us.
We love it when we can tell that you're really listening to us by responding directly to what we're talking about, asking questions, and maintaining eye contact while we speak.
27. We like when you take our thoughts seriously.
It's frustrating when we talk to a boy and feel like he's not really taking us seriously. Not only do we want you to listen to us, but we want to feel like you think what we have to say has merit.
28. We like to be treated right.
Tell us how much we mean to you. If we're special to you, then say what's on your mind. Don't be embarrassed by us, and treat us with dignity and respect.
29. Girls love a guy who is supportive and not overly critical.
We like when you're able to support our dreams and goals, and we don't like when you make fun of them or shoot them down without consideration. This can also be said for our words and actions—if you don't like something we do or say, make sure to bring it up in a non-critical way that shows us you care and are able to communicate with us in a mature manner.
30. Girls like when you can get along with their friends.
The Spice Girls said it, and it's still true today. If you want a girl, it's important that you impress her friends, too. Not only does this show your girl that you're respectful and kind, but it also shows her that you act this way around other people, and it's not just an act you're putting on to get with her.
31. Girls are into guys who know how to treat women with respect.
If you're interested in us, that's great. But there's nothing worse than a guy who treats a girl like gold but acts like a jerk to other girls. That's one surefire way we know that you're not really interested in developing a deep, personal connection with us.
32. We love it when you make us feel like we are your favorite girl in the world.
There are a lot of beautiful girls out there, so when you make us feel like we're your favorite, we feel really special.
33. If you know how to cheer a girl up when she's having a bad day, you're probably a keeper.
We absolutely love a guy who can do something to cheer us up when we're upset or having a not-so-great day. It shows us that you care, and also that you know us well enough to know exactly what needs to be done to make us feel better.
34. Girls like when you do something to impress them.
This doesn't need to be some grant, gallant act. We can be impressed by the little things you do, like when you change a flat tire for us or go to the store to buy us tampons.
35. We like when you do something we love with us, even though it isn't really your thing.
When you do this, we realize that you're willing to make sacrifices because you truly care about us. Good relationships are about compromise—sometimes, we'll do something you want to do that isn't really our thing, and sometimes you'll do the same for us.
36. Girls love when you show them your sensitive side.
We like to see a side of you that you don't necessarily show to everyone else. Whether it's tearing up during a sad movie or opening up and asking us for advice about an emotional conflict you're having with a friend, we like when you feel like you can open up to us and show us your sensitive side.
37. We like when you show us off to your friends and family.
Girls like knowing that they are important to you—important enough that you can't resist showing them off to your friends and family. It makes us feel like we are becoming a part of your life and that you want the people who are important to you to know how much we mean to you.
38. A lot of girls like when the guy makes the first move.
This is kind of an old-school notion, but it still holds true in many cases. Plenty of girls are bold enough to make the first move, but a lot of girls still want you to do it.
39. Girls like when you text them back and don't play hard to get.
Text us back. Don't play the "I'm too good for you" game or the "Ha, she took long to reply, I'll reply later" game. It really isn't attractive (at all), and it wastes our time. Plus, it's immature.
Little Things Guys Can Do That Girls Love
40. We love when we catch a guy we like staring at us—it gives us butterflies!
It's weird to stare if a girl doesn't like you, but if you've got an intrigue going on, exchanging glances is a huge part of subliminal flirting—and we love it!
41. We love a guy who makes a point to appreciate the little things we do for him.
Sometimes, we go the extra mile for a guy and they don't seem to appreciate or even acknowledge it. When you make a point to say something about what we've done for you (even if it's something small), we feel loved and appreciated.
42. We like to know that you're thinking about us.
It's cute when you send us a text to tell us that you're thinking about us. When we're at school or work and we check our phones and see a message from you, it's enough to brighten our day!
43. Girls love when you randomly send them a cute or romantic message.
We also love when you let us know you're thinking about us by sending a quick "I love you," or some other romantic or cute message.
44. We love when you send us a "Good morning" text.
A guy who texts us in the morning just to tell us "Good morning" or "Have a great day, beautiful" is the kind of guy we like to keep around.
45. Girls love when you ask them about their day.
We like knowing that you want to hear how our day was. It's nice to be able to discuss a difficult day or to talk about our triumphs with someone who genuinely cares.
46. We love when you randomly give us gifts.
Whether it's something small like a flower you picked from your garden, or something bigger and more expensive, we love being surprised with random gifts! It shows us that you are spontaneous and that you really care about making us happy.
47. Girls love being given cute nicknames.
Whether it's something classic like "baby" or something more unique, we love when you call us something cute or sweet; a name that's only for us makes us feel special and loved.
48. Girls love when you cook for them.
Even if you're not that great of a chef, girls will love if you make them a home-cooked meal. Make us your favorite dish (or our favorite dish) to show us how much you love us.
49. We love when our man tells us we're beautiful—saying we're hot or sexy doesn't really have the same meaning.
Tell her she's beautiful (if you honestly think she is) instead of hot or sexy. This shows her you think she's attractive because of more than just her sex appeal.
50. We like when you tell us you love us.
Tell us you love us—it makes us feel special and important, and shows us that you're aren't afraid to tell us what we mean to you.
© 2013 Jasmine