5 Signs Your Best Friend Is Falling in Love With You
How can you tell if your best friend of the opposite-sex wants to be more than just friends? Is there a way to tell if he is romantically interested in you?
Has your best friend been dropping hints that he's in love with you?
Here are five signs that his feelings for you may have changed from being your ‘best buddy in the whole wide world,’ to wanting to be your boyfriend, possibly even your husband one day.
1. He's available. He hasn’t dated anyone recently, and he hasn’t been in a long-term relationship with anyone else. One of the signs that he might want to be more than just friends is if he hasn’t been involved with anyone since the two of you became best friends. When a man and a woman are best friends, they often share deep emotional connections that might make many other passing relationships seem superficial. The thought of being able to share as much about himself with someone else as he has already shared with you can make the whole idea of looking for a long-term relationship seem weird. Where would a new girlfriend fit in his life? Would she be able to handle how close the two of you are without getting jealous?
2. He has started be a bit more flirty and playful with you. He has started to give you more compliments. He has started to notice things about you that he might have overlooked before, and he’s telling you how much he likes these things about you. “You make the best chocolate cake!” “It’s always good to hear your laughter.” “You tell the funniest jokes.” If he is complimenting you on things that he’s never mentioned before, this could be his way of sending you a sign that he likes you.
3. He has started to pay attention to his appearance. He’s taking extra care in how he presents himself to you: no more tattered sweatpants when you come over to just hang out and watch a movie. While he may not necessarily get dressed up for casual get-togethers, by improving his appearance, he may be consciously, or unconsciously sending you signals that he is attracted to you and he wants you to be attracted to him! Also, if his house seems to be a bit cleaner and tidier than usual, this might be a sign that he’s interested by showing you that he’s responsible, capable, and definitely long-term partner material.
4. He has started to find ways for the two of you to spend more time together. When you were best friends, you probably had a regular routine of getting together to hang out. But, if you have noticed that he’s suggesting you guys should do more stuff together, and other commitments such as his school, work, or other friends don’t seem to be a barrier, he may be creating a special place for you in his life. When you were friends, it may have been easy to cancel a get-together at the last minute because that’s what sometimes happens, and friends always seem to understand, right? But if he suddenly seems to be bending over backwards to be able to see you, he may be worried you’ll find someone else to hang out with.
5. He tells you he wants to be more than friends. This seems like an obvious sign that he wants to be more than friends, but if you’re not paying attention, you might let the moment slip by. Maybe you thought he was joking when he said he liked you more than a friend. Maybe you didn’t want to get your hopes up that he likes you more than a friend and so you just dismissed what he said as him being sarcastic or just goofing off. But the biggest sign that he wants to be more than friends is that he tells you so!
What do you think of these signs that your best friend is falling in love with you? Would you be able to tell if he wanted to be more than just friends?
Have you ever fallen in love with your best friend?
Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.— Ann Landers
If you found out that your best guy friend liked you more than a friend, would you go for it?
© 2014 Sadie Holloway