Karima used Tinder, Bumble, and other dating apps for five whole years before finally finding her perfect match.
Unique and Interesting Questions to Ask on Tinder
Let's be real—there's nothing easy about online dating. Though it's relatively simple to swipe and message your matches (if you actually manage to get any), it is increasingly difficult to keep a conversation going. Even with so many different people at your fingertips, it's hard to spark a connection!
The easiest thing to do, of course, is to send a quick "Hey" or "How are you?" But messages like these don't encourage anyone to respond. The best way to get a response is to ask a question—after all, everybody loves talking about themselves! Try to ask her something that allows her to open up to you and tell you more about herself. Once she's comfortable, the conversation ball will really start to roll!
So if you're stumped for what to ask, here's a list of over 200 basic, funny, weird, deep, and even flirty questions to ask your Tinder (or Bumble, Hinge, OkCupid, etc.) crush. Good luck!
First Thing You Should Say on a Dating App
- Where is the last place that you traveled to?
- How long have you lived around here?
- If you moved here, where did you move from?
- Do you like it here?
- What is your ideal town or city like?
- Would you ever get a tattoo? What of?
- Would you ever get a piercing? Where?
- What was your first ever job?
- What was your first job out of school?
- Do you like to cook?
- What are you doing on Tinder?
- What's a random fact you've learned?
- What shows are you watching on Netflix?
- What book are you reading?
- What's your favorite book of all time?
- What three emojis describe you best?
- What was the last time you did something for the first time? What was it?
- What's the best dream you've ever had?
- Red or white wine?
- Ice cream: in a cup or cone?
- Sweet or savory?
- Cats or dogs?
- Coffee, tea, or neither?
- What's the strangest food combination you've tried?
- What's the most disgusting food you've eaten?
- What's the best present you've ever given someone?
- What's the best present you've ever received?
- What's your dream travel destination?
- What are your nicknames?
- What is your favorite sport?
- Do you have any siblings?
Ways to Start a Conversation With a Girl on Tinder
- What are your hobbies?
- What's a hobby you started but gave up on?
- What are you bad at?
- If you could switch lives with any celebrity, who would it be?
- Are you an introvert or extrovert?
- Do you like to be alone?
- What's your Myers-Briggs?
- What's on your bucket list?
- What's one thing you have to do before you die?
- What should I know about you that I would never think to ask?
- Given the choice of anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would you pick as a dinner guest?
- What do you feel most grateful for in life?
- When did you last sing to yourself? What song was it?
- What's your go-to dance move?
- What would be a perfect day for you?
- What's your most treasured memory?
- What's your love language?
- When did you last cry?
- What do you think is your most attractive quality?
- What is your biggest turn-off?
- What music makes you happy?
- What music makes you sad?
- If you could only listen to one artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?
- Do you like art museums?
- Do you keep a diary?
- Do you think you'll be rich one day?
- What's more important to you, work or hobbies?
- What would you want to get on your birthday?
Read More From Pairedlife
What You Could Say to a Girl on Tinder
- What are your top five favorite movies?
- What is your favorite children's book?
- What was your favorite grade in school?
- Do you miss high school?
- How did your last Tinder date go?
- What are/were your grandparents like?
- Are you more like your mom or your dad?
- What was your first job?
- Do you like Harry Potter?
- So far in your life, what has been your favorite age?
- What is a piece of advice you would give to the younger version of yourself?
- Was college worth it for you?
- If you could relive on day of your life again, which would it be?
- What do you wish you could do-over in life?
- If your house was on fire and you could only save one thing, what would it be?
- What skill do you wish you had?
- What's a hobby you would like to start but don't have the time/money for?
- If you never had to work another day in your life, what would you do?
- Would you consider yourself: a punk, a prep, a jock, a loner, or a jokester?
- What's the silliest turn-off you have?
- Is there anything you'd never do?
- Do you like spicy food?
- Do you speak any other languages?
- What language would you like to learn?
- TikTok or Instagram?
- Books or eBooks?
- What's a dish you wish you knew how to cook?
- Do you like to sleep in on the weekends?
- What's the most exciting thing you can say about yourself that you can think of in 60 seconds?
Weird & Funny Questions to Ask Your Tinder Matches
- Do you believe in aliens?
- What's your favorite conspiracy theory?
- If you were stuck on a desert island, what five things would you bring with you?
- What is your strangest personality trait?
- What would I find if I Googled your name?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- If you were to go to prison, what would it be for?
- Have you ever done something illegal?
- Would you rather win $50,000 or let your best friend win $500,000?
- Were Ross and Rachel on a break?
- Who was your childhood celebrity crush?
- What's your most embarrassing story you're willing to share?
- What do you think about pineapple on pizza?
- Who do you think you were in a past life?
- If you were at a friend’s house and saw a cockroach in your salad, what would you do?
- Do you believe in the Illuminati?
- Toilet paper: over or under?
- Did you drink enough water today?
Deep Questions to Message Your Tinder Crush
- Do you believe in God?
- Do you pray?
- Do you like talking about politics?
- Do you believe in astrology? Why or why not?
- What do you think happens after we die?
- Do you like/understand art?
- Would you want to be famous?
- What do you wish you cared less about?
- What do you wish you cared more about?
- What's a global issue we should pay more attention to?
- What's legal but, in your opinion, unethical?
- If you could choose how you die, what would you choose?
Flirty Questions to Ask a Girl on Tinder
- Do you like to dance?
- Netflix or club?
- Can you sleep while cuddling?
- In your opinion, what's illegal but shouldn't be?
- Do you think sarcasm is healthy in a relationship?
- What's the biggest red flag for you?
- People talk a lot about red flags. But what's a green flag for you in a relationship?
- Would you rather have love or unlimited money?
- Do you prefer cuddling up or having a make-out session?
- If we spooned, would you be the big spoon or the little spoon?
- What do you think is your sexiest feature?
- What's the first thing you noticed about my profile?
- Do you sleep in pajamas or naked?
- Any fantasies you'd like to try?
How to Get a Response on Tinder
What NOT to Message a Girl on Tinder
Though there are many right ways to go, there are many ways you can screw up too. Here are a few things you should never message a girl:
- "Hey" or "Hi"
- Complimenting her on her looks (girls get hundreds of these!)
- Inappropriately sexual messages or pictures
- Overused pick up lines (if you've heard it before, she's probably heard it before too)
I hope by browsing this list, you were able to find some conversation starter ideas for your Tinder matches. You'll be surprised by what could happen if you just put yourself out there and send the first message—you might just meet your perfect match.