I'm a Midwesterner with a background in writing and media. My articles are mainly about relationships, dating, and heartbreak.
1. He offers to buy you coffee, a beer, dinner, or other items. Sometimes this is a sign of friendship, contrary to other people’s beliefs. It is a positive sign, and may mean he respects you.
2. He finds excuses to touch you, such as guiding you through a busy room by putting his hand on the small of your back, random high fives, hugs, etc. He wants you to be comfortable and used to him touching you.
3. He finds excuses to be close to you, such as being in the same group as you, sitting by you, standing next to you, etc.
4. He laughs at your jokes. He laughs even when it isn’t that funny. Sometimes he explodes with laughter. He shares a similar sense of humor with you.
5. He writes you notes or draws you pictures quite often. He is trying to build a connection with you.
6. He likes several of your pictures, statuses, Instagram, etc.
7. He tries to spend time with you one on one rather than with a big group. He will definitely act differently if he spends time with just you alone compared to in a group.
8. He treats you differently than the other ladies. He may give you special treatment. He may also tease you or neglect you as a weird game.
9. He’ll stand up for you when others are mocking, teasing, or insulting you.
10. He’ll encourage you when things go bad such as a crappy audition, terrible test grade, or bad day in general.
11. He’ll compliment you on your looks. “Beautiful” and “gorgeous” are the most revealing.
12. He’ll buy or bring you flowers. Dead giveaway.
13. He’ll say you remind him of his mother or sister. It sounds creepy, but he means it in a good way.
14. He’ll be anxious, jealous, or will check on you with his eyes if another guy is talking to you.
15. He’ll be overprotective of you, even for small things like a small growling dog in the distance.
16. He’ll do favors for you such as change your oil, help you move, mow your lawn, help you with homework, etc.
17. He’ll be interested in meeting your family. He wants to get to know them more, and also learn more about you. And who better from than your family?
18. He’ll ask you questions to gain your opinion about rather random things. Usually these are innocent questions. This means he cares about your opinion.
19. He will dress up nicer when just seeing you, he might pull out his nicest shirt and wear his best smelling scented cologne.
20. He’ll play with your hair.
21. He may tease you or initiate play. Men tend to be more playful than women, so if he randomly teases you about your oversized bag, momentarily steals something from your desk, punches you in the arm, or starts up tag—he probably has a thing for you.
22. He has a nickname for you. He may even have a nickname for your nickname.
23. He knocks on the front door rather than waits in his car when he picks you up.
24. He opens doors for you.
25. He talks about your Facebook or Instagram in person. He is letting you know subtly that he keeps tabs on you.
26. He cooks for you.
27. He buys you gifts from jewelry, concert tickets, to maybe even a pet.
28. He asks you out to a formal event such as prom, a marine ball, etc.
29. He says only nice things if you serve him terrible food. He holds back from hurting your feelings.
30. He has random concerns because he cares about you and what you think. He might worry if he is keeping you out too late, he doesn’t want to stay over at your house because of the reputation it might give you, he doesn’t want to leave you in his car when he needs to make a quick run to the grocery store, and he wants you to wear sunscreen.
31. He may become distant, cold, or less responsive if he feels that you don’t have feelings for him.
32. He’ll watch his language more. He may say less perverted of things or less curse words.
33. He’ll want to impress you either with his fancy car, good manners, taste in things, or his bear like hugs.
34. He’ll respond to your text messages with speed. Don’t over text him, but generally he won’t ignore you. Sometimes people forget to text, so don’t go crazy!
35. You might look like other girls he has dated who have a similar build, hair color, interest in choral music, etc.
36. He’ll want you to think he is strong, so he’ll do random macho things like pick up big objects, eat big servings of food, move giant pieces of furniture, and the like.
37. He may show you random things that he likes such as beer, knives, guns, pictures of deer—just go along with it.
38. He will notice the most odd details about you, like how you match your earrings with your shoes. He may pull a twig out of your hair, or wipe away a stray eyelash from your face.
39. He may have a special ring tone or text tone for you.
40. His competitive side may suddenly come from nowhere, he may want to show you how fast he can run, how great he is at trivia, how many drawings he can do in ten seconds, or how many grocery bags he can carry at one time. Congratulate him. Men are not necessarily as equipped with words when it comes to romance, so compliment them for their efforts.
41. He’ll know what your favorites of things are and perhaps buy them for you such as candy, chocolate, movies, etc.
42. He is happy when he sees you improve and become a better person. He takes notice of you and wishes you well.
43. He compliments you on completely pointless things, like being punctual.
44. His compliments never end from how smart you are, how funny, how clever, how sweet, how mature... it never ends.
45. He communicates with you in several different mediums such as Facebook, Instagram, email, text messaging, letters -- everything and anything.
46. He wants to plan a trip with you to somewhere distant, like another state, another country, etc.
47. He tries to get along with your friends. He wants to make a good impression.
48. His eyes light up, his smile stretches from ear to ear whenever he sees you out of the blue.
49. In group situations, he may walk next to you rather often.
50. He’ll kiss you.
51. He will want you to read his favorite books, watch his favorite movies, and know his favorite television shows.
52. He will be able to have conversations with you for hours upon hours with nothing else happening, and he will be completely entertained.
53. If you end up in a relationship with someone else, this guy in question will noticeably seem depressed, avoiding you, and may even be somewhat cold or harsh.
54. He’ll look for an opportunity to hold your hand. Palm reading, walking across the street, games where you hold people’s hands, etc.
55. If he is into video games, he may name a character after you.
56. He may let you win at games so that you feel good.
57. He’ll let you in on a few harmless secrets, like what his brothers called him when he was little, the name of his first crush, etc.
58. He’ll show up to events that are important to you such as graduation, your art show, your violin concert, or your triathlon.
59. He’ll write you encouraging messages.
60. He’ll want to pick you up in his car. He’ll give you rides to different places if your car is broken or if you don’t have a car.
61. He’ll buy you a birthday gift, the more creative and intentional... the better.
62. He’ll buy you jumper cables. He wants to make sure you are safe.
63. He can wait as long as you want on holding off on jumping into bed.
64. He’ll like to cuddle with you.
65. He’ll tell you that he likes the way you smell.
66. He’ll notice when you’ve had a haircut, change of hair color, etc.
67. He’ll try to teach you different things like how to mow a lawn, change your oil, or how to fight a grizzly bear.
68. He’ll be sad when he knows you’ll be gone for awhile. He’ll have clear indications of missing you. He’ll say he misses you.
69. He’ll want you to show up to events that are important to him like graduation, the opening of his bar, or his football game.
70. He’ll scrap off the ice on your car.
71. He’ll want to help out when you’re sick. He may make you soup. He may make you toast. He may buy you medicine.
72. He makes a conscious effort not to look at the other ladies in the room. He does what he can to avoid talking about women or looking at them in front of you.
73. He doesn't wait too long, and he almost 100% will respond. That doesn't mean you should barrage him with messages and information. Try to restrain yourself somewhat because over messaging... could annoy the dickens out of anyone. Try to keep it a decent pace.
74. He tries to be in the same groups as you or be your partner whether for a school project, a board game, clubs, etc. He may be intentional about trying to get you on the same side as him.
75. He gives you a hug almost every time he sees you. He may hug you seven times when he sees you in one gathering.
76. He wants to get along with your pet, even if he doesn't usually like cats or dogs or turtles or sharks.
77. He'll ask your opinion about something random to see if he is lining up with your interests such as what are your favorite bands, colors, day of the week, mythological creature, etc.
78. He may show mild signs of jealously when you are talking to another guy. He may do something to distract you from this guy, or to cut the other guy off.
79. He'll send you "good morning" texts or "good evening" texts. Though, I don't think a lot of guys really do that.
80. He'll take you out to coffee or lunch when he sees an open opportunity.
81. He'll give you his coat if he notices you are cold.
82. He'll be willing to try something new that he usually does not do such as baking, ice skating, etc.
83. He'll randomly show up at places he knows you frequent. He'll try to figure out your schedule in a casual way. He may stop by your office desk.
84. Handwritten letters. What friends do that in this day and age?
85. He'll offer to drive you because he wants you in his car.
86. He'll joke about marrying you.
87. He'll gush to about you to his friends while he is drunk and later you'll hear about the long, never ending story about his deep confessions.
88. He'll call you.
89. He'll spend lots of time with you. He'll try to find ways to spend time with you that are out of his way.
90. He'll spend money on you from buying you gas, food, jewelry, anything and everything.
91. He'll ask you to be his dance partner.
92. He'll introduce you to his friends, family, and dog.
93. His body language will often mimic yours.
94. He'll keep an eye on you constantly. You might not even realize it, but he'll refer back to something that makes it obvious that he keeps his eyes on you.
95. He'll make a very obvious gesture like serenading you.
96. On a random encounter of you, he may reach to his sock to fix it. It's an odd unconscious thing that guys do.
97. He may try to keep something of yours like jewelry, a smelly-good scarf, something pretty.
98. He may attempt making a craft, like with macaroni, to impress you.
99. He'll take you on a picnic.
100. He'll kiss your forehead.
Questions & Answers
Question: Is it okay to tell a guy that you like him after waiting for him to say so in a long time period?
Answer: Yes. Absolutely.
Question: What does it mean when a guy friend lays on my bed and invites me to sit?
Answer: He is trying to make a serious move on you. Get closer to him -- things can happen.
Jelly on February 26, 2020:
There's a guy in my class that steals my jacket he wears it until he sees I'm cold but before he gives it back he sprays it full of his colone and he pulls my hair often he smiles alot around me he steals my pencil case or my pen off of my desk and he talks to me but i think he's shy and he looks super jealous when i talk to another guy...does he like me?
chasoba37 on February 16, 2020:
there is a boy in my class that i like and im not sure if he likes me back. people describe him as immature but we had some deep conversations so yah...... also he notices things like during face time he noticed that i wore the same shirt as i did yesterday and he has limited screen time set by his parents so we don't talk much online but during school he sits next to me willingly during Chinese lessons.
candycane on December 08, 2019:
There's this boy in my school... and i'm don't really think he likes me... but then i do think he likes me... when i ask to touch his hair he lets me... but the lets every other girl... then once this short kid in my class kept bothering me ' so i said " hey chill out" the he said pushed him away for me and said " you don't touch a woman" im only in 8th grade! and im quite short and i think im very thin, and he talks abot thicc girls... im no were near thicc... but hes nice hell tease me about mt hieght sometimes, and he'll take something from me.. or say something smart... and he dosent really do that to other girls...
Anonymous 123 on November 01, 2019:
What does it mean when you and your best friend are having more fun and 'intimate' moments than usual?
Anonymous on September 08, 2019:
What does it mean when he randomly cuddles you while watching a movie?
Aubrey girardi on July 07, 2019:
I like this kid named Kayden wolfkiel the tissiville baseball player⚾
faelynn wilson on April 25, 2019:
i think my best friends crush likes me what should i do
Catherine on February 21, 2019:
My friend holds my hands all the time he tells me I'm beautiful or he likes my shoes or he misses me when I'm not around our friends think we're dating Or we love each other but he just calls me his homie...please do you think he loves me?
Kara on February 11, 2019:
I am super confused he has a gf....but he says he loves me and everything and me and him have sex constantly but he says he loves me as a friend in person then over text he says he loves me more than a friend and that I have a chance with him but he hasn't tried to break up with his gf and she keeps asking if we are having sex and I say no.....
Married on September 14, 2018:
Why not go one on one and just tell them you like them. Tell the their good qualities that's attractive. This way you know for sure if they like you and save valuable time that could be otherwise spent at a movie or a picnic.
Karen on July 15, 2018:
So this Is an online base and he, does all those. Spends time with me, makes sure i have mods an stuff for this certain game. Has always stayed up till the next morning just talking about if and whats he calls me baby, and mocks me about my gaming lol then he leaves, and we go to vc but hes told me he wouldnt do, long distance im still confused because all his friends now wont flirt with me. Calling me his and his names . We dont need to message. Each other cause most the time we on vc daily basis only time. We are not is when hes sleeping. So this artivle helped me read between the lines.
Tropical Queen on March 19, 2018:
I met a guy at my best friend's baby shower. In that party this guy was looking at me and always making conversation. when the party was almost over, he asked me if I had Instagram. I told him yes and he looked for his Instagram on my phone. after the party ended, I stayed because the lady who owned the decorations was on her way to pick it up, plus the venue was in my building. the guy left. 10 minutes later, the guy came back and told me that he wanted to make sure that I accepted his request on Instagram. he started touching my hand and wouldn't let it go. we went to a corner and he started kissing my cheek and forehead and when he was about to kiss me on the lips, my mother walked by and saw us. he didn't care. we exchanged numbers. when the venue was empty, something came over me and I texted him asking where he was, surprisingly he was at a bar near my house. I told him that I wanted to see him and 7 minutes later he came back to see me. we started making out. he always kissed my forehead and fixed my hair. everytime he would kiss me, would looked at me and smile. he would cup my face and it was nonstop kisses. we had just met that night. do you think that he really likes and wants to be in a relationship with me?
Sophia on February 15, 2018:
He does not like me :'(
liya on December 08, 2017:
well i have crush..................who is my brothes besties................he is so cute i love his every stupid things.............but i dont know wheather he like me or not well i caught him many times when he was staring me...............but he said a girl yes when she propose him .............i had not proposed him .......................well even he notes me while i stare at him .............we never talked to each other ...........even he always used to stare at me......................and he had not said to his friends about me ..that i used to stare at him.....so PLZ help me ....did really he feels the same wt i do ........well......when ever i m sitting oppsite of him he use to do the same i did....................................................so PLZ help me..
Sophia on November 28, 2017:
Hey author! Are you going to answer my question or what!
Sophia parker on November 24, 2017:
My friend says her crush is friends with my crush and that he likes me. I don't really believe her though. She says he didn't want to tell me because I'd be embarrassed and the whole class would laugh
at us. She says he thinks about me all the time and draws pics of me. I moved though so how do I tell that he really likes me? I don't own a phone.
Andrea Lawrence (author) from Chicago on November 16, 2017:
Well, it definitely sounds flirtatious. I say the odds are in your favor.
~Random on November 16, 2017:
Does he like me if he writes little doodles on my hand and teases me also if he ask to play with my hair.
Iris on November 05, 2017:
One of my best guy friend texted, “Hey Sexy” and said it was a “dare” but he wouldn’t tell me who dared him to say that..EVER SO CONFUSED
Alphia on September 11, 2017:
My husband do some of these in front of his best friend's girlfriend.
Mish on September 07, 2017:
So he does all these things but how are we suppose to find if he is really serious about you, and is not just flirting or playing or taking you as challenge?
Like some guys have this habit of caring for girls around them.
Rory on August 25, 2017:
So he does like me only problem is that he is married. He doesn't do ALL 100 Signs but he does a good 80% of them. Oh well! Maybe in another life.
Serendipity on August 10, 2017:
A Lot. Espesh last one, sadly for me he has a gf
emma on August 10, 2017:
wow my crush does a lot of these sings around me it helps a lot thanks
Andrea Lawrence (author) from Chicago on March 18, 2017:
Lucky you! Hope you find what you are wanting.
Mackenzie on March 17, 2017:
Pretty much all of them.
Andrea Lawrence (author) from Chicago on August 01, 2016:
ZRMoore on January 12, 2015:
Wow! That's a lot of signs. If you're uncertain that he likes you this article will certainly help you to determine that.