100 Excuses Women Use to Reject Men
She's Just Not That Into You!
Let's cut women some slack before we continue.
They are not evil or cruel if they reject a guy because they too have their standards. Sometimes she's just not that into him, but a few women do use very clichè excuses when they're not interested.
It's not that these excuses are all lies, it's just that they're too been there, done that. Personally I'd rather be rejected honestly than have someone tell me a bold faced lie to my face.
But before the attacks begin, I just want to make a quick note that a lot of these excuses apply to both men and women and many are more comical than serious.
Anyway here are the 100 excuses women might use to reject men.
Men please prepare yourselves!
100. It's not you, it's me
99. I'm not looking for a boyfriend
98. I already have a boyfriend
97. I just wanna be friends
96. I got out of a bad relationship recently
95. I'm a lesbian/bisexual
94. I need to be single right now
93. I'm not looking to date anyone at the moment
92. My life is so hectic and busy
91. I don't have the time
90. I work constantly
89. I have kids and pets to care for
88. I need to take care of my parents/children
87. I need to focus on my career/education
86. Sorry you're not my type
85. You're just way too nice
84. I'm kinda seeing someone
83. My fiancé is here
82. Oh I'm married
81. I'm engaged or about to be engaged
80. I have this condition/illness
79. My boyfriend will be here any minute
78. Hold on it's my boyfriend/husband calling
77. I need to focus on myself
76. My parents wouldn't approve
75. I'm very religious so I can't date you
74. I came here with friends
73. I need to leave to see my friends
72. Sorry I'm feeling sick I gotta go
71. I have this horrible headache
70. I'm working on this huge project for work and it's so time-consuming
69. I would but I'm leaving for (insert location here) ex. Florida tomorrow
68. I can't I'm actually moving to (insert location here) ex. California soon
67. I just got over a bad break-up
66. I'm working things out with my ex
65. I'm still in love with my ex-boyfriend
64. I don't want to get hurt by anyone
63. I have a chronic illness/mental disorder
62. Going through an awful depressive period
61. I found out recently that I'm pregnant
60. I'm confused about my sexuality so I don't know
59. I can't date anyone outside my religion
58. I can't date anyone outside my race/culture
57. I can't date anyone younger/older than me
56. I can't date short/tall guys
55. I can't date anyone with a baby/kid
54. I need someone who is stable (financially or emotionally)
53. I don't date people who have been engaged/married before
52. I don't date people who work in (insert profession here) ex. lab testing for animals
51. I would meet you but I got a flat tire on the way there
50. Can't go on our date today, my car broke down
49. I wish I could see but I got called into work a few minutes ago
48. Sorry I can't go out today; I have a really bad cold/virus
47. You have a dog/cat? Well sorry but I'm highly allergic to them
46. Our signs don't match up (astrology)
45. I'm so busy right now; I promise I'll call you later
44. I'm so busy right now; I promise we'll meet up soon
43. You don't want to date me; I'm extremely complicated
42. I need someone more mature/sophisticated
41. Oh you smoke? I'm sorry I don't date smokers
40. Sorry I'm really into bad boys more
39. Let's be friends first and see what happens
38. You're way too old/young for me
37. I can't date you because I don't like children
36. I see you more like a relative/brother than a boyfriend
35. I'm not the one you want; I won't be able to make you happy
34. Our personalities are way too different
33. I need someone a lot more outgoing/calmer
32. I'm too stressed out to get into a relationship
31. You're too serious/comedic for me
30. I don't want to get into anything serious right now
29. You're a little too sweet and kind for me
28. You're not a good kisser, I need someone who can kiss
27. We are different social values and standards
26. I'm a vegan/vegetarian and I don't date non vegans/vegetarians
25. I can't be with someone who doesn't like cats/dogs/pets
24. I honestly can't see us working out
23. I have way too much baggage to date you
22. I need someone a lot more adventurous
21. Sorry I couldn't call you because I completely lost your number
20. I drank too much to remember what happened last night
19. You are too intelligent for me
18. I only date people with a degree/masters/doctorate
17. I had no idea you wanted us to go out
16. You talk to other girls, I don't want to take that chance
15. I won't go out with a player (false assumption)
14. I rather not take the chance of a guy cheating on me or playing with my emotions
13. I'm far too emotional to be with anyone
12. My ex-boyfriend/husband just got out of jail and would kill you if we went out
11. You're too perfect for me
10. Is that your car? Oh I thought you drove a Porsche
9. You're car is too dirty, and I can't be with someone who has a dirty car
8. I don't want to date someone with a messy apartment/home
7. I'm looking to settle down rather than date
6. You remind me of my cousin/brother/father
5. I have this doctor's appointment and I need to get my hair done
4. My (insert relative/friend) birthday is today and I can't make it
3. Oh my gosh I thought you were gay
2. We have too much in common and are too alike
1. I have this big wedding/funeral to attend to.
In or Out of Bounds?
Are some of these excuses going too far?
Nope! I don't think so...
First of all, more than half of the excuses above apply to men who reject women (yes men do reject women...surprise I know). Second of all, some of these are actual excuses that I've read and heard from other people, but it doesn't mean they're all legit.
A bunch are probably not excuses at all but become misinterpreted negatively by guys due to anger or frustration post rejection. However I must admit that some of these do come up a lot more than they should.
In particular the "lets just be friends" or "it's not you, it me" have been used so often that you'll easily spot them in popular romance flicks or shows. It doesn't mean they're out of bound excuses, but they do appear to be cop outs if you're uninterested.
Honesty remains the fairest way to go about a situation, so I'd recommend that over anything. If you're not interested, then go ahead and say you aren't.
I won't assume that you're cruel if you automatically reject someone, but I do believe in being open-minded before that immediate "no"!
Excuse if you must, but at least attempt to be honest if you can.