10 Signs You've Found a Keeper
He Might be the One If...
- He makes you laugh. Okay, granted this one may not be rocket science, but it is science that laughing creates feel good hormones called endorphins; therefore, it seems being with someone that keeps you feeling good is worth keeping around!
- He respects you. He repsects you as an individual and values your thoughts, beliefs, and ideas. You never have to worry about feeling judged or inadequate when you share your mind. He views you as an equal partner in the relationship.
- He believes in you. In life we all have moments of feeling insecure about our ability to achieve our dreams. This is just part of why finding someone that can encourage and believe in you even in the moments when you doubt yourself is so important.
- You share core beliefs and values. Of course a successful relationship doesn't require you to have everything in common with someone, but sharing core beliefs and values are important primarily because it eliminates either person from giving up a part of who they.
- He is willing to compromise. No two people see eye to eye all the time. Many times in conflict there isn't a right and wrong side but rather just two different sides. This is when the ability to compromise becomes critical. Compromise is two people willing to give up a little for the sake of something bigger.
- He challenges you. This one is tricky! The approach can make or break a relationship. The key to challenging someone is that it is done in an encouraging and loving manner. One of the greatest opportunities for personal growth comes from being challenged to see a different side of a situation. If you know you have someone that challenges you to be a better person you know just what I'm talking about!
- He does things (big or small) to make you feel special. Regardless if it's bringing coffee and chocolate to your job on a Monday or going all out on a surprise date, there is something to be said for a man that makes a woman feel special and cared for.
- He is loyal. Obviously it's imporant to find someone that is with you exclusively, but loyalty goes beyond just remaining faithful. In a relationship you want to know that the person you are with will have your back and stand up for you regardless if you are present or not.
- He is humble. Confidence may be attractive, but no one wants to be with someone who is cocky and stuck on their self! Part of practicing humility is the willingness to apologize and admit when you're wrong. If you find a guy that does that he may be worth sticking around for!
- He is attractive. Physical, spiritual, and intellectual attractiveness are important in any relationship. The weight that each component carries depends on the two people in the relationship. Some people place a high value on physical attraction while others not so much. Regardless in order for a relationship to be romantically compatible both parties need to feel a connection beyond the "friend zone."
If you find someone that possesses all these qualities, you just may have found yourself a real 10! Now the question is, are you a 10 too?
Questions & Answers
© 2017 Amy Dean