10 Most Attractive Traits and Men in the World
What qualities make a man attractive? If you guessed looks, you guessed wrong.
As a hands-on artist, I'm inspired by beautiful things, especially people. I can appreciate the statue of Michelangelo's David, as well as the female form of someone like the unforgettable Marilyn Monroe. Bone structure is the most important quality, for drawing, at least. But when it comes to finding men attractive, looks are only on the surface.
So what qualities make some men stand out above the other sheep in the herd? Unlike men who are visual creatures, women tend to use their mind when judging attraction. In simple terms: the fastest way to turn a woman on is to move her emotionally. How a man makes a woman feel is what makes him "attractive."
Here is my top ten list of qualities that make a man attractive:
- Confidence. When a man walks into a room and gives off the "alpha male vibe," all women are sniffing his scent. If a man lacks this quality, even if he is the most gorgeous man in the room, he will not make a woman comfortable, and thereby will kill his chances of keeping a woman's attention.
- Gentleman. He doesn't have to dress like Gary Cooper, but he should have his manners down to a "T" when it comes to courting women. That means: open doors, let the women go in first, say "please" and "thank you," and have some respect. A bouquet of flowers or box of chocolates as a surprise on a date will win you bonus points. C'mon, it's not that much of an investment, but it means the world to a true "lady."
- Intelligence. You don't need to know the "Theory of Relativity," or have an IQ over 150, but at least tickle our brain cells with interesting conversation. Even if you can only describe in detail the origin of your family history, we're impressed with guys who have something to add to the conversation. Bonus points if you compliment us, and aren't intimidated by our intelligence, by the way.
- Sense of Humor. There is nothing sexier than a man that can make a woman laugh so hard that she feels elation, makes uncontrollable noises, and feels tingly afterward.... sounds like an orgasm a bit, doesn't it? Well then-- figure out why it's attractive to be funny.
- Good looking/Chemistry. OK, so we like to be attracted visually, too. It's only fair. And you don't have to look like Brad Pitt to turn us on. Just give off those "hot stud" vibes. We'll get it.
- Caring. It is so unusual to find a man who actually cares how a woman feels or wants to make her feel better. If you have the gift of wanting to protect us and be good to us, there is no end to what we (women) will do for you in return. Remember: if you want to put a woman in "the mood," try doing the dishes or cooking her a meal. Total. Turn. On.
- Honesty/Integrity. Look at it this way: if we catch you in a lie, it's the opposite of attractive. Not zesty, not cool, and not going to "do it" for us. A man who keeps his word, makes good on his promises: we will jump through hoops to keep you around.
- Honor. Doing what is right is a noble quality and very few of us have it these days. If there is a dog to be rescued, or mother and child stuck in a ravine, a man who swings into action to be a hero will make us melt on the spot. Only drawback: you will need a scooper and broom to gather us up from the mush pile you made us into.
- Spontaneous/Adventurous. Boring guys are just, boring. So if you can occasionally surprise us with something out of the ordinary, fun and exciting, we will stick to you like sap on a tree. Or clingy women holding onto Tarzan as he swings through the jungle.
- Responsible. You don't have to be rich, to be our man, you just have to be cool with paying your debts. An independent guy who knows what he wants in life and is pursuing it (or has succeeded) is the pinnacle of a "catch" to women. You can make 7 figures a year and be up to your eyeballs in debt, or make a modest salary, but save for retirement, and splurge on pleasing a woman. We'll take the latter (at least us "non-gold-diggers").
The other qualities that didn't make the list are as follows: compliment generously, positive attitude, ambitious, no criminal background, healthy lifestyle, good with kids, smiles a lot.
We won't put up with the abusive types (physical, emotional, passive aggressive, manipulative, Narcissist), so move along, thanks!
Now, for the eye candy part of this Hub:
Here are my "Top Ten Most Attractive Men in the World" (P.S. I like tall, dark-haired men with blue eyes and good bone structure, aka "Pretty boys"):
Just the right amount of gorgeousness and charisma to make women melt. I give him a 10+ for not just being a hot, young Taurus, but he just exudes sexuality. He can feel my heartbeat, my chest, my thighs, whatever he wants. Hubba Hubba (HupPages Trophy).
Have you seen him as "The Flame" in Fantastic Four? Talk about the "whole package." Not only is he Irish Italian mixed, he is gorgeous from head to toe, and makes women swoon with that smile. And those eyes. And that body.... oh, and guys, chest hair is attractive! Please, for the love of God, don't shave your chest!
Those eyes, those lips, the chiseled good looks. Somebody, please "save me!"
OK, I'll admit that I'm into the whole "vampire romance" thing, but ever since the Harry Potter movie, I've had a bizarre attraction to the asymmetrical features of Robert Pattinson. Something about the intensity of those eyes. Or maybe, I just wish a guy could read my mind, would sneak into my bedroom when I'm asleep, carry me on his back from treetop to treetop, and save me from any peril that turns me on. Not quite sure with this one.
"The Notebook." Need I say more? Oh, and I heard he stopped a street fight. *biting lips* And he's tall, intense, and mysterious. OK, I said more...
He's just so cute. Did I mention I'm into "pretty boys?"
He's passionate, he's tense, he's totally fine. Oh, and he's got an accent-- that's always a bonus. Plus, he totally rocked it as a super-hero.
Little known hottie: singer for All American Rejects, and a relative of the late "Jack" from Three's Company, John Ritter. He sings about love and breakups, and did I mention I'm into tall, skinny, dark-haired men with blue eyes? Well, if he or anyone who knows him is reading this, let him know I'm available, and won't break his heart. And I'm also a fellow Taurus. Moo.
Antonio Sobato, Jr.
It's the dimples. And the smile. And the underwear sexy GQ looks I got hooked on.
Again, "pretty boy," dark hair, blue eyes, dreamy bone structure... only drawback: he's a bit short for my taste and a bit young, although, I'd consider being a cougar for this hunk.