Why the ENFP and INFJ are Perfect for Each Other
The ENFP and INFJ will instantly have a connection. This connection should be something that will last for a long time whether years of friendship, business partnership, or love. There may be some reasons that the two will have a falling out, but to be honest -- the two intrinsically understand each other and balance each other out. For every Myers Briggs personality, there's a counterpart that makes an almost perfect fit. The key is in the functions. Relationships struggle if people don't have similar functions, or dominate functions that guide them. ENFP and INFJ being both highly intuitive people would struggle with someone who is more dominated by sensing. These two thrive on metaphors, abstractions, and the creative -- trying to get them to be normal and grounded is like trying to make a levitating unicorn made of rainbows do your taxes.
Attraction to Each Other
Both the INFJ and ENFP will feel instant attraction to each other. They both have pieces the other one desires. The INFJ wants to be understood and needs help coming out of their shell because they are the most rare personality making them feel constantly like their ideas and feelings don't fit in with the rest of the way the group feels. The INFJ also struggles with being quiet because their dominate function is introverted intuition -- their first objective is to take information introspectively. Until this hits their emotional center and their can translate the information out-loud empathetically, they tend to keep information to themselves. ENFP are primarily information gatherers, but through extroverted intuition. To the INFJ, the ENFP talks in the way the INFJ is taking in information. This is all very pleasing and creates an ESP effect.
The ENFP on the other hand feels a strong Fi-Si loop that they can stuck in. The ENFP is the champion and is wanting constantly to involve people, spread ideas, and get things in motion. But there's this other more introspective side they have that they don't always know how to convey, if they should convey it. The INFJ in being more introspective knows how to help the ENFP with their emotional growth. The INFJ knows how to encourage them and let them know it's okay to have dark thoughts, to be a little serious, to have the crazy kind of depth. Both are obsessed with people and gathering information about people because their in the NF temperament.
The INFJ may be surprised at just how much the ENFP actually craves time by themselves and melting with more independent creative ideas. The ENFP will also be surprised by the army of friends that the seemingly shy INFJ accumulates. They're both well liked people and sometimes struggle with people pleasing. Their family centered and will put a lot of energy toward building and raising a family well. When they're both certain they want to stay with each other, they'll put less energy toward friends. They get emotionally motivated toward each other.
If both are mature in their functions, they'll be an incredible support system for each other. They may both struggle with their "S" which is down in the gutter. For the INFJ, getting they need to express who they are in the physical realm in order to grow their "S" instead of only relying on intuition. If you only rely on intuition, it will be like having a super powerful right arm with a gimp, in need of being amputated left arm. How you can get in tune with your "S" is by cooking, dancing, doing chores, pottery, hiking... something that gets your body to move. Slow your mind down and be more conscious of what you're doing in grounded reality. You might not like it at first, but if you balance this out, you'll also have stronger intuition.
As for the ENFP, you have Si at the bottom, which is introverted sensing. One of the best personalities you can learn from on Si is the ISFJ who is dominated by introverted sensing and is similar enough to the INFJ that it won't make you bonkers. Si is one of the most difficult functions to understand and grow. It's not something the western world promotes, but the eastern world gets it. Si has to do with understanding the physical processes within. You can do this through meditation, chakra balancing, praying, etc. Try spending time by yourself for 30 minutes and going through each part of your body and asking how it feels. Do this until the storm of intuition in your mind stops talking (both through your mouth and brain). If an ENFP refuses to take care of their Fi and Si for more jolly of things, those qualities will stab him in the back.
Remember, There's More to Life Than Myers Briggs
Though you may have initial attraction and great chemistry, remember there's other factors at play. You need to consider if you're trying to be romantic what kind of background the other person has. You two may click to the moon and back, but it may be impossible to close the gap if there's two much difference of where your lives came from, where they are now, and where they're going. You need to consider each others religious views, life goals, and baggage. Likely you will have a great deal in common just by being in the NF family. ENFP and INFJ are both religious and spiritual people, which is another reason they draw to each other. The INFJ is lying to themselves if they say they're conservative only when it comes to religion -- they love learning about what's in this world, questioning what's out there and how they can apply it their value system, and testing the waters to see what spiritually is real. You know you're an INFJ 100% if you feel like a psychic to some degree -- which is another reason you probably don't feel like you fit in that much with society. If you're not getting that kind of strange intuition, you're probably an INTJ... they're more reasonable.
The ENFP sees the universe from the farthest points and slowly works their way to a more tiny space. With extroverted intuition guiding them, they can see how things fit in at an advanced level globally. You may drive an ENFP crazy with too many details and structure when what they really crave is the openness of ideas and reality -- this is why they delight in seeing others happy and why they love to pull an INFJ out of his shell. The ENFP then goes all the way to the bottom with introverted sensing where they must ask questions of their body, how it feels, why it feels the way it does. The more an ENFP can force themselves to better understand this -- the more they'll grow and appreciate everything. Both of these personalities have incredibly strange social skills because the INFJ is the most social introvert and the ENFP is hyper social, but also hyper in need of chill, quiet space.
The ENFP and INFJ both have tendencies to be hippies. They want to play and create in the world, not be tied down to paying bills. These personalities need careers that make their passions shine, not necessarily their bank accounts. If they have the immediate things taken care of in their physical surroundings, they're happy campers. They need their fill when it comes to imagination and fantasy. I suggest that they live in a space that doesn't require a lot of belongings because less is more for them -- and we'll keep them from going bankrupt.
Billy Crystal and Robin Williams -- the INFJ and ENFP connection
How to Tell it's an INFJ and ENFP Connection
1. Everything else and everyone else in the room will not be in focus at all. They'll be so focused on their inner world and the inner world exchange that they experience that everything else gets tuned out. They're in their own little world -- and it's completely harmless.
2. Hyperactive spontaneity. If you're an INFJ and you think you're not spontaneous, something isn't right. You might not be an INFJ, because the INFJ loves the random -- it gives their introverted intuition a major jolt. The ENFP and INFJ will get their selves into serious randomness with little to no planning.
3. This combination turns into a powerful duo of jokes. The ENFP starts the joke off and the INFJ comes in with the punchline -- and they keep going with that energy.
4. They'll stare at each other from a far. They like the connection, so they'll keep checking on them from afar when they can't be right next to each other. INFJ has a powerful set of eyes, and they know it, so they're careful with those eyes. An INFJ has Cyclops eyes and Jean Grey's mind.
5. If you're witnessing an ENFP and INFJ connection you'll probably be wondering why the heck the two are not together yet.
6. People will notice the connection and ask about it.
7. The two will plan to only spend a little bit of time with each other and then be together for an entire night... which is what they really wanted anyway.
8. The ENFP will keep picking the INFJ and the INFJ will make obstacles to see if the ENFP is set on them. An INFJ will literally find another prospective lover and say, "Don't you want to talk to them?" And the ENFP will either say "no" or push that person away. The ENFP knows how to decide on a person, and the INFJ has to check to make sure there's loyalty.
9. The ENFP will get louder and louder and louder. The INFJ will get wittier and wittier and wittier.
10. Deep, sensual hugs. They can communicate without words and just convey it all in a hug.
11. They will serve others. They want to make sure those around them are okay. They make a perfect counseling team.
12. Don't confuse the ENFP for only wanting to be around the herd. He wants the INFJ all to himself. It will be a noticeable goal.
13. The INFJ may be slow to the ENFP's advances. Have patience... they're likely to come around.
14. The two are both idiosyncratic, having created their own personal world their entires lives. When they come across each other, they're surprised the world they've created fits someone else.
15. These are two of the most intelligent personalities. They occasionally try to hide their brains so they can fit into a group situation. Don't be surprised if they jump in conversation from philosophy, religion, math, to cartoons, UFOS, and unicorns.
16. They're both dominated by information gathering -- they express affection by large info dumps and seeing how all those dots can connect.
17. Creative expressions -- late night jams, dancing, pottery making, poetry reading, cooking, and painting.
18. You'll see the INFJ be more comfortable than you've ever seen and more out of their shell. You'll see the ENFP more balanced... and also insane.
19. They hate conflict, but they know how to resolve it with kindness over arrogance.
20. They seem like two giant big kids, somehow still innocent... and also with the dirtiest minds you've ever seen.