Why the Capricorn and the Aquarius Have Compatibility
Why Are Capricorns Attracted to Aquarius?
Capricorn and Aquarius are consecutive signs, the 10th and 11th houses respectively. Consecutive signs tend to connect on some level with ease. I think these two can easily be friends, but there are a lot of differences between them.
Capricorn as an earth sign can be a polar opposite of the Aquarius and its airiness. Capricorn is often a traditional-family-seeking zodiac. Capricorn wants a grounded relationship, while Aquarius needs freedom in their relationship; they don't want to feel taken away by their relationship and lose their identity.
Capricorn will appreciate the organic, real ways that Aquarius lives by, but sometimes, they don't really understand it. Both are social zodiacs; Capricorns are often popular, intelligent, and movers and shakers. Aquarians are intelligent but generally more metaphysical and interested in counterculture. I find Aquarians push the boundaries of culture more than a Capricorn, partly because Capricorns like to be popular and conform to social norms. They worry if they are doing something socially uncouth.
Capricorn will enjoy the unique flavor that Aquarius offers. Aquarius is often popular in its own right, so for a Capricorn, scoring the popular Aquarius is a total ego boost.
Aquarius and Capricorn
I find these two will mesh, partly because they are consecutive signs.
Capricorn wants the Aquarius to join its inner circle. It may push the Aquarius out of its circle if the Aquarius isn't really working with its social philosophies, goals, and inner circle. Capricorn has certain traditional goals, usually, family-centered goals, financial success—success and manifestation are close to the earth signs' hearts.
Capricorn, the last earth sign in the zodiac, has somewhat softer goals, residing more in the family, in my opinion. I find the Taurus wants more financial, surface-level goals. A Taurus is into the presentation, clean spaces, etc.
Capricorn and Aquarius will kick off in the way Aquarius wants: friendship. These two can be a great duo at witty banter, cleverness, and the like. They don't play the same cards intellectually, but they can meld their intellectual cards together.
Capricorn is accepting of Aquarius' weird mentality, but again, if Aquarius breaks a lot of social contracts, a Capricorn can get spiteful. They want to give Aquarius a space in their life, but if they are not up to par in respecting that space, the Capricorn will deny that partner.
Consecutive signs often share similar qualities. There can be a feeling of just understanding things together automatically. Aquarius will have the Capricorn figured out fast, which will be convenient for the Capricorn that can sometimes have a rich inner life that others just don't get.
I find Capricorns usually are the party builders; they like to set a scene, and they love having different people come together and seeing how they interact. Aquarius doesn't usually like to do that kind of work. They want to show up, experience the social milieu, and do crazy stuff (or at least vicariously do crazy stuff by having people around them that will).
Capricorns bring the setting, Aquarius brings the energy.
Capricorns are great at building safe spaces for Aquarians. Aquarius is looking for someone to accept them, not necessarily understand them, but accept them regardless.
Capricorns can help bring out Aquarius seriousness, and Capricorns can also play their weird games. Aquarius needs to accept they are much weirder. So much weirder. Capricorn will do well to accept this and not shut them down over something unusual they do. Aquarius likes encouragement. These two have a connection that can be really solid without having to be overbearing. I think Capricorn stabilizes Aquarius while also allowing them to do their own dance.
I have seen blowouts with Capricorns and Aquarians—a Capricorn may make a sharp judgment and put up a wall or grudge against Aquarius, which will really hurt them. They'll wonder if you've been faking the relationship, and Capricorns as popularity seekers sometimes do . . . fake things. But know, that comes at a significant cost for Aquarius souls who are existential. The Aquarian mission is to bring out the most authentic version of the world, rather than a fake copy.
Top 10 Things These Two Bring to the Table
- As an earth sign, you will bring in the money. All earth signs have an innate understanding of physical reality that air signs often ignore and run over. Earth signs are great at physical manifestation. Finances go with this.
- Creating positive settings. They like safe spaces. They like thriving parties. They are setting makers.
- Stabilizing, grounding, and comfy. They don't put pressure on Aquarius in a way that threatens them . . . unless there is a blowout.
- They are seekers of traditional goals—bringing in family, consistency, and confidence.
- Honest, solid, and interesting but not flashy. They don't have sparkle-over-the-top egos like a Leo. They have an ego, but it's more reserved, something the Aquarius can handle.
- Love to talk, love to listen, love ideas.
- Offers a physical, comforting relationship. They are sturdy and rock-like for Aquarius.
- Comfortable with Aquarius being detached in its emotions.
- Committed, but in a way that won't scare the Aquarius. Aquarius is worried if they commit the person will suddenly leave. Capricorn can take their time before having to date an Aquarius (or go official) making it nicer for an Aquarius who requires friendship first.
- Capricorn will dote on Aquarius for their weirdness. A nice plus.
- Capricorn will never get bored with an Aquarius. Capricorn will accept them, but the Aquarius will constantly come up with new, ambitious, bizarre things.
- Aquarius will spark Capricorn's conversations and mind.
- It's a freeing relationship—Aquarius is independent, comfortable with itself, and won't interfere with Capricorn's world.
- A life full of adventures, creativity, various social groups, ideas, and magic.
- An Aquarius is charming and generally quite beautiful. They'll do what they can to be endearing, funny, and clever. They have great insight into the future.
- Manages emotions well and considers carefully how they present conflicts.
- A burst of mental energy, constantly inspiring the Capricorn mind.
- Aquarius is open, thinking outside the box, and yet sincere. Aquarius cares to a high degree about making a relationship genuine.
- If they open up their emotional selves, it is quite endearing and powerful.
- They will make for exciting home spaces, with various puzzling furniture interests.
Capricorn does well with managing housework. Capricorn does well to manage finances. Aquarius needs a space to express itself and be weird, and Aquarius loves it when someone can join in seamlessly. Capricorn should always encourage rather than shut down the Aquarius or make it feel like it's being too weird. An Aquarius opens up more based on cues the Capricorn gives it. Aquarius are (secretively) emotional, but it often comes off detached. They absorb a lot of emotion until they feel ready to release it (the water bearer, it's an important image).
Aquarius, if you have a blowout with Capricorn, don't be afraid to talk about it openly. Don't let it shut you down, or cause you to build up a wall and grudge. Your Capricorn loves you, but sometimes it's difficult for them to know what strategy to take. They don't always have the same rules to friendship. Don't let that shock you too hard.
Unfortunately, a lot of zodiacs will do something crazy to try and get a rise out of the Aquarius, rather than take the more patient route to let you come to what conclusions you want in your own time.