Are Taurus and Gemini Compatible? (Yes! Here's Why)
Taurus and Gemini Compatibility
This pairing of consecutive signs frequently works out because the two share similarities by season, while still bringing different elements to the table. Taurus and Gemini are spring signs, and when they combine forces, we can discover a lot about how the world works and why life blooms on this planet to begin with.
Middle of Spring
End of Spring
April 21–May 21
May 21–June 21
Taurus Traits and Characteristics
As the center of the life-giving sign, Taurus has a lot of ego. After Aries makes its orbit of the world to bring in fresh energy after the cold winter, it stops showing off as the first child of the real year, and Taurus gets its chance to shine. Taurus wants to prove itself to be just as strong as Aries while maintaining its own unique soul. Taurus has second-child syndrome.
Headstrong and Particular
Taurus is the fixed earth sign, and as the first fixed sign of the zodiac, it is extra stubborn. Taurus isn't always sensitive to other people's plans and can struggle to follow them; they like things done the way they want them done. Sometimes, they have a mentality of "my way or the highway." This is why they are the bull. They will charge after what they want and can be headstrong without much consideration for others.
At the same time, there are many soft-hearted Tauruses in this world who treasure the garden of life, tending to it to make the flowers grow and taking care to cultivate what life needs. Earth signs are more manager-like signs. They want to provide and to take care of tasks, and they are pretty good at this.
Gemini Traits and Characteristics
Gemini is the end of spring, and as such, didn't work for the fruits it automatically gets. It takes things as they are. Gemini is one of the most spacious, free, and accepting signs of the zodiac . . . depending on their mood, that is—Gemini is like Jekyll and Hyde. It is symbolized by the twins: a sign of duality.
Philosophical and Curious
Gemini arrives in the full wealth of spring, so it doesn't have the built-in complexes Aries and Taurus have about making sure life happens. By the time Gemini arrives on the scene, life already is. This might be why Gemini is more philosophical than some of the more ego-centric signs.
Gemini are intelligent, curious, fluctuating, and full of variety. This will baffle Taurus at times because Taurus is more opinionated and searching for something more exact.
Flexible and Easy-Going
Gemini generally prefers to go with the flow, though they don't mind taking charge once in a while. Gemini can get their hands into two different worlds at once and still be comfortable with those parallel and contradictory lenses.
Can These Signs Work Together?
In a healthy Taurus-Gemini relationship, this combination will be a major team. They both have strong mental focus and, together, they can accomplish whatever they want. Bring about world peace? Sure! Bring about the world's end? Sure! They have the skills to link up and become truly united without feeling as though they are losing themselves.
Earth + Air
These signs understand the differences between themselves and see those differences as something that can bring them closer together. Perhaps that's the often-overlooked quality of an Earth and Air sign pairing.
Water is theoretically supposed to be a good match for Earth, and Fire is supposed to be a good match for Air, but the power of an Earth-Air relationship is usually underrated. While Water tends to want to merge entirely, and Fire wants to consume entirely, Air is comfortable going with the flow.
Yin-Yang Balance and Fulfilment
Mixing a yin-and-yang relationship can allow two people to cover more ground. When you have relationships that are of the same element or are both yin or both yang, there can be too much overlap, keeping certain tasks from ever being accomplished. This is problematic because it can lead to some heavy consequences down the line.
Consider this: Whatever your daily habits are, where your feet point, and what things you accept into your life all play into the fate you will meet at the end of the road. If you have two people functioning the same way, you are essentially bringing the same demons and the same angels to the relationship.
This is why yin-and-yang relationships like Taurus and Gemini can really work well. Stress will be relieved rather than amplified, and you both will cover certain ground you didn't know existed, laying the foundation for a fulfilling relationship.
Both of you will bring something different to the bedroom. Gemini likes to flirt as a precursor, and Taurus is more sensual as an earth sign. Let those differences ignite the spark between you as you find your own intimate path together.
How to Balance a Taurus-Gemini Relationship
Keep in mind, Taurus is fixed, dependable, and hard-working. They want things to get done. A home environment with lots of unfinished projects can stress them out. Gemini is more curious and open to change, and it likes multiplicity. You'll have to work to balance out these factors so as not to annoy each other. It may at times feel like a battle between the closed- and the open-minded.
Taurus will want some solid ground, while Gemini is full of energy and seeking freedom. Try taking turns leading and showing your worlds, and as your partner lets you in, let go of any preconceived notions. Together you can teach each other more about the world and create a more refined path.
Work to Understand and Celebrate Your Differences
Taurus offers a lot more common sense, stability, and direction to the relationship. Taurus wants to be in the world, hands deep in the earth, and enjoys being pragmatic. It takes care of the garden, while Gemini lives in the garden. Taurus feels great pride in being the part of the year where all the flowers and crops are in bloom—the spring rains and flirty romance of the season make Taurus feel alive.
Gemini will have to accept that Taurus doesn't want to talk all the time. Gemini loves to talk for the sake of talking, and this could annoy Taurus from time to time (especially when they see tasks going unaccomplished in favor of chat).
Gemini is infatuated with life and often exhibits a very calm, zen-like personality, but this sign sometimes doesn't realize how much effort is put into making the world bloom. By the same token, sometimes Taurus doesn't realize we need to play on the stage of life rather than just cultivate that stage.
As consecutive signs, they can bridge these differences together. They won't feel such great dissonance as they might in relationships with other signs.
Accept That You and Your Partner Move at Different Speeds
Gemini has a talkative, abstract, extreme intelligence that flies fast. Gemini is ready to go and do, which can be hard for Taurus, who moves at a different speed. Taurus is practical and can see what gears are not working in life. Taurus may find Gemini to be too frenetic at times. This relationship is all about acceptance and knowing people go at different speeds.
Accept each other for your differences and play your cards to benefit each other. You'll be drawn to each other naturally because the other person has what you lack.
Tips to Make the Relationship Work
- Strike a balance between time together and time apart. Both of you are content with time spent away and time spent together. Try using this cycle to your advantage. Know when to nurture each other and when to give each other space. By putting your best effort into this, you can strengthen your relationship ties.
- Be patient and strive for compromise. Taurus should not give up or get annoyed with Gemini for having too much flexibility in their mind. Taurus needs to be patient when possible and comfortable being more decisive. Neither of you can manipulate the other. Work to compromise and balance out your strengths.
- Keep things fresh. Gemini will appreciate variety on Taurus' part. Taurus should look to see how they can liven things up.
- Avoid temper tantrums. Gemini should not play games with Taurus' temper. Gemini is skilled at keeping calm. This helps the relationship with Taurus, but even still, rocking the boat with a Taurus can end in a temper tantrum. Gemini has some edge in this arena because they can use unorthodox methods to move conversations in their favor. They also can use a calm demeanor to soften heated arguments.
- Make plans together (and keep them). Plans are good for both of you . . . as long as you follow through with them. Gemini does well with impulse; it is how they operate. Taurus can make good plans. Know that you have different lenses, and find a way to make it work.
- Split up the responsibilities based on who prefers what. You should have some ease with this in being such different elemental signs. Taurus likes to manage their surroundings; Gemini likes to lead in unorthodox ways.
- Don't get into a battle over who is smarter. This could lead to a crazy downward spiral. Taurus has a blunt force to their intelligence; Gemini has a never-ending stack of wild cards.
- Focus on positive energy. The best couples in the world focus on kindness and generosity.
- Communicate openly. Taurus—don't get so independent that you don't communicate properly to Gemini. Neither of you should leave each other in the dark.
- Be affectionate. Gemini—be more comfortable with your body. Communicate with it. Give more hugs and kisses. As an air sign, it is easy to forget to do this when you are lost in your own head.
Any Zodiac Combination Can Work
When you have the right perspective and recipe, any of the 78 possible zodiac combinations can work. In the real world, we have seen all zodiac combinations end in lifelong marriage and all zodiac combinations end in divorce. No pairing is given a special edge that guarantees either of these scenarios. Some combinations are trickier than others, and that's where it can help to talk and figure out how to properly address those difficult areas.
If you hear that any particular combination is doomed, take a step back. At the end of the day, you are still in charge of your free will, and if you feel a genuine connection with your significant other, you shouldn't break it off just because your star signs aren't said to be compatible. As long as your personalities mesh well and you're both happy, that's all that matters.
© 2017 Andrea Lawrence